DHS Hurrican Wang

xGG

This user has no status.

xGG

This user has no status.
Mar 2012
HI Guys. I just bought this wang li qin paddle on the Chinese taobao website (like eBay) a few month ago. Its the Hurricane Wang blade with hurricane III and hurricane II rubbers. Why are the rubbers as hard as bricks? they bounce very well but seems like i couldn't get any controls on them. It is very hard to press down against it using my finger. When i hit the ball with it, it makes this very crispy sound, almost like if you were hitting it with a wooden paddle. Is this normal? I'm very noobie on TT equipment, so please give advises.
THANK!

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
You need loads power to get anything out of them mate. Otherwise, they're very docile and pedestrian like. Imagine driving a Ferrari..if you're afraid to go over 100mph, what's the point:) To get the most out of the car, you need to press the accelerator, same as the the Hurricanes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Typically Chinese rubbers are harder, but you are supposed to boost them to soften them up. Bio Booster and some other oils work and don't produce VOC's to hinder your tournaments. I have my dealer guy with H3 and TG3 boost it for me as he's a Professional and sells his rubbers with this as a complimentary service. When you first get the rubber it's hard as a brick, but after the boosting it plays like a breeze.

BTW I may just start helping my buddy order more sheets and sell them off, so if anyone would like to try H3 or TG3 National Blue sponge tournament ready and lives in the U.S. (unless you'd be willing to pay for shipping to other countries) just message me and I'll try and order some rubbers for you the next time he puts in an order. I don't know how much it will cost, but it shouldn't be Tenergy Expensive like others around typically I gather it's between 50-60 USD and for someone who boosts it for you it's a solid deal.

This user has no status.
Typically Chinese rubbers are harder, but you are supposed to boost them to soften them up. Bio Booster and some other oils work and don't produce VOC's to hinder your tournaments. I have my dealer guy with H3 and TG3 boost it for me as he's a Professional and sells his rubbers with this as a complimentary service. When you first get the rubber it's hard as a brick, but after the boosting it plays like a breeze.

BTW I may just start helping my buddy order more sheets and sell them off, so if anyone would like to try H3 or TG3 National Blue sponge tournament ready and lives in the U.S. (unless you'd be willing to pay for shipping to other countries) just message me and I'll try and order some rubbers for you the next time he puts in an order. I don't know how much it will cost, but it shouldn't be Tenergy Expensive like others around typically I gather it's between 50-60 USD and for someone who boosts it for you it's a solid deal.

Nice one Mr. Richard I just hope that the deal isn´t over when I get the money becuase it might take a while right now..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I imagine that it should last for the rest of my career. As I think I'll know him for a long time, but he's also not the only person I know that can get his hands on Provincial and National rubbers so that's also a good thing. However he is the only person I actually have a good rapport with so it shouldn't be a problem for you Yurybarquero.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
okay thanks guys! I guess i just need to really get used to it :)

Yes, but Mr RicharD is right, you also need to boost it. The rubber plays much better boosted. There are a few threads on boosting. Search for them. Read up on what to do. Then boost them. If you do this you will be glad that you did.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Oh and btw I just wanted to add that I have a barely used sheet of H3 National Blue sponge. It's been boosted and plays well, but has only had about 1-2 hours of practice put into it. It was precut already, but I imagine it will fit nicely on any blade. A friend gave it to me knowing I like H3, but I don't need it as I already have a sheet I'm using on top of a sheet of TG3 that I just bought brand new from my dealer.

And if Dan sees this I know I have to ship off that sheet to you, but I have been busy at work sorry for the delay I'll try and ship it off this weekend.

This user has no status.
Oh and btw I just wanted to add that I have a barely used sheet of H3 National Blue sponge. It's been boosted and plays well, but has only had about 1-2 hours of practice put into it. It was precut already, but I imagine it will fit nicely on any blade. A friend gave it to me knowing I like H3, but I don't need it as I already have a sheet I'm using on top of a sheet of TG3 that I just bought brand new from my dealer.

And if Dan sees this I know I have to ship off that sheet to you, but I have been busy at work sorry for the delay I'll try and ship it off this weekend.

Who was this message for???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The message was to Dan because I have a sheet I promised him and for the community that I am selling a barely used sheet for $35-45 USD plus shipping (outside of the U.S.) Shouldn't be too hard to get this sheet sold I would think. It's National Blue Sponge Hurricane 3 Neo. It's normally sold anywhere from $60-120 I get decent discounts on the rubber as I know a dealer personally and would like to sell this sheet for a fair price.

Message me if you are looking for a sheet.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
... and for the community that I am selling a barely used sheet for $35-45 USD plus shipping (outside of the U.S.) Shouldn't be too hard to get this sheet sold I would think. It's National Blue Sponge Hurricane 3 Neo. It's normally sold anywhere from $60-120 I get decent discounts on the rubber as I know a dealer personally and would like to sell this sheet for a fair price...

Sorry, but $35-$45 USD for a sheet that has been cut for a racket different than the one that the buyer would put the sheet on. Forgive me if I missed something. I guess I am used to people giving me used sheets when they are done with them. But who would pay $35.00 USD for something that has already been cut and glued on to someone else's racket? I would just assume use a brand new sheet of Hurricane III NEO with the normal sponge for $30.00 and cut the sheet onto my racket myself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Hi xGG.

I've just boosted my Hurricanes and they don't have that crispy sound that normal Hurricanes have. Just started to play with Hurricane 3 as recent as yesterday and boy they are awesome when they're boosted. But with that said you really have to work to get the potential out out it. When topspinning you have to put all your body into the ball, unlike my Tenergy 05. Just keep working mate :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Wow carl you've obviously not used H3 Blue sponge then. And kindly please stop harassing my threads it's unnecessary and just leads to unwanted arguments. I know loads of people who give sheets away for free, but I know even more who sell used sheets of Tenergy, Calibra, Hexer, you name it and sell it for less than they bought it. I've already sold sheets for the same price and they've been used far more than the one I'm currently selling. I've already explained myself in my other thread, but no need to start a negative convo here. This isn't the place for that kind of atmosphere.

Dimensions are: 156-157 mm long x 151-152 mm wide. The boost effect is wearing off however so I can always reboost which should expand it roughly 2-3 mm in length. Or if you have your own booster shouldn't be a problem either.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
HI Guys. I just bought this wang li qin paddle on the Chinese taobao website (like eBay) a few month ago. Its the Hurricane Wang blade with hurricane III and hurricane II rubbers. Why are the rubbers as hard as bricks? they bounce very well but seems like i couldn't get any controls on them. It is very hard to press down against it using my finger. When i hit the ball with it, it makes this very crispy sound, almost like if you were hitting it with a wooden paddle. Is this normal? I'm very noobie on TT equipment, so please give advises.
THANK!

In my personal playing experience on DHS Hurricane Wang. There has some lighter ones as follow in english version of DHS official Tmall flagship Store:
1. More heavy Hurricane Wang blades series, about 85g.
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=4421849371&
www.buychina.com/products/4421849371

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=4421816335&
http://www.buychina.com/products/4421816335

2. lighter Hurricane series (also cheaper). about 85-93g.
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=4417882095&
http://www.buychina.com/products/4417882095

htt://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=4417848851&
http://www.buychina.com/products/4417848851

http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=4417650481&
http://www.buychina.com/products/4417650481

Hope it can help you timely.

and I am very interested in DHS Hurricane series blades. and now i am using.

Last edited: