Table Tennis Project (Ping Out)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Ping Out is an outdoor table-tennis project based on the idea of bringing social togetherness, activity, sustainability, design and art into the urban space. The table adds a new dimension to the outdoor life in the city's streets and parks -exercise, competition and an aesthetic experience.

The lines marking the sides, backline and middle of the table have been replaced by the works of local artists painted directly on the surface. The artist's role is to give each table a characteristic expression which acts as an artistic link to the neighborhood. As such, the decoration of the table is an integral part of the design, and the net is aligned with the edge of the table in order to permit passage and play along the sides.

The table is placed with a crane, and due to the weight of 700 kg is theft secured and stable, ready to be put into service without a foundation. The choice of steel makes Ping Out durable for many years with zero maintenance, and the material goes hand in hand with the Danish tradition of shipbuilding at Odense Steel Shipyard, where the tables are produced.

The team behind Ping Out is table tennis enthusiasts. We met at a social forum and agreed to start the project up because it interests us to get people to be active in the city, meet and play table tennis.
Anders Find the idea man behind the project, which he was inspired by travels to Berlin. Troels Øder Hansen is a furniture designer and has a great fondness for elements in the city and the way to develop them. Taken from http://pingout.net/

What do you think?

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i was gonna go to this when paul drinkhall, darius knight and gavin evans were there all day to play with people then had to go work =(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I like this and think someone should produce a basic technique guide on there somewhere, so that people learn what top and back spin are and how to achieve the correct spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
@ Tek101 - We hope to export the idea to the US in 2011, so if you know anyone interested in a Ping Out-table, please let me know..

All the best

Anders Find, Ping Out - street ping pong

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
andersfind, I think it would be great around public parks in my city. What do I have to do to get one out here?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
@chompiraz: What city do you live in?

And I found a old book with drawn instructions - see below: bordtennis_instruktion_004.jpg

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
@chompiraz: What city do you live in?

Hey thanks for joining the forum!

I hope you like it and are enjoying the content here!

If you click reply with quote on chompiraz and then ask him a question it will reply and display a lot better if you know what i mean :)