Why does Nittaku make their own version?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
JTTA requires the JTTAA stamp on blades and rubbers for all its local competitions. No stamp, no play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Nittaku waldner is proably because Tranås in Sweden make Yasaka, donic and nittaku blades.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Nittaku and DHS have had these kinds of agreements for a very long time (at least 20 years), and for a variety of products. It's DHS stuff, Nittaku sells it under their own name. I never used any of it (except balls occasionally, even in ceulloid era). It did seem like the ones with Nittaku labels had higher standards.

I didn't know why before, but Zeio's comment explains it.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Correction. Decided to look up the rules after over a decade. For whatever reason, JTTA doesn't make their official handbook available online, even in this day and age.

In 2006, JTTA relaxed the "J.T.T.A.A." requirement for rubbers. All I.T.T.F. approved rubbers on the LARC could be used in domestic tournaments, even if they don't have the "J.T.T.A.A" designation.

The requirement remains for blades. All blades used in domestic tournaments must bear the "J.T.T.A.A." designation.

http://hiroshima-shitaku.com/news/91.html
③ラバーについて(平成18年4月1日改定・実施)
2.2.1.4.3.5 ラバーには、JTTAが公認したことを示すJ.T.T.A.A.またはITTFが公認したことを示すロゴがなければならない。
解説:J.T.T.A.A. のマークがなくてもITTFが公認しているラバーは、審判長の許可なしで使用できるようになった。

http://www.jtta.or.jp/athlete/tabid/257/Default.aspx#item
Q11: ラケットを自作しました。
公式の大会で使用するには J.T.T.A.A.の刻印がないと使えないと聞きました。公式の大会で使うことができるでしょうか?

A: 日本卓球ルールのもとで行われる大会で使用することはできません。
J.T.T.A.A. の刻印は日本卓球協会が審査を行い公認済みであることを示しています。
日本卓球協会は個人からの申請には公認を与えていません。

Nittaku and DHS have had these kinds of agreements for a very long time (at least 20 years), and for a variety of products. It's DHS stuff, Nittaku sells it under their own name. I never used any of it (except balls occasionally, even in ceulloid era). It did seem like the ones with Nittaku labels had higher standards.

I didn't know why before, but Zeio's comment explains it.

I still remember the Nittaku PF4. It was a very durable rubber at that time.