Melted and cracked rubber!?? + Need purchase advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I had this racket for like 4-5 years but I stopped playing due to studies and not getting enough time, now as my highschool is coming to an end I will start playing again.

This is a butterfly A.MAZUNOV-FL paddle and xiaom Asia rubber, I don't know much about it as I am fairly mediocre player (played 2 years, casually), and also as it was gifted to me by someone who didn't played anymore, so didn't have a choice there as my old one was a pre-made gki something which was crap compared to this. But guess now this is crap too.

P​​​​​​ics of the rubber The huge dark area on the red rubber is sort of melted as it's sinked and also brittle and has cracks(not visible in the pic), also don't mind the slash on the rubber, its me in the early days whacking the table 😅, and the messed up looking part on the black rubber is mushy, sorry I didn't get the pic right.

I know the fact that this can't be fixed, just wanted to know what exactly happened, when I was playing, it had some mushy part around the bottom, and I didn't pay any attention to it. Later I stored it in the hard case, and was not exposed to sunlight, humidity is also very less in my area, becomes moderate in the rain, and was kept in my closet for 2 years.

Also, please suggest some rubbers to buy, my budget is around 30$ even less would be preferable, and I live in India, mentioned that because some popular cheap rubbers mentioned in this forum were not cheap at all let alone to be found, major brands are available here.
Thankyou in advance.
Edit: Also I can't post links to the pic, so I guess just imagine??😅
Edit2: forgot to mention, budget is 30$ in total, both forehand and backhand rubber, I'm not rich enough to play 30$ for single side

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I had this racket for like 4-5 years but I stopped playing due to studies and not getting enough time, now as my highschool is coming to an end I will start playing again.This is a butterfly A.MAZUNOV-FL paddle and xiaom Asia rubber, I don't know much about it as I am fairly mediocre player (played 2 years, casually), and also as it was gifted to me by someone who didn't played anymore, so didn't have a choice there as my old one was a pre-made gki something which was crap compared to this. But guess now this is crap too.P​​​​​​ics of the rubber The huge dark area on the red rubber is sort of melted as it's sinked and also brittle and has cracks(not visible in the pic), also don't mind the slash on the rubber, its me in the early days whacking the table 😅, and the messed up looking part on the black rubber is mushy, sorry I didn't get the pic right.I know the fact that this can't be fixed, just wanted to know what exactly happened, when I was playing, it had some mushy part around the bottom, and I didn't pay any attention to it. Later I stored it in the hard case, and was not exposed to sunlight, humidity is also very less in my area, becomes moderate in the rain, and was kept in my closet for 2 years.Also, please suggest some rubbers to buy, my budget is around 30$ even less would be preferable, and I live in India, mentioned that because some popular cheap rubbers mentioned in this forum were not cheap at all let alone to be found, major brands are available here.Thankyou in advance.Edit: Also I can't post links to the pic, so I guess just imagine??😅Edit2: forgot to mention, budget is 30$ in total, both forehand and backhand rubber, I'm not rich enough to play 30$ for single side
Hi there,

Your rubbers got damaged just from sitting there, most likely due to heat, moisture and humidity.

Great cheap rubbers to replace them with would be Palio AK47 Blue (~$13 each).
http://www.princett.com/EN/USD/product/Palio-AK47-Pimples-in-Rubber-Blue-ver-H38-40-282.html

LKT/KTL Rapid Speed, Dawei 2008 Super Power XP and Friendship 729 Super FX are also pretty good.

Cheers and have fun playing!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
Hi there,

Your rubbers got damaged just from sitting there, most likely due to heat, moisture and humidity.

Great cheap rubbers to replace them with would be Palio AK47 Blue (~$13 each).

LKT/KTL Rapid Speed, Dawei 2008 Super Power XP and Friendship 729 Super FX are also pretty good.

Cheers and have fun playing!

Hello thomas,

hmm, yeah it gets pretty hot here during summer, i guess that's why.

About the rubbers you mentioned, the Palio AK47 Blue is like twice the price here, and comes in the range of Yasaka Mark V , and the rest of them you mentioned aren't available here, I'll list some of the ones in my budget and which are available, can you please arrange them in order of your prefrence,

[h2]TIBHAR Legend[/h2]also comes with 3 balls (lol)16.55$
[h2]Donic Twingo Plus[/h2]13.79
Donic Liga13
Yasaka Mark V
(herd lot of good things but over the budget)
[h1]GKI Euro-XX[/h1]17.93
[h1]GKI Euro Spintech[/h1]19
YINHE OWS Mercury II11
[tbody] [/tbody]

I have a lot of old Xiom rubbers, on blades and just sheets, 1,2,3,4 years old, Omega V Asia, Omega V Tour, Omega 7 Asia, all in good condition.
And many times more of my discarded Xiom rubbers are vivid and functional on the blades of our club youngsters, they are happy with them.

What have happened to your rubbers is caused by storage problems and/or some kind of chemical event, caused by something in the closed hard box, either because of the box, or the glue, used to glue the rubbers to the blade.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

Hello thomas,

hmm, yeah it gets pretty hot here during summer, i guess that's why.

About the rubbers you mentioned, the Palio AK47 Blue is like twice the price here, and comes in the range of Yasaka Mark V , and the rest of them you mentioned aren't available here, I'll list some of the ones in my budget and which are available, can you please arrange them in order of your prefrence,

You can order the Palio AK47 Blue from that site I linked to, they ship to India.

Otherwise, the only rubbers I would recommend from your list are the Yasaka Mark V. All the others listed are not very good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2021
I have a lot of old Xiom rubbers, on blades and just sheets, 1,2,3,4 years old, Omega V Asia, Omega V Tour, Omega 7 Asia, all in good condition.
And many times more of my discarded Xiom rubbers are vivid and functional on the blades of our club youngsters, they are happy with them.

What have happened to your rubbers is caused by storage problems and/or some kind of chemical event, caused by something in the closed hard box, either because of the box, or the glue, used to glue the rubbers to the blade.

i dont think so that its caused by the glue, its deteriorating from outside

imgur(dot)com/EZtAg8K.jpg

here is the pic

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

About the ak47 blue,

Customs in our country is a bit odd, the pricing is good on their site, but should I trust them?, I mean have you bought from them?

Yes, and many people on the forum have as well.

You could contact the store first about customs before you decide to purchase or not. I'm sure they've shipped to India before and probably know what's up.

Reactions: Shanta1111