Stiga Celero Wood Thoughts

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I was looking at blades recently to upgrade my stiga allround classic with something offensive but still have great feeling and control while also being faster and offensive and I came across this blade Stiga Celero wood that blade seems too good to be true almost as fast as clipper and having great feeling and elasticity how is that possible to be so flex and have such speed every blade that I see around that speed range is getting kinda stiff for a beginner to intermediate player like me what are your guys thoughts?And also the blade seems to be not so popular on the equipment websites and not soo purchased why is that?

I would reccomend this setup.

Blade: Stiga Offensive classic Master flare (though i never tried allround classic, I like the slightly firm feel of offensive classic with the spruce below the top limba layer. it provides great control for me)
fh rubber: stick with the h3 neo
bh rubber: rakza 7

that way your rubbers are the same, but the blade is slightly faster, but if you are ok using carbon:

ovtcharov true carbon(RECOMMENDED!!!!), tb alc, or viscaria

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Celero is good.

I used it for several months. Mine was hard enough and had plenty of control. Paird it with Rakza 7 at the time, and it was rewarding to do steady forehand topspin.

Do not use 45 degree rubbers on it, or it will feel too soft/slow. I had EL-S on BH, and it was just too soft too slow. Go with any mainstream 47 degree rubber.

Stiga Azalea Offensive is similar to Offensive Classic. Very nice blade. Select your preferred weight. Can be over 90g but I prefer about 86g.

This also but the Azalea off us slightly more bouncy.