PDA

View Full Version : China prepare for WTTTC at WSA

TableTennisDaily
03-18-2012, 04:09 PM
China are preparing for the World Team Table Tennis Championships 2012 (http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2434-World-Team-Championships-2012) at the Werner Schalger Academy! Last year in May the Chinese National team prepared for the World Table Tennis Championships at the Werner Schalger Academy (WSA). The WSA met all the Chinese players needs last year especially Zhang Jike in winning the World Championships! Tomorrow on the 16th March 2012 will see the Chinese team once again prepare for the World 'Team' Championships at the Werner Schalger Academy.

We can use this thread for all the latest pictures and news and hopefully video footage from the Werner Schalger Academy! :)

The Chinese team members have been posting about their stay at the Werner Schalger Academy with Chinese National Team manager Huang Biao, posting photos on his Weibo page

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/chinaarrivewsa2012.jpg

Day 1

It seems Werner Schlager's academy of promising to link Europe with the rest of the World is proving to be strong! Lets hope the WSA will bring Europe to the forefront of table tennis. What do you all think?

The World Team Championships begins on the 26th March 2012! Stay tuned!

TableTennisDaily
03-18-2012, 04:12 PM
More from day 1

Milad Loves Timo Boll
03-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks nice pic's.

Dan
03-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Day 2 - Gym:)

Dan
03-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Day 2 - Stadium

Tadex
03-18-2012, 06:21 PM
How come the players sit separately on the coach?

jedimasterplk
03-18-2012, 06:36 PM
I have been at the academy, and players (and everyone one else @ the academy) can watch when top players/teams train. Cant see anyone allowed to watch these guys..... why is that? they must feel/think they are some sort of supreme beings or something.... Sorry - I am not a big fan of the CNT and its members - they really must have delusions of gandeaur or think they are more important than they really are - after all, they are NOT Barcelona FC :)))

ttEDGE - William
03-18-2012, 07:21 PM
I'm at the academy now jedi. Haven't really noticed anything stopping anyone from going in and watching. Are you referring to something in particular? I in the gym yesterday while they were doing their (light) workout. They had arrived the day before and were just loosening up. Jogging, shoulder rehab exercise, core exercise, etc.

Dan
03-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I'm at the academy now jedi. Haven't really noticed anything stopping anyone from going in and watching. Are you referring to something in particular? I in the gym yesterday while they were doing their (light) workout. They had arrived the day before and were just loosening up. Jogging, shoulder rehab exercise, core exercise, etc.

Wow that's awesome you can watch them in the hall! Are you able to take part? I saw Chen Weixing and some others training with the team. Can you get us some video footage by any chance :)

ttEDGE - William
03-18-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure they would be too keen for me to join in their session Dan :) They've pretty much got it covered. Some of the well-connected Austrians join in their sessions and Monteiro sometimes gets a run. Will try for footage tomorrow but I don't want to be too pushy. Trying to be a good citizen of the WSA and not harass the other guests :)

Dan
03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure they would be too keen for me to join in their session Dan :) They've pretty much got it covered. Some of the well-connected Austrians join in their sessions and Monteiro sometimes gets a run. Will try for footage tomorrow but I don't want to be too pushy. Trying to be a good citizen of the WSA and not harass the other guests :)

Yeah sure I understand what you mean :) I'm in a dream World hehe

I thought perhaps the Chinese team would join in with WSA sessions to, like some sort of fair agreement in them training there :).... Be great if you could get us some short footage if its not to much hassle.

By the way, what is the other stadium with the big seats ect. Is that part of the Werner Schalger Academy to?

ttEDGE - William
03-18-2012, 07:35 PM
I'll also add that the training here has been awesome in the past week. The Indian, Czech, Hungarian, Egyptian, Iranian, Austrian and Italian teams have been training here. My hits in the past few days have been Andrei Gacina, Kamal Ashanta, Stefano Tomasi, Soumyajit Ghosh and Lubomir Jancarik. Can't complain about that :)

The other stadium is the big sports hall that is adjacent (5 metres through a corridor) from the WSA training hall. There are so many players here at the moment that we couldn't fit of the 25 tables in the WSA hall.

Dan
03-18-2012, 08:43 PM
I'll also add that the training here has been awesome in the past week. The Indian, Czech, Hungarian, Egyptian, Iranian, Austrian and Italian teams have been training here. My hits in the past few days have been Andrei Gacina, Kamal Ashanta, Stefano Tomasi, Soumyajit Ghosh and Lubomir Jancarik. Can't complain about that :)

The other stadium is the big sports hall that is adjacent (5 metres through a corridor) from the WSA training hall. There are so many players here at the moment that we couldn't fit of the 25 tables in the WSA hall.

Amazing training.. Everyone must love it there. The perfect set up for you pros

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

nabilatouni
03-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Day 2 - Stadium

hahaha Love Ma Lin!! Great pictures thank you!

judah000
03-19-2012, 01:59 AM
nice progression by WSA. I think it is still their first year?

azlan
03-19-2012, 05:39 AM
Yeah sure I understand what you mean :) I'm in a dream World hehe

I thought perhaps the Chinese team would join in with WSA sessions to, like some sort of fair agreement in them training there :).... Be great if you could get us some short footage if its not to much hassle.

By the way, what is the other stadium with the big seats ect. Is that part of the Werner Schalger Academy to?

Absolutely Dan, I think that would be a fair trade. But I guess you have to go through LGL to get the nod:) It would be nice for the sport and good politically too.

But I think getting short footages via mobile phones is quite subtle..as long as it doesn't interfere the trainings, and the players concentrations..

Bryce
03-19-2012, 07:11 AM
It'll be great if there was a video!

ttmedari
03-19-2012, 07:33 AM
ou..wonderful pics. anyway, who is standing on chen qi's left (top pic)

nabilatouni
03-19-2012, 08:42 AM
ou..wonderful pics. anyway, who is standing on chen qi's left (top pic)

Oh, this is Qiu Yike! I think he's here as a backup player!

azlan
03-19-2012, 08:57 AM
Interesting..from the photos I can see they're having Chinese dietary...I wonder if they bring their own cooks. Btw Will, how's the food there? Is it included or do you have to pay separately for your meals?

WiWa
03-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Great pics! I bet Chen Weixing had a good time practising against Ma Lin haha. Poor Chen.

nabilatouni
03-19-2012, 12:49 PM
In one article, it says that "they found a chinese restaurant" so I guess that they have to pay separately for their meals!!

yang_fan
03-19-2012, 02:41 PM
That chinese food actually looks authentic! very lucky of them to find some good chinese food in austria. here in the USA its almost impossible to find good authentic chinese food (except in nyc and san fran). Man that makes me hungry!!!

If they could make a video of any of the training, that would be so amazing!

Vega
03-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Interesting..from the photos I can see they're having Chinese dietary...I wonder if they bring their own cooks. Btw Will, how's the food there? Is it included or do you have to pay separately for your meals?

I remember one of the last big events (dont know for sure if it was team championships or singles) where they made a stopover in Austria, too to prepare for this event. And there was an article stating that they brought nearly everything they needed by themselfs, of course the rubbers, glue (it was in the glueing-era), balls etc. and even their own water cause they didn't like the one they got over there.. So I wouldn't be too surprised if they bring their own food...

Anders
03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
I have been at the academy, and players (and everyone one else @ the academy) can watch when top players/teams train. Cant see anyone allowed to watch these guys..... why is that? they must feel/think they are some sort of supreme beings or something.... Sorry - I am not a big fan of the CNT and its members - they really must have delusions of gandeaur or think they are more important than they really are - after all, they are NOT Barcelona FC :)))

Agree on the fact that they aint Barcelona FC... They're much greater than that! :D

azlan
03-19-2012, 05:56 PM
I remember one of the last big events (dont know for sure if it was team championships or singles) where they made a stopover in Austria, too to prepare for this event. And there was an article stating that they brought nearly everything they needed by themselfs, of course the rubbers, glue (it was in the glueing-era), balls etc. and even their own water cause they didn't like the one they got over there.. So I wouldn't be too surprised if they bring their own food...

Nicely pointed out Vega..cheers.:)

ttEDGE - William
03-19-2012, 06:26 PM

I thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him. He used to be around on the tour but after he and partner lost to a Welshman and Australian in doubles at a Pro Tour, I didn't see him much anymore :)

There is one decent Chinese restaurant not too far away from the hall and even closer to their hotel. Food isn't included here so they eat out. Will try for video tomorrow but will be dependent on the coach saying its ok.

WiWa
03-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Agree on the fact that they aint Barcelona FC... They're much greater than that! :D

So true :D People often forget the inferiority of football to table tennis.

nabilatouni
03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
This is problably a stupid question but how can they bring all the food, I mean there's a lot of people and they must be tired to always bring everything with them...

So true :D People often forget the inferiority of football to table tennis.

hahaha love that quote WiWa :D

WiWa
03-20-2012, 08:12 AM
This is problably a stupid question but how can they bring all the food, I mean there's a lot of people and they must be tired to always bring everything with them...

I thought the same, also about the water lol. I can't imagine they brought a tank of their water or loads of bottles by plane. Liquids aren't even allowed in a plane, are they? :p

Vega
03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
I found the article i mentioned above, it was before the World Championships in Zagreb 2007..
Its mentioned that they were 12 male and 12 female players, 10 coaches, a few doctors and interpreters and about 20 officials. Before the championship they did a 1 week preparation in Austria, so they hade to bring materials for about 2 weeks and that where: :D

1500 rubbers (30 pair for each player), 24 2-liter bottles glue and 2000 balls. Apart from that 2 trunks full of snacks and instant noodles.
And further one it sais that they didn't like the taste of the sparkling water in Austria so they brought their own over from China, unfortunately not mentioned how much it was :)
And according to food it's also interesting, during their training camp in Austria they had to eat the local food but during the championship in Zagreb the whole time they got chinese food delivered to the playing venue, paid by the chinese sponsors.

ttmedari
03-20-2012, 08:55 AM
thank you :)

Michal_Z
03-20-2012, 09:04 AM
I found the article i mentioned above, it was before the World Championships in Zagreb 2007..
Its mentioned that they were 12 male and 12 female players, 10 coaches, a few doctors and interpreters and about 20 officials. Before the championship they did a 1 week preparation in Austria, so they hade to bring materials for about 2 weeks and that where: :D

1500 rubbers (30 pair for each player), 24 2-liter bottles glue and 2000 balls. Apart from that 2 trunks full of snacks and instant noodles.
And further one it sais that they didn't like the taste of the sparkling water in Austria so they brought their own over from China, unfortunately not mentioned how much it was :)
And according to food it's also interesting, during their training camp in Austria they had to eat the local food but during the championship in Zagreb the whole time they got chinese food delivered to the playing venue, paid by the chinese sponsors.

That is just excessive ..
Snobbish..
Really.. loll.. I dont like it..

Michal_Z
03-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Anyways, watching those photos I must say.. I realise..
I really hate that chinese national team.. I like some players, in fact, if I was not engaged, I would probably propose to Liu Shiwen :D ..
But in total, I hate chinese national team!
Because they are so good that it feels like unfair to other countries!
And also these manners of them .. Like they were more than human.. reminds me politics, that think the same probably and that makes me mad..
Yuck I think I need to change the angle of view :(

ttEDGE - William
03-20-2012, 09:09 AM
I had Chen Weixing ask Liu Giuliang for me if it was ok that I filmed some of their training. He said no so no footage sorry guys. Have to respect the other guest's wishes here even if I think it's pretty silly.

Matt Hetherington
03-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Bummer oh well was worth a shot :)

nabilatouni
03-20-2012, 09:49 AM

OMG that's insane... You can buy instant noodles everywhere now, it's all the same lol
Yeah WiWa that's a good point, but I guess that you're allowed to bring a certain amount of liquids, there's a limit!

You're welcome ttmedari ;)

ttEDGE - William
03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
I had Chen Weixing ask Liu Giuliang for me if it was ok that I filmed some of their training. He said no so no footage sorry guys. Have to respect the other guest's wishes here even if I think it's pretty silly.

So I sat around watching for a while and Leo (Austrian Chinese) comes up and says 'we had a chat and it's no problem at all to film'. So I got some footage. Leaving for Germany today but I'll try to piece something together soon. I've noticed in general that the Chinese team is on a charm/pr offensive this time. Generally nicer to everyone around them, saying hello, more sessions with players from other countries etc.

Matt Hetherington
03-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Wow sounds great. Best of luck in Dortmund William :)

WiWa
03-20-2012, 01:59 PM
So I sat around watching for a while and Leo (Austrian Chinese) comes up and says 'we had a chat and it's no problem at all to film'. So I got some footage. Leaving for Germany today but I'll try to piece something together soon. I've noticed in general that the Chinese team is on a charm/pr offensive this time. Generally nicer to everyone around them, saying hello, more sessions with players from other countries etc.

That is great news :D China opening up for the rest of the world will only improve global table tennis. The must have so much more knowledge about the sport than all other countries together, can't really keep that all for themselves can they :p

Michal_Z
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Nooo, they cant.. This time their wall will not help, lol

WiWa
03-20-2012, 02:08 PM
According to the first photo in the thread, we should watch Wang Hao. His golden shoes are back!!! ;)

TableTennisDaily
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Latest photo :)

Chinese National team coaches and players playing poker in their spare time to build team work and cohesion

dici
03-20-2012, 06:56 PM

Chinese National team coaches and players playing card games in their spare time.

why there is no cash on the table? >.>

dici
03-20-2012, 07:00 PM
OMG that's insane... You can buy instant noodles everywhere now, it's all the same lol
Yeah WiWa that's a good point, but I guess that you're allowed to bring a certain amount of liquids, there's a limit!

You're welcome ttmedari ;)

the instant noodle from different brand are all different lol... even for the same brand but sold in different countries. But as if you recall samsonov, timo also can't get used to the food in china during the old days they play in CTTSL. It just the same for everyone, and I know some ppl is always refuse to eat any particular food at all

TableTennisDaily
03-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Day 3 - Training at WSA

sxTT
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM

Chinese National team coaches and players playing poker in their spare time to build team work and cohesion

is that kong linghui beside LSW?

Der_Echte
03-21-2012, 02:33 PM
That is just excessive ..
Snobbish..
Really.. loll.. I dont like it..

I dunno Michal, if I waz Asian, which I am not, BUT have lived with them for 25 adult years, I would not fault them for trying to get food of their culture. Get it for free, AND delivered, even better. I can tell you that ethnic Koreans will have spaz ****-fits if they cannot get any Kimchi and side dishes. They can get by on Shin Ramen for a bit, but take away their Kimchi, and you just declared World War IV. The would skip over WW III and go take the fight to you in WW IV. :)

nabilatouni
03-21-2012, 10:27 PM
is that kong linghui beside LSW?

Yeah that's him :) Thank you for these pics!

nabilatouni
03-21-2012, 10:46 PM
New pics from day 4:

TableTennisDaily
03-21-2012, 11:42 PM
More from day 4:

yurybarquero
03-22-2012, 04:52 AM
William I hope you find some time soon to upload the footage you have and it would make it way better if it had some of your analysis...:rolleyes:

sxTT
03-22-2012, 08:22 AM
New pics from day 4:

hey can i ask what is the name of the coach talking to Wang hao?

nabilatouni
03-22-2012, 10:52 AM

This is Wu Jingping! He's Wang Hao and Ma Lins coach.

jedimasterplk
03-22-2012, 11:34 AM
So he is the pen holders coach?) I was not aware the diff team members have diff or individual coaches....

WiWa
03-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Here's a fun fact I read on tabletennista: Timo Boll is the only non-Chinese player who has beaten all five team members of the Chinese team in this years WTTTC at least once in the past years.

Dan
03-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Here's a fun fact I read on tabletennista: Timo Boll is the only non-Chinese player who has beaten all five team members of the Chinese team in this years WTTTC at least once in the past years.

Awesome stat! Thanks WiWa! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

sxTT
03-22-2012, 03:20 PM

do you happen to know the name of Ma Longs' coach? and im curious where does LGL step in as their coach if they have all their own personal coaches?

TableTennisDaily
03-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Here's the Chinese National Team leaving for the Werner Schlager Academy in preparation for the World Team Championships. The team were stopped by the press :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR5SsqdA3zA

If any Chinese - English translators are here, please if you can translate for us :)

Steven
03-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Haha I wonder what Zhang said at 0:30.

ruiyu2000
03-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Haha I wonder what Zhang said at 0:30.

这你也录? You're recording this too?

ttEDGE - William
03-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Latest video diary. Some footage of the Chinese training in Vienna. By the way all video diary videos are going to this new youtube channel so please subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HClWMzi3hb0&feature=context&context=C402adceADvjVQa1PpcFMvhzLZLN6JdxEAMc7zAtez jeNMS402XMg=

TableTennisDaily
03-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Awesome Awesome video William!! :)

We also have Xu Xin on multi ball (Part 1)! The videos are finally coming in! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wME1XNqbmbk

nabilatouni
03-22-2012, 11:58 PM

haha thanks, good fact WiWa.
Thank you guys for the training videos, awesome :)

TableTennisDaily
03-23-2012, 12:22 AM
haha thanks, good fact WiWa.
Thank you guys for the training videos, awesome :)

No worries Nabila! :)

TableTennisDaily
03-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Here is Wang Hao and Chen Qi!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIXRlIbUecM

gosujohann
03-23-2012, 12:49 AM
chen qi imitating reverse serve and bh opening loop of boll?

Ant Kent
03-23-2012, 02:00 AM
Videos of the chinese training just incredible and alot of tips have been taken on board :)

WiWa
03-23-2012, 10:31 AM
I was always taught not to sit on tables and not to place bottles of water on the table...

dici
03-23-2012, 11:55 AM
I was always taught not to sit on tables and not to place bottles of water on the table...

Yea. unless that is a good quality table, then it is fine. What I found is that the strength of those table leg, for the lower price one, are just horrible.

btw, williams, before you did say that LGL say no footage. But they allow it during the last day?

nabilatouni
03-23-2012, 03:39 PM
I found new photos of the team in Dortmund :D

UsakoKirei
03-23-2012, 06:23 PM
amazing! thx a lot!

TableTennisDaily
03-23-2012, 08:48 PM
China are so prepared for the WTTTC 2012!

Thanks for the photos Nabila and thanks to Stiga for the photo below :)

Below is part 2 of Xu Xin on multi ball in the Werner Schlager Academy

https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/images/chinawtttcday4.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvwBCYfF1oQ

TTTT
03-23-2012, 08:54 PM

The Chinese have adapted to Austrian customs ;)

bhaveshdduke@gmail.com
03-24-2012, 07:11 AM
nice videos and photos...........keep going

judah000
03-24-2012, 12:35 PM
was Chen Qi doing a Zhang Jike serve LOL

azlan
03-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Lots of thanx to Darius for the videos and TTD for posting them. I noticed how quick Wang Hao hustled a few steps to the back after a push against Chen Qi. Nice tip for the youngsters out there.

cmetsbeltran15
03-24-2012, 05:11 PM

i'd let the chinese national team sit on my table anytime :cool:

azlan
03-24-2012, 05:58 PM

And autograph the table with a big fat permanent marker:)

nightwolf34
03-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Good luck to Australian national team specially to william henzell

nabilatouni
03-25-2012, 02:34 AM

hahaha yeah and you take the table with you after xD

New pics of the team training :)

Tek101
03-25-2012, 08:09 AM
I dunno Michal, if I waz Asian, which I am not, BUT have lived with them for 25 adult years, I would not fault them for trying to get food of their culture. Get it for free, AND delivered, even better. I can tell you that ethnic Koreans will have spaz ****-fits if they cannot get any Kimchi and side dishes. They can get by on Shin Ramen for a bit, but take away their Kimchi, and you just declared World War IV. The would skip over WW III and go take the fight to you in WW IV. :)

This made me laugh. Kimichi is amazing though..... and I should eat it more