BUBBLE - DHS Hurricane 3 national blue sponge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
This sometimes happens to me after 10 days, and same goes with professionals. Its the weakness of H3 and is totally expected. To try and prevent this you can stop using booster (if you used it). It is also totally possible that the sheet was just bad quality or has been sitting in storage for too long. I wouldn't say this is a fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGrxhRU8CvY&list=PLWA8yvdNWrgfQpnDH5LpGrSQDjJi3How_&index=61&t=180s
if you look at 2:30 in the video, you'll see that it happens.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
yes thats normal.... if i not training to much 14 days and rubber dead with bubble ... h3 blue sponge not good, broke very easy ...

I was wondering if you would see this thread.

You guys should know, Panany is quite a high level player who uses H3 but, last I heard, does not use H3 Blue Sponge because of the bubbling issue.

Panany, can you explain a little more fully?

says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
says Table Tennis - the sport for life.
Jan 2013
Bubbles are ALWAYS a risk when you boost, no matter how careful you are. The extra tension from boosting weakens the topsheet to sponge bond, and can come loose from the impact of the ball. In general Chinese-made rubbers have a weaker bond between topsheet & sponge, so it's more likely to occur.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Bubbles are ALWAYS a risk when you boost, no matter how careful you are. The extra tension from boosting weakens the topsheet to sponge bond, and can come loose from the impact of the ball. In general Chinese-made rubbers have a weaker bond between topsheet & sponge, so it's more likely to occur.

What the heck does Haggisv know anyway? Jeesh.

Answer. A WHOLE LOT.

Listen to DeHaggis when he speaks (not so often here, but he is more active on MyTT and OOAK - Heck, he OWNS OOAK !!) Listening to DeHaggis is akin to listening to E.F. Hutton in the 1970s.

This user has no status.
Yeah i always put glue first then booster. Three very thin layers (the booster I use is Seamoon) . Leave it for a week and then glue it to the blade.
Thanks a lot for the info mates!

The booster is to ensure that the rubber is taut.
Note that top Chinese players always have the edge of the rubber slightly bent upwards.
This means that they do not wait for the rubber to level.
The risk is that during intense play, the top sheet may peel off and a bubble may form.
Multiple layers of glue create a flexible effect, speed up the rubber and are more pleasant to the touch.

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
If your FH is strong and you do a lot of FH-FH loop rallies, I could easily see it happen. I use the more sturdy orange sponge for practice and blue sponge (leading up to and) in tournaments.