Replacement for Dignics09c?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
So I've played with Dignics 09C for almost a year now, they are amazing rubbers but I feel like I need to replace them every 2-3 months and my only issue with them is the price. What other similar rubbers would there be to test to see if I like them? Prefer rubbers around the 35-40 euro mark.

Understand it probably will be impossible to find something perfect but I feel maybe a worn out dignics09c is worse than a newer cheaper rubber?

I've used Rakza Z extra hard recently which I quite like but maybe a bit to hard and it's very heavy compared to dignics 09c which I didn't like.
Other rubbers I've used are MX-P and T05 of course but I don't really like the extra speed you get from these. I much prefer rubbers similar to dignics 09c or harder ones where you need to put a lot of force in to the hits to get the speed. While you can keep short returns a lot easier as they don't springe away like with MX-P or T05.

Also used EL-S a few years ago which I prefered over MX-P for example, as they required some more force to get the power from them. But I felt like they weren't spinny enough maybe.

Anyone has any ideas on similar rubbers? How are the Donic bluegrip for example?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
If Rakza Z EH is too hard then Rakza Z standard is an obvious choice 😎
If you replace rubber regularly and you are not very picky then tons of choices. As long as they are hybrid (semi tacky semi bouncy), you can just try each every 2 months 😎 Read the hardness number before you buy so you know what degree is preferable for you.

Yasaka Rakza Z
Donic Bluegrip C1/C2
Nittaku Sieger PK50
Tibhar Hybrid K1/Ketc
Victas VJC07 Sticky
Joola Golden Tango /PS

Xiom is cheaper than Butterfly but generally more expensive than these ESNs.

This user has no status.
D09C are great rubbers, and quite durable.

If you want something similar but cheaper, I suggest:

Youngshine Dingtian, blue sponge
H3 blue sponge

Take a soft sponge, like 38 (if you can find it) or 39.
They are still harder, tackier, and less dynamic, but cheaper and longer lasting (particularly the YS DT, on both aspects)

Reactions: latej
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
For your FH, even a commercial sheet of H3 Neo 38-40 (~17€) could do the trick. If it doesn't quite, boosting it should do (you can later upgrade to Provincial, National, blue sponge...). Also Yasaka Shining/Rising Dragon, Joola Golden Tango PS, maybe DHS H3-50.

For your BH, either DHS H3-50, a regular boosted H3 37, regular Rakza Z (non-Extra Hard), Yasaka Shining/Rising Dragon or Joola Golden Tango PS. Even Rakza 7 might do.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Rakza Z EH is lighter than D09c and also a bit softer. D09C is like 56 to 58 degrees esn while RZ EH is 53 to 55.
​​

That can't be true, I've used both and even tried one side Rakza Z EH and one dignics 09c. The Rakza Z EH side felt a lot heavier and the rubber feels harder as well.

Might look in to the new Tibhar rubbers when they come out or try bluegrip C2 or maybe Victas.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

That can't be true, I've used both and even tried one side Rakza Z EH and one dignics 09c. The Rakza Z EH side felt a lot heavier and the rubber feels harder as well.

Might look in to the new Tibhar rubbers when they come out or try bluegrip C2 or maybe Victas.

You can try some Tibhars, some Donics, and some Victi, or you can get yourself another sheet of Butterfly and know you'll like it.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I am using 09c on my bh with timo boll alc. I think Sanwei Target National is more similar than other rubbers

Last edited:

I had both and weighed them. D09C IS HEAVIER.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

Just in (the improbable) case you didn't read it yet:

https://blog.tabletennis11.com/four-new-hard-sponged-rubbers

C1/C2 are pretty good rubbers, imo. This metallic feeling - good observation/expression - is there indeed. The C1 is slower on slow balls, but faster on fast balls (than C2). Spin is quite good. Bounce test, when covered with very thin plastic (the one the rubbers are delivered within) - faster than H3 (moderately boosted, also covered). The durability is not exceptional, the top-sheet looses the semi-tackiness rel. quickly. Still I'd use them, if H3+booster didn't exist.