says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
China are preparing for the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2012 at the Werner Schalger Academy! Last year in May the Chinese National team prepared for the World Table Tennis Championships at the Werner Schalger Academy (WSA). The WSA met all the Chinese players needs last year especially Zhang Jike in winning the World Championships! Tomorrow on the 16th March 2012 will see the Chinese team once again prepare for the World 'Team' Championships at the Werner Schalger Academy.

We can use this thread for all the latest pictures and news and hopefully video footage from the Werner Schalger Academy! :)

The Chinese team members have been posting about their stay at the Werner Schalger Academy with Chinese National Team manager Huang Biao, posting photos on his Weibo page

chinaarrivewsa2012.jpg

Day 1

chinaarrivewsa2012day2.jpg
chinaarrivewsa2012day29.jpg
chinaarrivewsa2012daymalinchen.jpg
chinaarrivewsa2012women.jpg

It seems Werner Schlager's academy of promising to link Europe with the rest of the World is proving to be strong! Lets hope the WSA will bring Europe to the forefront of table tennis. What do you all think?

The World Team Championships begins on the 26th March 2012! Stay tuned!

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
I have been at the academy, and players (and everyone one else @ the academy) can watch when top players/teams train. Cant see anyone allowed to watch these guys..... why is that? they must feel/think they are some sort of supreme beings or something.... Sorry - I am not a big fan of the CNT and its members - they really must have delusions of gandeaur or think they are more important than they really are - after all, they are NOT Barcelona FC :)))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I'm at the academy now jedi. Haven't really noticed anything stopping anyone from going in and watching. Are you referring to something in particular? I in the gym yesterday while they were doing their (light) workout. They had arrived the day before and were just loosening up. Jogging, shoulder rehab exercise, core exercise, etc.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I'm at the academy now jedi. Haven't really noticed anything stopping anyone from going in and watching. Are you referring to something in particular? I in the gym yesterday while they were doing their (light) workout. They had arrived the day before and were just loosening up. Jogging, shoulder rehab exercise, core exercise, etc.

Wow that's awesome you can watch them in the hall! Are you able to take part? I saw Chen Weixing and some others training with the team. Can you get us some video footage by any chance :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I'm not sure they would be too keen for me to join in their session Dan :) They've pretty much got it covered. Some of the well-connected Austrians join in their sessions and Monteiro sometimes gets a run. Will try for footage tomorrow but I don't want to be too pushy. Trying to be a good citizen of the WSA and not harass the other guests :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I'm not sure they would be too keen for me to join in their session Dan :) They've pretty much got it covered. Some of the well-connected Austrians join in their sessions and Monteiro sometimes gets a run. Will try for footage tomorrow but I don't want to be too pushy. Trying to be a good citizen of the WSA and not harass the other guests :)

Yeah sure I understand what you mean :) I'm in a dream World hehe

I thought perhaps the Chinese team would join in with WSA sessions to, like some sort of fair agreement in them training there :).... Be great if you could get us some short footage if its not to much hassle.

By the way, what is the other stadium with the big seats ect. Is that part of the Werner Schalger Academy to?

wsachinaday22.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I'll also add that the training here has been awesome in the past week. The Indian, Czech, Hungarian, Egyptian, Iranian, Austrian and Italian teams have been training here. My hits in the past few days have been Andrei Gacina, Kamal Ashanta, Stefano Tomasi, Soumyajit Ghosh and Lubomir Jancarik. Can't complain about that :)

The other stadium is the big sports hall that is adjacent (5 metres through a corridor) from the WSA training hall. There are so many players here at the moment that we couldn't fit of the 25 tables in the WSA hall.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I'll also add that the training here has been awesome in the past week. The Indian, Czech, Hungarian, Egyptian, Iranian, Austrian and Italian teams have been training here. My hits in the past few days have been Andrei Gacina, Kamal Ashanta, Stefano Tomasi, Soumyajit Ghosh and Lubomir Jancarik. Can't complain about that :)

The other stadium is the big sports hall that is adjacent (5 metres through a corridor) from the WSA training hall. There are so many players here at the moment that we couldn't fit of the 25 tables in the WSA hall.

Amazing training.. Everyone must love it there. The perfect set up for you pros

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Yeah sure I understand what you mean :) I'm in a dream World hehe

I thought perhaps the Chinese team would join in with WSA sessions to, like some sort of fair agreement in them training there :).... Be great if you could get us some short footage if its not to much hassle.

By the way, what is the other stadium with the big seats ect. Is that part of the Werner Schalger Academy to?

View attachment 2065

Absolutely Dan, I think that would be a fair trade. But I guess you have to go through LGL to get the nod:) It would be nice for the sport and good politically too.

But I think getting short footages via mobile phones is quite subtle..as long as it doesn't interfere the trainings, and the players concentrations..