Kenta Matsudaira's serve in slow motion!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Hi guys!

matsudaira_24_02_12.jpg

Surfing through youtube, I found a really interesting video showing Kenta's serve... it's a great footage!

This user has no status.
Good serves, but the downside is that you have to bend your knees like crazy, I call them the "Youngster services", because you´ll never see a 30 years old guy doing it more than once xD

True, you have to bend your knees in order to get much spin in the serve. I used to use it but after some time I felt uncomfortable with it. In my opinion you cannot practice this serve very often because you will have knee problems then.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Good serves, but the downside is that you have to bend your knees like crazy, I call them the "Youngster services", because you´ll never see a 30 years old guy doing it more than once xD

You'd think so :p But I've seen many 40+ players serving tomahawk or something with crazy bend knees haha. Although it didn't go as fast as the Japanese guys do it of course :) They need strong legs for just their serves indeed xD

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011

Not true... I was playing with my colleague, 65 this yr and he will bend down his knees and do that "Youngster serve" every single time...