Ovtcharov posts a photo of his blades

This user has no status.
Just saw him post this on his Instagram account. At first glance it looks sort of like a straight Viscaria handle.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CI3ELQuAkyc/?igshid=1tm6mijoy8pt1

3994686ad24c707775121f44e24113db.jpg

yeah saw that too. Not a viscaria. Clearly a custom blade, no gem, no idk how to call it, but the thing in the fh side.

That is a custom blade. Not really able to see anyhing, just showing off btfly brand coz he doesnt show bottom, which is rumored to have senso handle or doesnt show sides.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2019
Its not a Viscaria, its an innerforce ALC type of blade, similar to HL5 style.

This user has no status.
Yeah, I don’t think he would go back to using a Viscaria blade since he switched to inner ALC a while back. Just saying the handle design reminds me of a straight Viscaria.

I’ll be curious to see if his final Butterfly blade will be the exact same composition as his Donic blade or somewhat different since he is now using D09 instead of Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Main butterfly players (or of any company) all will have customized equipment.
In fact, you don't need to be the main to get customized, but the main would likely get they own named blade.

The customization is far greater than one would think. I mean, the likes of which part of the veneer to use versus the thickness, versus the sweetspot can all be tweaked.
Most of the time, the customization is so complicated that the retail product will never ever be closed to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Do the handle look pretty thin? Think the head looks big. Maybe an illusion.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Dima posted this photo on his instagram account.
Looks like the design for the handle has been finalized by him and Butterfly, hard to make out much of it yet but we should get better looks soon when new videos of him training emerge.

138935275_1123848534735354_2468195183844193332_n.jpg
139048982_1123836121403262_5959007006682769224_n.jpg

It's likely the blade will be released in April (1st or 21st, dates which Butterfly uses to release new equipment at the beginning of each year) along with Patrick Franziska's signature blade. If that's the case, they'll make an announcement at the end of the month or sometime in February.

Last edited:
says Today I saw Shang Kung using Apolonia. Watch on insta...
says Today I saw Shang Kung using Apolonia. Watch on insta...
Oct 2020
Isn’t the cosmetics are looking just like Kenta Matsudaira ALC in fact the colour is also same.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Main butterfly players (or of any company) all will have customized equipment.
In fact, you don't need to be the main to get customized, but the main would likely get they own named blade.

The customization is far greater than one would think. I mean, the likes of which part of the veneer to use versus the thickness, versus the sweetspot can all be tweaked.
Most of the time, the customization is so complicated that the retail product will never ever be closed to it.

Yes i shared a training session with a pro team in France, i was lucky to show all their equipment and a i play with a Donic custom blade with a longer handle than the commercial version and a kind of screw just at the bottom of the handle. The pro player explain me it’s for a better balance in the weight repartition

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk