Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey everyone!

I have been meaning to setup a topic to explain what was going on but had so much to do this morning since the server has been reconnected. Giang is correct, so basically there was a fire in the server data center which forced all servers to turn off. They have been turning on all servers slowly since and luckily ours is back up and running since this morning.

Please let me know if you find any problems.

Thanks guys 🏓
Easter was about camp fire near server stations....🤦*♂️

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Hey everyone!

I have been meaning to setup a topic to explain what was going on but had so much to do this morning since the server has been reconnected. Giang is correct, so basically there was a fire in the server data center which forced all servers to turn off. They have been turning on all servers slowly since and luckily ours is back up and running since this morning.

Thanks guys 🏓

For some reasons I can access (obviously :)) the forum (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/) but browsing to https://www.tabletennisdaily.com directly results in an error message from Cloudflare (Error 522 Ray ID: 63c3a78028759c5d • 2021-04-07 13:38:05 UTC Connection timed out www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk host error)

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020

For some reasons I can access (obviously :)) the forum (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/) but browsing to https://www.tabletennisdaily.com directly results in an error message from Cloudflare (Error 522 Ray ID: 63c3a78028759c5d • 2021-04-07 13:38:05 UTC Connection timed out www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk host error)

I guess Dan has set priorities probably because TTD's hosting company couldn't fully recover all the TTD's datas: the Academy was the 1st segment of TTD being accessible since yesterday, and that's totally understandable since some people have paid a subscription, ad also because it's what makes Dan's and his team a living.

Reactions: ttarc
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2020
Hey everyone!

Thanks guys 🏓

Yeah Yogi told me that... seems that the OVH story is repeated again, the covid lockdowns all over the world are stressing the internets, here in France school students can't all have access to the national website in charge of home schooling/distance teaching, the CNED ( Centre National d'Education à Distance translation: distance teaching national centre). People are getting crazy here since Aztraneca/Oxford serves vaccines to UK first and does not respect its contract with the EU. If you add internets breakages to that, it's a kind of "yellow jackets civil war" that is incubating...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Now would be a good time to consider setting up some sort of geographically separate mirror/backup server or something so a fire won't take it all down.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Music&Ping;343178 said:
I guess Dan has set priorities probably because TTD's hosting company couldn't fully recover all the TTD's datas: the Academy was the 1st segment of TTD being accessible since yesterday, and that's totally understandable since some people have paid a subscription, ad also because it's what makes Dan's and his team a living.

Hey Music&Ping,

Yeah basically the Academy server was on a separate network so we were able to get this back up and running quicker. We also have a different backup process with the Academy so it is much quicker to get back online than TTD. TTD contains TONS of data haha. We're all back now though, phew 😅
Now would be a good time to consider setting up some sort of geographically separate mirror/backup server or something so a fire won't take it all down.

Hey WinaTT,

You're right there. We're currently looking into this but it can get very costly. Looking for a decent solution at the moment.
Good thing TTD is back online!! Dan, the info and posts here are priceless. Do you have a back up?
Hey Yogi, haha yes I missed the info and the posts! Phew we are back online! Most importantly I'm glad you're doing well now brother! Stay strong and keep up the great content, loving the posts!

• Love
Reactions: ttarc and yogi_bear