PDA

View Full Version : Dhs h8-80

vthoang1986
05-03-2021, 02:55 AM
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/177/21/05/02/Untitled.jpg
I'm currently using DHS FangBO B2X with FH DHS H8 40deg, BH BTY Rozena.
I'm from Vietnam and one of my friend can buy DHS H8-80 from China.
From the name of this rubber, I guess it will be similar to H3-50 or TG3-60 (tacky Chinese topshet with ESN-like sponge)
May be 10-May I will receive this. I order H8-80 37deg red. I wanna try on my BH.
Anybody have information of this product? I cannot find it on DHS website :D
Thanks

Music&Ping
05-03-2021, 05:06 AM
China has launch a brutal attack on the ESN market hahaha "no more euro made sponge on your backhand side you dirty MF !!!".

Joke put aside, I'm happy to see DHS finally expanding its H8's range, many people have desperatly waited for so long to see that ! hope one day they'll be very effective without boostering them, I' guess that's exactly what they're aiming to since Miss Claudia banned some rubbers from companies having some questionable bonds with booster.

AndreDoesTT687
05-03-2021, 05:19 AM
Check @247tabletennis on Instagram. He has a bit of info on Hurricane 8-80 and Hurricane 8 37deg.

AndySmith
05-03-2021, 04:56 PM
Really looking forward to 8-80, big fan of the 50 and 60 sponge hurricanes on a fast blade.

AndySmith
05-04-2021, 07:07 PM
Available to order from prott now:

https://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=H880

vik2000
05-04-2021, 08:30 PM
Interesting... Looking forward to more reviews.

tt_beginner
05-05-2021, 03:43 PM
wow that price is very competitive

Music&Ping
05-05-2021, 03:57 PM
The 38° seems to be VERY porous ...
https://media.karousell.com/media/photos/products/2021/4/8/dhs_provincial_hurricane_8_80__1617855598_f405d124_progressive.jpg

gekogark1212
05-08-2021, 02:06 AM
It will be interesting to see if the 38 degree version will be close to H3-50's characteristics at 37 degrees with the added firmness that it lacks.

Bram Vroonland
06-01-2021, 04:59 PM
Has anyone played this one yet?

IB66
06-01-2021, 08:22 PM
Ordered, awaiting delivery, likely weeks away though!!!

yogi_bear
06-01-2021, 08:37 PM
Ordered, awaiting delivery, likely weeks away though!!!
Waiting for the 37 or 38 degrees too. I satisfied with h3 37 for both sides now but just curious with this.

IB66
06-02-2021, 04:43 AM
Ordered 2 sheets 37/38 degree as well !!!, I liked H8 hard/mid hard, wasn’t so keen on H3-50, hopefully the H8-80 will be good!!!

vthoang1986
06-09-2021, 08:14 AM
So sad due to the Covid-19, I haven't get my sheet yet.And in my area, all the club have been stopped.Anybody tried and have some review/video?

AndySmith
06-09-2021, 01:27 PM
I've had a couple of sessions with the 37 degree now. Really like it, similar to H3-50 but feels a bit faster and can generate nasty spin/arc variations. But it's not revolutionary - if you don't like the existing 50 or 60 sponge DHS rubbers then it probably won't change your mind.

Bram Vroonland
06-10-2021, 10:07 AM
I've had a couple of sessions with the 37 degree now. Really like it, similar to H3-50 but feels a bit faster and can generate nasty spin/arc variations. But it's not revolutionary - if you don't like the existing 50 or 60 sponge DHS rubbers then it probably won't change your mind.
How did it perform in terms of mid distance BH topspin and BH flicks?

yogi_bear
06-10-2021, 10:28 AM
I heard from a distributor that ordered from DHS that these rubbers are running out of stock due to heavy demand including the h3 37.

IB66
06-10-2021, 12:28 PM
I heard from a distributor that ordered from DHS that these rubbers are running out of stock due to heavy demand including the h3 37.
Tracked my order yesterday, looks like they should land in UK today or tomorrow!! not long to wait hopefully!!

AndySmith
06-10-2021, 01:57 PM
yogi_bear;346772I heard from a distributor that ordered from DHS that these rubbers are running out of stock due to heavy demand including the h3 37.
Yeah, it's gone oos on a few sites already. I put an order in for a sheet of 38 to see how different it was, but not heard from the seller yet. Guess they're waiting for stock.

Bram Vroonland;346770How did it perform in terms of mid distance BH topspin and BH flicks?
I like hybrids of all kinds for close-up stuff, and I think it's great for flicks. It's OK for mid-distance, bit faster than H3-50, but requires more effort when compared to eurojap. I've got it on a Sanwei Fextra, which is fairly fast, and it's useable for me but I wouldn't want it on anything much slower unless I was going to camp out at the table and never move back.

What I like about it in comparison to regular H8 is that it's easier to get the ball moving, more low-end catapult, so it forgives the occasional lazy stroke with less wrist action, and is top bananas when over the table. But it's the usual story - high gears aren't as powerful so mid-distance looping will be safe but lack threat,

Bram Vroonland
06-11-2021, 06:14 AM
So I'd orderd one which arrived 2 weeks ago already. Boosted it with three layers of Falco long. I was scared I overdid it but the sponge didn't react as strongly as the regular H8 for the forehand side did. Only the corners of the rubber pulled in a little. I put both on a HL5 blade and I have to say my play didn't lose quality coming from a Harimoto ALC with Dignics 05 as a BH rubber. All the offensive strokes were there and felt safe and with enough pace. As a BH oriented player I was always scared to try a tacky rubber on there, but the added control kept me in the game. Hitting winning topspins over at and away from the table was very easy... I like the 8-80 a lot.Â

gekogark1212
06-13-2021, 07:51 AM
So I'd orderd one which arrived 2 weeks ago already. Boosted it with three layers of Falco long. I was scared I overdid it but the sponge didn't react as strongly as the regular H8 for the forehand side did. Only the corners of the rubber pulled in a little. I put both on a HL5 blade and I have to say my play didn't lose quality coming from a Harimoto ALC with Dignics 05 as a BH rubber. All the offensive strokes were there and felt safe and with enough pace. As a BH oriented player I was always scared to try a tacky rubber on there, but the added control kept me in the game. Hitting winning topspins over at and away from the table was very easy... I like the 8-80 a lot.Â
Did you get the 37 or the 38?

Chillgurke
06-13-2021, 08:13 AM
Could you please compare the arc to mid-hard Euro/Jap rubbers? Rozena or Tenergy 64/80 would be great. And what about passive game or blocking?

Der_Echte
06-13-2021, 08:47 AM
China has launch a brutal attack on the ESN market hahaha "no more euro made sponge on your backhand side you dirty MF !!!".

Joke put aside, I'm happy to see DHS finally expanding its H8's range, many people have desperatly waited for so long to see that ! hope one day they'll be very effective without boostering them, I' guess that's exactly what they're aiming to since Miss Claudia banned some rubbers from companies having some questionable bonds with booster.
Kinda reminds you of the semi-punk song from...Die Ärzte - Claudia hat nen Schäferhund
https://www.youtube.com/embed/rDEvucnEDBo?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Bram Vroonland
06-14-2021, 11:09 AM
Did you get the 37 or the 38?
 I got the 37

Bram Vroonland
06-14-2021, 11:17 AM
Could you please compare the arc to mid-hard Euro/Jap rubbers? Rozena or Tenergy 64/80 would be great. And what about passive game or blocking?
 I have a strong swing on my BH side so European rubbers will give me a great result when I hit it perfectly. Once my timing or swing is off they can overshoot or land in the net due to the non linear character of these rubbers. The grip of the 8-80 and its linear sponge solved this issue for me. So no lightning speed, although very decent it doesn't compare to a Rasanter or Tenergy. It is however very safe and confidence inspiring. I found the arc to be shorter and a little higher than the last Tenergy I tried which was the 19. I played this on a Carbonado 190 though and I landed a lot of flicks in the net. The increased safety, confidence and control reminded me of the Dignics05. Also I very much dislike playing with Tenergy like rubbers for their lack of control in the short game and blocking. With this it is much easier to keep the ball from popping up when pushing. Furthermore the tackiness really helps with blocking. It does soak up a lot of your opponents energy.

IB66
06-19-2021, 09:07 PM
My Sheets of H8-80 arrived today😀!!
Glued them onto a Primorac all wood blade.
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/440/21/06/19/31A02FA6-1543-4413-9179-1E0DE6D87C56.jpeg
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/439/21/06/19/6FFCD2AC-7599-4826-8C16-0B00C2E707C8.jpeg
Red sheet is 37 degree version, 65 grams uncut, 48 grams cut
Black sheet is 38 degree, 72 grams uncut, 51 grams cut.
Sponge is red, it is not totally smooth, it appears to have ‘micro ridges’ photo not the best, but you can make out the ridges if you zoom in, can’t really feel the ridges very small!!
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/347/21/06/19/3D268E58-9DD8-44EA-AD69-89F56E5C5143.jpeg

Both sheets have a tacky feeling top sheet, both held the ball for 2 - 4 seconds, which was shorter than I was expecting considering how tacky they felt. I’ve used H8 hard so I’m expecting the tackiness to wear off somewhat after a week or so, this is when the H8 really started to play well.
Bounce test - both sheets had the same result, 3rd bounce and the ball had ‘stuck’ to the surface. So pretty ‘dead’ feeling.

Didn’t have much time on the table with them this afternoon v robot, but I did get an idea of how they play, bear in mind ‘straight out of the pack’ may play different than a ‘played in’ sheet if they follow what happened with the H8 hard.

Even though the bounce test was pretty dead, for comparison I also used Tau 2 on a Primorac.
Tau 2 has about 6 bounces (it has been played in though) compared to the H8-80’s 3.
when playing FH top spin and loops the H8-80 was only slightly slower and has a lower throw. Spin was similar between Tau 2 and H8-80 pretty high!!
I didn’t really notice much difference between the 37 & 38 degree sponges!!
Tau 2 felt a little softer, but again this could be because it has been played in.
BH and FH flick v backspin and BH and FH loop v backspin took a little getting use to but we’re ok good speed and spin. Tau 2 has a slightly higher throw and felt easier to play with against backspin (but I’m pretty well acquainted with Tau 2)
H8-80 has the low throw sharp drag down loop flight typical of this type of rubber.
Short game play was excellent, serves were very good to.

So initial thoughts are that the H8-80 is a decent rubber, time will see if it improves like the H8 hard did after playing/breaking in.
very good 1st impression !!

IB66
07-05-2021, 11:25 PM
Tonight I played with the H8-80 37/38 degree rubbers, mounted on a Primorac all wood.
Recently I have been using Tau 2 on the same blade.
I found it very easy to swap from the Tau 2 to the H8-80, these rubbers are pretty similar in many respects.

Black 38 degree on FH and Red 37 degree on BH
From memory these rubbers felt softer than the H8 mid hard that I have used previously.
I was able to control the ball well for short game pushes and touch play.
Blocking was good and improved with a more active block, a nice ‘solid’ fast block resulted after I changed to a more active block.

I also adjusted my technique slightly to compensate for the side spin opponents were putting on the ball. I would say that a characteristic of this rubber is that is is a little more ‘spin sensitive’ than Tau 2, but once you compensate correctly then YOU can control the ball better. It’s understanding the rubber!!

Serving was good, high spin with the right technique, opponents put many long, in the net or popped up return balls nicely!!!

Both BH and FH top spins were good, looping was very nice!!
In general I would say H8-80 is a little quicker than its H8 mid-hard brother, similar speed to Tau 2.

in general spin levels are pretty high, as you would expect from a DHS H3 / H3Neo / Skyline 3 etc

I played pretty well tonight and really enjoyed playing with H8-80. I liked the slightly softer feel compared to the usual 39-41 degree DHS’s. I have used H3 Neo provincial 37 degree as well, that had a similar softer feeling too,

Another good rubber from the DHS stable!!!

An0n
07-06-2021, 10:50 AM
Been trying a 37 degree one on my forehand for the last 2 weeks. Have to say this is the first DHS rubber that felt like I didn’t need to boost it. It’s definitely not the fastest rubber but the sponge is a little more dynamic than the H3 series. Comes very close to a boosted H8 soft in terms of feel but just a tad slower. When you engage the sponge it’s plenty fast though, also much easier to smash or flat hit with due it’s softness. Spin is really good, serves too as is expected from a tacky rubber. It’s main advantage over my usual ESN rubbers is that it’s very easy to loop backspin for me, lots of safety in my shots. Serve receive and the short game is fine too, pushes can be really deadly with this rubber. Counter loops are very spinny and have a big dip in their curve but they can be a little slow sometimes.

So the only downside is that my loops don’t always feel fast enough but I have been using my Nittaku Accoustic to test it on so that can probably be fixed by using a slightly faster blade

Think I might give the 38 degree a shot too to see if there’s a big difference but I usually prefer a softer rubber on my fh. So far a big fan of the H8-80.

alas26
07-06-2021, 04:48 PM
Would be cool if someone could directly compare it to skyline 3-60 and maybe a boosted H3 variant.

Intrigued!

Anyone have comments on mid-far table counter looping performance? This is the area where I think S3-60 falls short and boosted H3 shines (especially blue sponge).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bram Vroonland
08-05-2021, 09:13 PM
So I just gotta come back and say that I love this on my backhand. Great offensively but keeps you in the rally a lot longer than a tensor because of it's control and stability.

IB66
08-05-2021, 10:05 PM
I received a 2nd pair of H8-80 37 and 38 degree versions last week.
The 1st pair are on a Primorac all wood, I been using this set up for a while now, really enjoying playing with this set up, I can change between the Tau 2 Primorac / H8-80 set ups very easily.

The latest pair of H8-80 have been glued to a new all wood blade with Hinoki top ply, Played with this tonight for the 1st time, this set up played very well, similar to the Primorac set up, Didn’t directly compare the Primorac v Hinoki, but I just fell straight in with the ‘familiar’ H8-80, no adjustment required for the new blade!!!

H8-80 or Tau2 ???? Very happy with either!!!

mocker88
08-06-2021, 05:44 AM
I received a 2nd pair of H8-80 37 and 38 degree versions last week.
The 1st pair are on a Primorac all wood, I been using this set up for a while now, really enjoying playing with this set up, I can change between the Tau 2 Primorac / H8-80 set ups very easily.

The latest pair of H8-80 have been glued to a new all wood blade with Hinoki top ply, Played with this tonight for the 1st time, this set up played very well, similar to the Primorac set up, Didn’t directly compare the Primorac v Hinoki, but I just fell straight in with the ‘familiar’ H8-80, no adjustment required for the new blade!!!

H8-80 or Tau2 ???? Very happy with either!!!
I play with a boosted H3 41 deg on forehand now. If you have tried this, could you compare to the H8-80? I'm thinking of sponge hardness. Does it feel softer? The TAU II on the other hand is very close to what I like best on my forehand... :)

IB66
08-06-2021, 06:55 AM
I play with a boosted H3 41 deg on forehand now. If you have tried this, could you compare to the H8-80? I'm thinking of sponge hardness. Does it feel softer? The TAU II on the other hand is very close to what I like best on my forehand... :)
If you like the Tau2 (unboosted) on FH, then H8-80 38 degree should fit the bill very nicely!!
I haven't used any boosted H3's recently, and when I did boost it was with 39/40 degree versions, these felt a little softer than the H8-80, possibly a little faster.
H8-80 is closer to a boosted H3 though!!!

mocker88
08-08-2021, 12:55 PM
If you like the Tau2 (unboosted) on FH, then H8-80 38 degree should fit the bill very nicely!!
I haven't used any boosted H3's recently, and when I did boost it was with 39/40 degree versions, these felt a little softer than the H8-80, possibly a little faster.
H8-80 is closer to a boosted H3 though!!!
Great. Thank you :) I'll go for the 38...

IB66
08-08-2021, 02:37 PM
Great. Thank you :) I'll go for the 38...
Yesterday I compared tackiness of H8-80 v Tau2, Tau2 had more tackiness, even though sheet was older. Tau2 may have slightly better bounciness as well.
Switching from one to the other is not an issue, they both play pretty similarly !!!

mocker88
08-08-2021, 04:33 PM
Yesterday I compared tackiness of H8-80 v Tau2, Tau2 had more tackiness, even though sheet was older. Tau2 may have slightly better bounciness as well.
Switching from one to the other is not an issue, they both play pretty similarly !!!
Ok. Well, I'm looking for the kick that I didn't fully got from TAU II. It's there in a boosted H3 41deg, but I'm always keen on trying new stuff in this area of rubbers, so we'll see :)

IB66
08-08-2021, 08:32 PM
Ok. Well, I'm looking for the kick that I didn't fully got from TAU II. It's there in a boosted H3 41deg, but I'm always keen on trying new stuff in this area of rubbers, so we'll see :)
Hopefully you’ll get the DHS kick!!!!!, don’t let the difference in tackiness worry you, the older versions of H8 lost some of their tackiness and then played better as far as I’m concerned!!
For me H8-80 plays better than std H8, plays easier, not quite so much effort needed (as such!!)
I’m hope you like H8-80!,

aerial
08-28-2021, 02:39 AM
I hopped onto a buddy's purchase and got a sheet of h8-80 37 deg. is the general consensus from everyone here who's tried it that it doesn't require boosting? wanted to try to use it on the bh, currently using xiom omega 7 euro

IB66
08-28-2021, 06:53 AM
I hopped onto a buddy's purchase and got a sheet of h8-80 37 deg. is the general consensus from everyone here who's tried it that it doesn't require boosting? wanted to try to use it on the bh, currently using xiom omega 7 euro
Hi,
I’ve been using the 37 degree version on BH for about 6 weeks now, un-boosted, 38 degree on FH.
Personally, I don’t have any issues using it un-boosted, that’s not to say that it doesn’t ‘need’ boosting, some players may still prefer to boost H8-80!!

Stick it on un-boosted, give it a go and if you don’t like how it feels you can always remove and apply a couple of layers of booster and see what difference it makes!!

So far this rubber has performed very well, durability seems to be good, tackiness remains pretty much as it was out of the pack, speed is enough, spin high, once again personally I prefer this rubber to H3 Neo.

mocker88
08-28-2021, 07:25 AM
I got mine from Prott.vip now yesterday, but got fond of the DHS Power G9 blade that I've been trying out with a couple of boosted Yinhe Big Dipper 3 39 (FH) deg & DHS H2N 40 deg (BH). So I ordered another one for my H8-80 38 deg. Don't wanna disturb my other blade now, because of a competition coming up in a couple of weeks now :) So I have to wait another two weeks or so to try it out.

IB66
08-28-2021, 07:58 AM
I got mine from Prott.vip now yesterday, but got fond of the DHS Power G9 blade that I've been trying out with a couple of boosted Yinhe Big Dipper 3 39 (FH) deg & DHS H2N 40 deg (BH). So I ordered another one for my H8-80 38 deg. Don't wanna disturb my other blade now, because of a competition coming up in a couple of weeks now :) So I have to wait another two weeks or so to try it out.
I think you will like H8-80!!!! But probably boosted more than un-boosted!!!

mocker88
08-28-2021, 08:55 AM
I think you will like H8-80!!!! But probably boosted more than un-boosted!!!
Yeah. We'll see. I'm trying it unboosted first :)

Attitude
08-28-2021, 01:55 PM
I played mine (37°) for some time now and it is awesome. I will probably still stick with the boosted Hurricane 8 because of price-reasons, but this rubber is definitly in my TOP 3 backhand rubbers.

Thanks to its sticky surface you can still play a really good short game and the attack is comparable with the Xiom Vega Pro. Slightly slower but more spinny overall.

Though i am a fan of boosting chinese rubbers i wouldnt boost this one. Even one layer would probably make it way too fast, so you would start losing controll.

MydasDiablo
08-28-2021, 06:49 PM
I am really keen on trying these for FH & BH, but I wish they were sold in the UK or at TT11. Shipping from China takes too long and I don't really want to deal with any customs issues.

IB66
08-28-2021, 07:26 PM
I am really keen on trying these for FH & BH, but I wish they were sold in the UK or at TT11. Shipping from China takes too long and I don't really want to deal with any customs issues.
I bought my sheets via Aliexpress, Yeah they take a while to arrive. If you keep the total cost ( after the 20% VAT is added) to less than £125, then there shouldn’t be any additional customs tax to pay. The package arrives at customs and goes through for delivery. As of yet I’ve had no issues on this front.

Attitude
08-28-2021, 08:57 PM
I agree with IB66, there are no VAT problems with AliExpress. With prott.vip you do have them, because they dont pay any taxes upfront but with AliExpress this issue is already solved (supposedly wordlwide).

mocker88
08-28-2021, 11:05 PM
I agree with IB66, there are no VAT problems with AliExpress. With prott.vip you do have them, because they dont pay any taxes upfront but with AliExpress this issue is already solved (supposedly wordlwide).
Here in Sweden as well. At least since this summer...

MydasDiablo
08-29-2021, 07:09 AM
So using Prott it is 25 USD per sheet, but VAT may be payable on entry to the UK, but the £23 via AliExpress includes VAT?

mocker88
08-29-2021, 08:09 AM
So using Prott it is 25 USD per sheet, but VAT may be payable on entry to the UK, but the £23 via AliExpress includes VAT?
Check under the price. It should say "Price includes VAT"

IB66
08-29-2021, 04:43 PM
From memory, When you add to cart, and then proceed to checkout, I think that’s when they add the VAT, so one sheet should be about £27 ish.

IB66
08-29-2021, 04:52 PM
Just checked, £54 and bits for 2 sheets at checkout, so the VAT is added at Checkout by Aliexpress.
£23 / sheet at the store =£46
£27 is still a good price for a quality product!!!

Bram Vroonland
08-29-2021, 05:00 PM
Mine did fine with 3 layers of Falco 😶

aerial
09-01-2021, 11:37 PM
https://youtu.be/rHtE1s5WnAs

It's too bad they didn't include 8-80 in this review, although from what they say about 3-50, makes me think 8-80 may be a more dynamic version of 3-50

​​​

mocker88
09-02-2021, 06:02 AM
Aaaah. Just tried my 8-80 38 deg yesterday. It's all soft and really similar to the 3-50 what I recall. No speed, low throw. The spin is there but it means really hard work if you leave the table at any time. Just a disappointment with this one. Well the weight. 51g cut. Sure a couple of grams lighter than the ordinary H8 or so. Perhaps it'll work for backhand when broken in, but it's not a forehand rubber for me, sorry to say. @IB66 you can't compare TAU II and this one?

Bram Vroonland
09-02-2021, 06:33 AM
Aaaah. Just tried my 8-80 38 deg yesterday. It's all soft and really similar to the 3-50 what I recall. No speed, low throw. The spin is there but it means really hard work if you leave the table at any time. Just a disappointment with this one. Well the weight. 51g cut. Sure a couple of grams lighter than the ordinary H8 or so. Perhaps it'll work for backhand when broken in, but it's not a forehand rubber for me, sorry to say. @IB66 you can't compare TAU II and this one?
 I've played the Tau II on my FH a couple of times. It's base speed is quite a bit higher and your shots will have better penetration (land deeper on the table). This comes with a loss of control. The 8-80 (boosted) has more control and more gears. Also, I don't think the throw is that low.

Gozo
09-02-2021, 06:57 AM
I sure hope someone can do a write up on the different types of Hurricane rubber. Like its characteristic and what sort of play style it is suitable for and whether is better for BH or FH.

I get confused with H2, H3, H8, Skyline, TG etc....

I have only used H3 & H2. Both classic & neo version.

mocker88
09-02-2021, 07:26 AM
ÂI've played the Tau II on my FH a couple of times. It's base speed is quite a bit higher and your shots will have better penetration (land deeper on the table). This comes with a loss of control. The 8-80 (boosted) has more control and more gears. Also, I don't think the throw is that low.
Yes. Perhaps it's because of the lower speed that I got the impression of lower throw. I had to adjust my angle to get the ball over the net. Now I will try it on my backhand tonight at the club, so we'll see. :) It might just be so that I will boost this one later on as well and see what happens. I guess that the boosted 8-80 will have more ESN feeling, but that's not for my forehand then.

mocker88
09-02-2021, 08:03 AM
I sure hope someone can do a write up on the different types of Hurricane rubber. Like its characteristic and what sort of play style it is suitable for and whether is better for BH or FH.

I get confused with H2, H3, H8, Skyline, TG etc....

I have only used H3 & H2. Both classic & neo version.
I've tried some of these over the years. The last years I've tried to play a bit more aggressive, striking the ball at the highest point. Earlier I used to wait more often for the ball to drop, like digging it up instead. This was perhaps more fun and a bit more lazy kind of play. On the other hand, my opponents got more time to prepare for their next move, so punching the ball earlier feels more invigorating.

I started up with H3N & H2N 39 deg and after a year or so tried out H8 and Skyline TG2 Neo. Both 39 deg. I felt that these could be compared to the H2N & H3N, but TG2 wasn't that fast (but almost) and H8 didn't have that "turbo" feeling that H3N have.

After a couple of years I tried some other rubbers. I will mention the ones that was playable :)

729 Battle II Provincial/Gold 40 deg. Feels like a softer H3N. More controllable.
Yinhe Moon Pro Hard. This one felt faster than H3N with a lower throw, semi tacky and really good spin.
Yinhe Big Dipper 38 deg. At a tournament I switched from TG2N to Big Dipper. Most of my loops did go long with TG2N, so nothing to loose I thought, and yes :) Big Dipper worked better for me when I was playing on a hard wooden floor. Good control and really good spin with Big Dipper.
LOKI N80. Really nice. Softer feeling than H3N and good feeling, but this ended up on my backhand after a while.
XIOM TAU II. The closest to H3N but with a bouncy feeling almost towards ESN rubbers (but not quite). It just lacks the kick that H3N gives.

In between I have used variations of the DHS rubbers in 38, 40 deg 2.15-2.2mm, and sure, they are different to each other, but what I found out making more difference is the weight. Playing with a H3 2.2mm 41 deg with a cut weight of 52g is really different than playing with a H3 2.15mm 41 deg with a cut weight of 47g. The same but even more different I noticed that my Big Dipper rubbers cut varies between 45-53g in the same hardnesses. And I can say that one of these rubbers doesn't play the same as the other with a different weight.

Now, when trying to play more aggressive, I found out that what fits my forehand best, is the H3 2.15mm 41 deg with a weight in the lower range and then a bit boosted with Haifu Sea moon booster.

I hope it could help in some way, but everyone's different. :)

Gozo
09-02-2021, 01:42 PM
I've tried some of these over the years. The last years I've tried to play a bit more aggressive, striking the ball at the highest point. Earlier I used to wait more often for the ball to drop, like digging it up instead. This was perhaps more fun and a bit more lazy kind of play. On the other hand, my opponents got more time to prepare for their next move, so punching the ball earlier feels more invigorating.

I started up with H3N & H2N 39 deg and after a year or so tried out H8 and Skyline TG2 Neo. Both 39 deg. I felt that these could be compared to the H2N & H3N, but TG2 wasn't that fast (but almost) and H8 didn't have that "turbo" feeling that H3N have.

After a couple of years I tried some other rubbers. I will mention the ones that was playable :)

729 Battle II Provincial/Gold 40 deg. Feels like a softer H3N. More controllable.
Yinhe Moon Pro Hard. This one felt faster than H3N with a lower throw, semi tacky and really good spin.
Yinhe Big Dipper 38 deg. At a tournament I switched from TG2N to Big Dipper. Most of my loops did go long with TG2N, so nothing to loose I thought, and yes :) Big Dipper worked better for me when I was playing on a hard wooden floor. Good control and really good spin with Big Dipper.
LOKI N80. Really nice. Softer feeling than H3N and good feeling, but this ended up on my backhand after a while.
XIOM TAU II. The closest to H3N but with a bouncy feeling almost towards ESN rubbers (but not quite). It just lacks the kick that H3N gives.

In between I have used variations of the DHS rubbers in 38, 40 deg 2.15-2.2mm, and sure, they are different to each other, but what I found out making more difference is the weight. Playing with a H3 2.2mm 41 deg with a cut weight of 52g is really different than playing with a H3 2.15mm 41 deg with a cut weight of 47g. The same but even more different I noticed that my Big Dipper rubbers cut varies between 45-53g in the same hardnesses. And I can say that one of these rubbers doesn't play the same as the other with a different weight.

Now, when trying to play more aggressive, I found out that what fits my forehand best, is the H3 2.15mm 41 deg with a weight in the lower range and then a bit boosted with Haifu Sea moon booster.

I hope it could help in some way, but everyone's different. :)
Wow! Impressive. You are truly a fanboy of DHS and Chinese tacky rubber.

I have a further question. The conventional wisdom is to use tension or softer rubber for the backhand, however, I find that using hard tacky chinese rubber on BH can produce some spectacular killer backhand loop kill. Especially on flexy blade with ALL+ or OFF- rating. Do you find the same as I do? My experience of the above is with Battle 2 / neoH3 / neoH2 all at 40 degrees hardness.

What happen is sometimes I twiddle the FH side to BH and attack the ball and the ball really loop over with low arc, which surprises my opponent and myself.

Zyleyus
09-02-2021, 02:06 PM
I've got this as 38 on my forehand. It has the similar feeling of a bouncy esn rubber but tacky. Though idk if it's my fault, the tackiness faded quickly. After playing for two weeks (less than 10hs), the rubber has some uncleanable marks from my sweat. (I clean it every time after I play)
And it is way less tacky than the H3 Neo Provincial, sticks to the ball for around 2 seconds as a brand new one.
In China most people play this on their bh 'cause it's softer, less tacky and bouncier compared to the h3.
Noticible heavier than the Donic Acuda Blue P3.
So I translated this from DHS's Taobao store:
H8-80 Soft, bouncy, high tackiness rubber + high bounciness sponge
Rubber of balanced speed and control, paired with high bounciness No.80 sponge with big holes, more penetrated feel (I guess), easier to get the hang of, excellent feel of speed, just right controll, at the same time having the same unique tackiness and ability to produce spin as the Hurricane series.
H8-80, lighter, bouncier, good for both fh and bh, made for 40+ balls
Thickness: 2.1mm
Hardness: 37/38 (DHS)
Hope this is useful

mocker88
09-02-2021, 02:12 PM
Wow! Impressive. You are truly a fanboy of DHS and Chinese tacky rubber.

I have a further question. The conventional wisdom is to use tension or softer rubber for the backhand, however, I find that using hard tacky chinese rubber on BH can produce some spectacular killer backhand loop kill. Especially on flexy blade with ALL+ or OFF- rating. Do you find the same as I do?
Glad you liked it :)

Yep. Chinese all the way here :)

I really don't like flexy blades to these rubbers. I found out that stiffer ones work better for me, and then a bit faster than all+/off-.
I used to have 729 Focus III Snipe and DHS TinArc 3 for backhand, but advanced to Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, TSP Ventus Soft and Spin and further to Andro Hexer series. But now I'm using Big Dipper H38 boosted on backhand. It's quite nice and not too bouncy. And tonight I will try out the H8-80 H38 on my backhand. My technique is much better on forehand than on backhand, so I need something that's controllable :)

Gozo
09-02-2021, 02:19 PM
Glad you liked it :)

Yep. Chinese all the way here :)

I really don't like flexy blades to these rubbers. I found out that stiffer ones work better for me, and then a bit faster than all+/off-.
I used to have 729 Focus III Snipe and DHS TinArc 3 for backhand, but advanced to Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft, TSP Ventus Soft and Spin and further to Andro Hexer series. But now I'm using Big Dipper H38 boosted on backhand. It's quite nice and not too bouncy. And tonight I will try out the H8-80 H38 on my backhand. My technique is much better on forehand than on backhand, so I need something that's controllable :)
Oh! For me, if I use Chinese tacky rubber, I will put the hardest commercially available on a flexy blade with ALL+ / OFF- rating, typically 5 ply all-wood.

Attitude
09-02-2021, 09:17 PM
I cant imagine that we had the same rubber here or that one degree hardness would make such a huge difference.
But the 3-50 cant be "nearly" the same as the 8-80. I mean even their components are hugely different.

I play the 3-50 and yes, you do have to have a really strong backhand swing to perform strong attacks. And i would say that this rubber can shine either on FH or roughly boosted. At least it did shine a bit on my BH after 2 layer of Falco Tempo Long booster.

The 8-80 37° (unboosted) on the other hand is really smooth and fast with quick strokes. I played the Vega Pro on my BH for 2 years before and the 8-80 is just a bit slower but has way more controll in the short game because it is pretty sticky.

But i would say too that this piece of rubber is not a really good FH rubber. Though i cant really describe my problem with it on FH but it feels way off. I hit way less shots with it on my FH than on my BH.

Ah maybe i should add, that i play this on the DHS TG 506x. I have no clue how this rubber feels on a slower racket.

mocker88
09-03-2021, 05:41 AM
I cant imagine that we had the same rubber here or that one degree hardness would make such a huge difference.
But the 3-50 cant be "nearly" the same as the 8-80. I mean even their components are hugely different.

I play the 3-50 and yes, you do have to have a really strong backhand swing to perform strong attacks. And i would say that this rubber can shine either on FH or roughly boosted. At least it did shine a bit on my BH after 2 layer of Falco Tempo Long booster.

The 8-80 37° (unboosted) on the other hand is really smooth and fast with quick strokes. I played the Vega Pro on my BH for 2 years before and the 8-80 is just a bit slower but has way more controll in the short game because it is pretty sticky.

But i would say too that this piece of rubber is not a really good FH rubber. Though i cant really describe my problem with it on FH but it feels way off. I hit way less shots with it on my FH than on my BH.

Ah maybe i should add, that i play this on the DHS TG 506x. I have no clue how this rubber feels on a slower racket.
I played this on my backhand yesterday, unboosted as well. Compared to a Big Dipper 38° it feels soft and really nice, but the rebound from blocking is so high. That's just an adjustment to do :)

I have taken it off now to add a couple of booster layers, to see if that could give it a more bouncy feeling. I felt that i could need a little bit more help in my strokes, so hoping for this.

I have it on a DHS PG9 7-ply wooden blade, and it's quite fast, and I don't think that I want it on a slower blade right now.

I feel that the spin is there, but for forehand I need something much harder, so I think it'll be nice for backhand if I just can adjust my angle a bit.

Attitude
09-03-2021, 10:09 AM
I played this on my backhand yesterday, unboosted as well. Compared to a Big Dipper 38° it feels soft and really nice, but the rebound from blocking is so high. That's just an adjustment to do :)

I have taken it off now to add a couple of booster layers, to see if that could give it a more bouncy feeling. I felt that i could need a little bit more help in my strokes, so hoping for this.

I have it on a DHS PG9 7-ply wooden blade, and it's quite fast, and I don't think that I want it on a slower blade right now.

I feel that the spin is there, but for forehand I need something much harder, so I think it'll be nice for backhand if I just can adjust my angle a bit.
Have you ever played with a Tenergy 05 like rubber? Compare to that the rebound of the 8-80 is quite low and really slow, especially if you really just go for a block instead of a counterattack.
If you boost it, the rubber will become even more soft and more bouncy, so i am not sure if that is the result you want.

Like i said i wouldnt play this as a FH rubber especially if you are already used to Hurricane 3 with 41° hardness which is quite hard already.

mocker88
09-05-2021, 04:19 PM
Have you ever played with a Tenergy 05 like rubber? Compare to that the rebound of the 8-80 is quite low and really slow, especially if you really just go for a block instead of a counterattack.
If you boost it, the rubber will become even more soft and more bouncy, so i am not sure if that is the result you want.

Like i said i wouldnt play this as a FH rubber especially if you are already used to Hurricane 3 with 41° hardness which is quite hard already.
Yes I have. Sure this one is much slower, but I compared the rebound to Big Dipper, and it was really high. But now it's boosted, and we'll see this week :)

MK73
09-08-2021, 09:24 AM
Can anyone compare H8-80 (37 deg) with Skyline 3-60 (37 deg)? I‘m a big fan of the 3-60 as a bh rubber and wonder what the differences between these two rubbers might be.

Dipak1974
09-08-2021, 11:41 AM
Can anyone compare H8-80 (37 deg) with Skyline 3-60 (37 deg)? I‘m a big fan of the 3-60 as a bh rubber and wonder what the differences between these two rubbers might be.
As your fan of skyline 3-60 would you be able to compare it to H3Neo provincial? Also compare it to Dignics 09C?

does S3-60 need boosting like H3 and can S3-60 be used on fh? I’m currently using D09C fh on Mizutani Jun ZLC

TTOmar
09-08-2021, 06:34 PM
Is that #80 sponge similar to Loki N80 rubber? Just curious why these sponges called 50,60 or 80?

Basillius Calvin
09-08-2021, 07:18 PM
I'm pretty much curious, will h8-80 available in 35 degree hardness 😙

37 degree on the backhand for me is too hard, I don't have enough impact to maximize the rubber's potential, even boosted 🤣

Bram Vroonland
09-09-2021, 10:31 AM
I'm pretty much curious, will h8-80 available in 35 degree hardness 😙

37 degree on the backhand for me is too hard, I don't have enough impact to maximize the rubber's potential, even boosted 🤣
 Hi Calvin,
For the price I would give it a go with some booster. I was scared to try a hard chinese rubber on my BH too but imho it's quite easy to play.

mocker88
09-09-2021, 11:06 AM
Is that #80 sponge similar to Loki N80 rubber? Just curious why these sponges called 50,60 or 80?
No. Nothing like LOKI N80. N80 is much harder, like H3N 40/41 deg. H8-80 is much softer (37/38 deg).

IB66
09-09-2021, 09:21 PM
On Tuesday I played with Tau 2 and H8-80, the Tau 2 has lost some tackiness since I last used it, also more bouncy compared to the H8-80 and quicker.I would say that, when new Tau 2 is closer to H8-80, I think the older that Tau 2 gets, the more tackiness it looses and the spring sponge effect becomes more noticeable.
My playing partner brought the wrong bat with him and asked to try one of mine. So I gave him one with Tau 2 both sides, he liked it and then asked to try the other bat with the H8-80 on it. Loved the spin from both rubbers, his normal bat is T05 on a Viscaria!!
He thought he got more spin with Tau 2 and H8-80, he didn’t mention speed.
Blades were all wood All+/Off- the one with H8-80 has Hinoki top veneer and feels very light, the one with Tau 2 is a Primorac clone, feels a little heavier but still light compared to the Viscaria T05, this is mainly down to the handles being ‘handle heavy’
He took down SDC’s details, so Sergio may be getting another customer!!

Back to the Tau 2 H8-80 comparison, then yeah Tau 2 is now playing bouncier and faster, but less tackiness than H8-80. As for feel, I think they are similar, Tau 2 maybe a little harder?

I’m just gonna stick to the H8-80 ( for now!!!!🤔)

Bram Vroonland
09-15-2021, 08:40 AM
I am still very pleased with the 8-80 on the BH of my HL5. I do hit less outright BH topspin winners. My shots seem a bit easier to return when compared to Dignics 05. On the other hand my shots hit the table much more often. I have ordered a second sheet to put on my spare Viscaria. Maybe that will give the rubber a bit more zip without losing its amazing control.

Has anyone tried this on a Viscaria yet?

mocker88
09-15-2021, 09:16 AM
On Tuesday I played with Tau 2 and H8-80, the Tau 2 has lost some tackiness since I last used it, also more bouncy compared to the H8-80 and quicker.I would say that, when new Tau 2 is closer to H8-80, I think the older that Tau 2 gets, the more tackiness it looses and the spring sponge effect becomes more noticeable.
My playing partner brought the wrong bat with him and asked to try one of mine. So I gave him one with Tau 2 both sides, he liked it and then asked to try the other bat with the H8-80 on it. Loved the spin from both rubbers, his normal bat is T05 on a Viscaria!!
He thought he got more spin with Tau 2 and H8-80, he didn’t mention speed.
Blades were all wood All+/Off- the one with H8-80 has Hinoki top veneer and feels very light, the one with Tau 2 is a Primorac clone, feels a little heavier but still light compared to the Viscaria T05, this is mainly down to the handles being ‘handle heavy’
He took down SDC’s details, so Sergio may be getting another customer!!

Back to the Tau 2 H8-80 comparison, then yeah Tau 2 is now playing bouncier and faster, but less tackiness than H8-80. As for feel, I think they are similar, Tau 2 maybe a little harder?

I’m just gonna stick to the H8-80 ( for now!!!!🤔)
Played with my H8-80 on backhand yesterday. The feeling is really nice. Perhaps I'm changing my Big Dipper for this one on BH. :)

Caddy
09-16-2021, 07:42 AM
How would you compare its characteristics to a H3neo 37 degree, which is my current to go rubber for backhand?

Attitude
09-17-2021, 09:08 PM
I am still very pleased with the 8-80 on the BH of my HL5. I do hit less outright BH topspin winners. My shots seem a bit easier to return when compared to Dignics 05. On the other hand my shots hit the table much more often. I have ordered a second sheet to put on my spare Viscaria. Maybe that will give the rubber a bit more zip without losing its amazing control.

Has anyone tried this on a Viscaria yet?
I played it on my DHS TG 506x which is really close to a Viscaria. I was overall pretty happy with it. The only downside i still have with it is that the arc is a bit too flat for my taste, which is way some flicks went way over the table.

Now i put it back on my DHS Hurricane 301 on which this issue is kinda solved. Maybe because the 301 is a bit slower but i dunno for sure.

For now im gonna stick with a boosted Hurricane 8 on my bh. Not as consistent bc of the boosting process, but still a more replicable performance for me.

Caddy;352428How would you compare its characteristics to a H3neo 37 degree, which is my current to go rubber for backhand?

Rough to say actually because it depends on how (or even at all) you boost your Hurricane.
Unboosted the 8-80 is way faster and an overall better rubber. Maybe the shortplay is a bit harder to perform on, though this rubber is still quite sticky.

In case your hurricane is boosted i would say it depends on your technique.
To put it simply i would say, if you have more of a backhand like Ma Long, then stick with it. The Hurricane 3 is overall easier to controll but is more technique reliant.
If your technique is more like FZD or any Butterfly BH player, then you should try it out.

As i said, the 8-80 is faster and has a lower throwangle than the Hurricane 3.
But the Hurricane 3 has way more controll, and with the right technique you can kinda compensate the lacking speed.

GrayGhost
10-20-2021, 12:38 AM
I have been playing with h8-80 37 for about a month now and I have to say I love it! I've recently used h37 prov, d05, t05, rakza z on my bh and h8-80 is so good! 1/3 the price of d05 and plays very similar. I'm going to try it on my FH soon!

My 3 top blades I use:
Liu Shiwen ZLF: d05/h8-80
Harimoto szlc: h3 prov 40/h3 prov 37
Lin Yun-Ju slzc: h3 prov 40/d05

nicedream
10-20-2021, 12:25 PM
Does 8-80 have the rotten fish smell?

pilami
10-20-2021, 01:03 PM
Does 8-80 have the rotten fish smell?
No it does not smell bad.

bobpuls
10-21-2021, 05:00 AM
And the weight of uncut rubber is?

AndySmith
10-21-2021, 08:24 AM
And the weight of uncut rubber is?
Mine were:

38 degree red - 68.13g
37 degree black - 66.85g

pilami
10-21-2021, 01:04 PM
Mines had the 4 corners cut so I did not weigh them because I could not compare with other rubbers.

AndySmith
10-21-2021, 02:33 PM
Mines had the 4 corners cut so I did not weigh them because I could not compare with other rubbers.
Mine had the corners cut too. Hopefully people are used to the DHS rubber shape by now and can make their own approximations, but it's worth mentioning yes.

ttarc
10-22-2021, 09:04 AM

They are now available from TT11 :)https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-hurricane-8-80-38
https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-hurricane-8-80-37

dRONNy
11-14-2021, 07:26 AM
hello, and you can make a short comparison of hurricane 8-80 and big dipper, in terms of speed, stiffness, angle of throw

Attitude
11-14-2021, 10:50 AM
hello, and you can make a short comparison of hurricane 8-80 and big dipper, in terms of speed, stiffness, angle of throw
Big Dipper is way harder and therefore requires way more force to the same speed level of the Hurricane 8-80, which is softer and easier to generate speed with it.
That is the main reason i consider the Hurricane 8-80 more of a BH rubber which makes it hard to compare with a Dipper which is used on the FH of 99% of all players^^

Trying to give some kind of direction here:
Hurricane 8-80 is faster than the Big Dipper and has a slightly higher throwangle (another reason why i would use it more on BH). Not sure what you mean by stiffness though, because we are talking about rubbers here, which are pretty much the opposite of "stiff".

aerial
11-16-2021, 08:33 PM
I switched back to esn on the bh, I didn't have a strong enough stroke to use the H8-80 in a threatening manner

Dominikk85
12-11-2021, 07:57 PM
I'm using the 37 degree on the BH now. I like it so far, not super fast but not slow either and can do good spin. Short game not bad either.

Compared to the focus snipe I was using before blocking wasn't quite as easy though, it works better if you add some spin.

aerial
01-06-2022, 08:53 PM
https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-hurricane-8-80-38 https://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/dhs-hurricane-8-80-37
the 38 degrees was on sale last week 25% off, i figure why not try it ... instant buyer's remorse. only glued once and wanted to switch to another blade and the 38 degree sponge separated from the topsheet. wanted to swap 37deg too but made sure to very carefully remove since the 38 was dead after one glue and the 37 deg sponge also started to rip a bit....

sad thing is i thought it was ok for the fh (38)

the 37 on the bh is still not catapult-y enough. if my bh was stronger maybe i could use it.

aerial
01-06-2022, 08:54 PM
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/893/22/01/06/IMG%2020220105%20193252%20jpg.jpeg
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/902/22/01/06/IMG%2020220105%20200636%20jpg.jpeg

GrayGhost
01-06-2022, 11:04 PM
What glue did you use? My h8-80 was great and put it on a buddy’s paddle he really enjoys it too.

hassancooking
01-07-2022, 12:26 AM
I want it!

aerial
01-07-2022, 01:02 AM
revolution normal viscosity, 2 layers on sponge and 2 on blade

mocker88
01-07-2022, 10:48 AM
revolution normal viscosity, 2 layers on sponge and 2 on blade
I have used this with H8-80 38deg as well. No problem at all removing the rubber. Strange...

IB66
01-07-2022, 01:52 PM
Same here!! no issues with Revo no3 and H8-80 (yet!!!!!!)

aerial
01-15-2022, 02:35 PM
I want it!
i have 3 sheets of h8-80 that i don't want lol

one was boosted 2 layers of seamoon, the other two are unboosted

dm me if you are serious, maybe we can meet up i'm in nyc i think your in nj?

PingBirdPong
01-15-2022, 06:06 PM
What is this “Revolution” glue everyone uses? I’ve never heard of it, and I’m really interested if it really is that good.

Zwill
01-15-2022, 06:32 PM
What is this “Revolution” glue everyone uses? I’ve never heard of it, and I’m really interested if it really is that good.
It's actually very similar to Lidu or Dianchi glue just has a lot more viscosity. It is supposed to be a decent glue, I'd probably rate it as 3rd best after Nittaku Finezip and DHS No 15. I have used it in the past and it was fine.

But doing this to a H8-80 is horrible, I don't even. Chinese sponges are so strong and they let you remove glue layers so easily. I feel disgusted.

ttarc
02-08-2022, 03:55 PM
Some additional data points:
H8-80 37, black, uncut weight incl. foil 67g (area: 16.4 cm x 16.9 cm - 4x ~2.5 cm² = 267 cm²), cut weight with 2 + 1 layer of PimplePark Viscoso Pro Velox glue (no ammonia smell, sort of like Nittaku Finezip but more fluid) 50g on a TSP Swat (15 cm x 15.7 cm).
Quite tacky: holds the ball for around 3 seconds, sponge is quite brittle (somewhat like Sanwei Target 90)

aerial
02-09-2022, 11:34 AM
It's actually very similar to Lidu or Dianchi glue just has a lot more viscosity. It is supposed to be a decent glue, I'd probably rate it as 3rd best after Nittaku Finezip and DHS No 15. I have used it in the past and it was fine.

But doing this to a H8-80 is horrible, I don't even. Chinese sponges are so strong and they let you remove glue layers so easily. I feel disgusted.
lol sorry to "disgust" you but i personally think it's a quality control issue with h8-80, no other rubbers i have used have disintegrated on me when removing, especially only after a first glue

Zwill
02-18-2022, 11:05 PM
lol sorry to "disgust" you but i personally think it's a quality control issue with h8-80, no other rubbers i have used have disintegrated on me when removing, especially only after a first glue
It could be some defect. I also had a red sheet of H8-80 and my experience was that the glue stuck to the blade instead of the sponge when removing. I can take off the rubber without any glue remaining on the sponge. Obviously I never had the defect you experienced and I have at least re-glued my H8-80 5-6 times. I bought a black one as well, it's a damn good rubber and sponge as well. I have only used it with DHS no 15 glue, I have great experience with that glue, it can be peeled off even from MX-P with great success, which is a super big pored rubber that likes to chip away when you try to remove the glue from the sponge.

Anyways, since I've been playing with D09c, D64 and Double Fish Qiji lately I just had an urge to make a setup with H8-80. Just after gluing them, one black with 38 deg hardness and one red sheet with 37deg they feel softer than both D09c and D64. They don't seem to be much slower than D09c just bouncing a ball. They are more tacky for sure but actually the topsheet feels similarly stretchy as D09c. Well they need to be tested in actual game tho... I have played with the red 37deg sheet before trying any Dignics and it felt transparent but hard. I found the topsheet to be a very sensitive to spin on passive play. On active play it was super forgiving, typical Chinese characteristic I guess. So after Dignics is feels soft I guess it will be more interesting to try it.
If I remember well I used the red sheet together with a Tibhar K2 on my FH and if I twiddled H8-80 on the FH it felt significantly more spinny. My teammates and I have immediately realized the difference. But H8-80 requires different technique compared to K2. It's not an analogue change.

I simp for DHS rubbers actually, so I wouldn't mind not using Dignics at all.

Wrighty67
02-19-2022, 12:49 PM
It could be some defect. I also had a red sheet of H8-80 and my experience was that the glue stuck to the blade instead of the sponge when removing. I can take off the rubber without any glue remaining on the sponge. Obviously I never had the defect you experienced and I have at least re-glued my H8-80 5-6 times. I bought a black one as well, it's a damn good rubber and sponge as well. I have only used it with DHS no 15 glue, I have great experience with that glue, it can be peeled off even from MX-P with great success, which is a super big pored rubber that likes to chip away when you try to remove the glue from the sponge.

Anyways, since I've been playing with D09c, D64 and Double Fish Qiji lately I just had an urge to make a setup with H8-80. Just after gluing them, one black with 38 deg hardness and one red sheet with 37deg they feel softer than both D09c and D64. They don't seem to be much slower than D09c just bouncing a ball. They are more tacky for sure but actually the topsheet feels similarly stretchy as D09c. Well they need to be tested in actual game tho... I have played with the red 37deg sheet before trying any Dignics and it felt transparent but hard. I found the topsheet to be a very sensitive to spin on passive play. On active play it was super forgiving, typical Chinese characteristic I guess. So after Dignics is feels soft I guess it will be more interesting to try it.
If I remember well I used the red sheet together with a Tibhar K2 on my FH and if I twiddled H8-80 on the FH it felt significantly more spinny. My teammates and I have immediately realized the difference. But H8-80 requires different technique compared to K2. It's not an analogue change.

I simp for DHS rubbers actually, so I wouldn't mind not using Dignics at all.
I’m about to try H8-80 red 38 on my BH and was trying to compare sponge hardness with my current Donic bluefire M1 - it seems like the BF is 47.5 deg or so on euro scale and the H8-80 3h converts to a little more than that so it’s harder - I thought it would be softer so was a little surprised.

Zwill
02-19-2022, 01:25 PM
Yes, I think H8-80 is harder than a bluefire M1 or any other 47.5deg ESN sheet. I think ESN tries to position 47.5deg to Butterfly 36deg (as tenergy) but I think ESN is softer than that. 47.5deg almost feels like Rozena or maybe even a touch softer in some cases... The 50 deg ESN sheets feel more close to Tenergy hardness, and H8-80 is harder than Tenergy.

Wrighty67
02-19-2022, 01:39 PM
Yes, I think H8-80 is harder than a bluefire M1 or any other 47.5deg ESN sheet. I think ESN tries to position 47.5deg to Butterfly 36deg (as tenergy) but I think ESN is softer than that. 47.5deg almost feels like Rozena or maybe even a touch softer in some cases... The 50 deg ESN sheets feel more close to Tenergy hardness, and H8-80 is harder than Tenergy.
Makes sense, but I presume compared to H3, 8-80 is much friendlier on BH?

Zwill
02-19-2022, 02:36 PM
Makes sense, but I presume compared to H3, 8-80 is much friendlier on BH?
It's faster for sure and easier to use than H3. But H3 on backhand is very stable. Good touch game, great for spin control, toxic opening loops on BH which enables you to pivot and kill the 4th, 5th ball. H8-80 you need to get used to. It makes more spin on light shots has higher arc too, so I would say it's better on BH. For a few training sessions it will feel weird especially coming off from a ESN or Tenergy style rubber. Touch play with H8 is very sensitive if you touch the ball gently like with a bouncy rubber you will push a lot into the net. But one gets used to it after a while.

Zwill
02-21-2022, 08:39 PM
Yeah, H8-80 is totally a natural switch from D09c on FH. Bit slower, not as stretchy as D09c, not nearly as bouncy. The 38 deg black sheet kinda feels like a new D09c regarding hardness. D09c did soften up a bit over time, I guess H8-80 will also do something similar as Chinese rubbers tend to have a break in period.
Interestingly on just flat hits H8-80 is better than D09c. More stable, hits down on the blade easier and more consistently. Usually Chinese rubbers are not particularly good on flat hits. This one is fine.
I'm not sure about the spin tho, it seems super spinny. It can make a similar arch as D09c, but doesn't have that speed so I guess it's not as spinny. But it's not lacking.
For incoming spin it's more sensitive, it blocks topspins back at a higher angle than D09c, not as forgiving on racket angle as D09c, but after some adjustment it was fine. I didn't struggle with it at all.
Opening loops were a bit of a hard one. Using the D09c movement it was usable, but not so dangerous, which is why I'm a bit torn on the spin. The sponge doesn't have the bounce by itself so if you just use the sponge and rubber it's kinda lackluster. I found on opening loops it's better to just open the racket angle even more than with D09c and try to hit down on the blade as well. That way it was much better. It makes a high arch so it works out magically. D09c is also usable this way so it wasn't a foreign technique. Playing directly and forward is rewarded with both rubbers.
I do have a gripe with D09c on opening loops. It can hold the ball a bit too long and sometimes that "floats" the ball long for me. H8-80 didn't do that so far.
Over the table play is vastly superior with H8-80. Ball can be kept closer to the net, service receive is more stable, flicks are much better. I really love Chinese rubbers for flicks, they are just so direct and reliable, while Euro-Jap rubbers tend to have a mind of their own sometimes.

On BH it was a bigger change. Compared to D64 it's slower without a question. But not slow compared to a "normal" rubber. The 37deg is a bit bouncier, easier to use on BH. D64 totally has a mind of it's own sometimes. The topsheet and the sponge are not very in sync on weak shots and sometimes it shoots the ball long, sometimes it feels just right. If you hit hard it doesn't do this but weak hits it's a crapshoot. H8-80 doesn't do this, on a VIS speed blade it is fast enough to put enough pressure on the opponent even from a relatively weak hit. I guess everything applies to it which I mentioned for forehand. It has more spin than D64 for sure, but also needs to be hit down on the blade. Open racket angle was surprisingly rewarding, heavily cut balls could be pulled up very well. Open angle and hit down on the blade, this is totally the most important thing about it. If you have this everything can be pulled up.
The sponge is dull enough to soak up some heavy topspins and even flat hits. I'm a lefty so I get a lot on my BH.

Does Dignics with double the cost? Kinda... but depends. Dignics is lighter. 09c is like 10% lighter, that is significant. D64 is like 10% lighter than D09c. So if you want a light setup unfortunately Butterfly is still far the best. Possibly D09c has more spin, definitely more bounce, more speed from back court.
On the other hand H8-80 is better over the table and is not too shabby from back either. It seems more dependable too, it won't overwrite your shot with some weird catapult effect.

I used my Nexy Eucrasia to test H8-80, gonna leave them on, it's a good combo. A Viscaria would be a good option too. I wouldn't use anything much slower opr flexier tho. Something faster might be a good idea. Since D09c and H8-80 make a tall arch and they are both good when they hit down on the blade I would use a stiffer blade. Just like the Eucrasia is stiffer than a VIS, or maybe the Tibhar Drinkhall powerspin carbon, Ovtcharov ALC, Carbonado 245/290, I wouldn't rule out the Garaydia or Primorac carbon as a good combo. Hinoki has a good grip, I think it could work exceptionally well.

Wrighty67
02-21-2022, 09:31 PM
Yeah, H8-80 is totally a natural switch from D09c on FH. Bit slower, not as stretchy as D09c, not nearly as bouncy. The 38 deg black sheet kinda feels like a new D09c regarding hardness. D09c did soften up a bit over time, I guess H8-80 will also do something similar as Chinese rubbers tend to have a break in period.
Interestingly on just flat hits H8-80 is better than D09c. More stable, hits down on the blade easier and more consistently. Usually Chinese rubbers are not particularly good on flat hits. This one is fine.
I'm not sure about the spin tho, it seems super spinny. It can make a similar arch as D09c, but doesn't have that speed so I guess it's not as spinny. But it's not lacking.
For incoming spin it's more sensitive, it blocks topspins back at a higher angle than D09c, not as forgiving on racket angle as D09c, but after some adjustment it was fine. I didn't struggle with it at all.
Opening loops were a bit of a hard one. Using the D09c movement it was usable, but not so dangerous, which is why I'm a bit torn on the spin. The sponge doesn't have the bounce by itself so if you just use the sponge and rubber it's kinda lackluster. I found on opening loops it's better to just open the racket angle even more than with D09c and try to hit down on the blade as well. That way it was much better. It makes a high arch so it works out magically. D09c is also usable this way so it wasn't a foreign technique. Playing directly and forward is rewarded with both rubbers.
I do have a gripe with D09c on opening loops. It can hold the ball a bit too long and sometimes that "floats" the ball long for me. H8-80 didn't do that so far.
Over the table play is vastly superior with H8-80. Ball can be kept closer to the net, service receive is more stable, flicks are much better. I really love Chinese rubbers for flicks, they are just so direct and reliable, while Euro-Jap rubbers tend to have a mind of their own sometimes.

On BH it was a bigger change. Compared to D64 it's slower without a question. But not slow compared to a "normal" rubber. The 37deg is a bit bouncier, easier to use on BH. D64 totally has a mind of it's own sometimes. The topsheet and the sponge are not very in sync on weak shots and sometimes it shoots the ball long, sometimes it feels just right. If you hit hard it doesn't do this but weak hits it's a crapshoot. H8-80 doesn't do this, on a VIS speed blade it is fast enough to put enough pressure on the opponent even from a relatively weak hit. I guess everything applies to it which I mentioned for forehand. It has more spin than D64 for sure, but also needs to be hit down on the blade. Open racket angle was surprisingly rewarding, heavily cut balls could be pulled up very well. Open angle and hit down on the blade, this is totally the most important thing about it. If you have this everything can be pulled up.
The sponge is dull enough to soak up some heavy topspins and even flat hits. I'm a lefty so I get a lot on my BH.

Does Dignics with double the cost? Kinda... but depends. Dignics is lighter. 09c is like 10% lighter, that is significant. D64 is like 10% lighter than D09c. So if you want a light setup unfortunately Butterfly is still far the best. Possibly D09c has more spin, definitely more bounce, more speed from back court.
On the other hand H8-80 is better over the table and is not too shabby from back either. It seems more dependable too, it won't overwrite your shot with some weird catapult effect.

I used my Nexy Eucrasia to test H8-80, gonna leave them on, it's a good combo. A Viscaria would be a good option too. I wouldn't use anything much slower opr flexier tho. Something faster might be a good idea. Since D09c and H8-80 make a tall arch and they are both good when they hit down on the blade I would use a stiffer blade. Just like the Eucrasia is stiffer than a VIS, or maybe the Tibhar Drinkhall powerspin carbon, Ovtcharov ALC, Carbonado 245/290, I wouldn't rule out the Garaydia or Primorac carbon as a good combo. Hinoki has a good grip, I think it could work exceptionally well.
That’s super helpful, thanks very much.

Tonight I tried my 38 deg red 8-80 on BH with H3 pro 40 deg BS on FH - blade is Long 5x.

I was super impressed with the 8-80 - I hit a lot of backhands and BH drills tonight at varying pace and was pleasantly surprised with the speed I could generate but also the control in my touch play. Sounds great too, especially when you hit through that sponge.

my first impressions are a great rubber for me on the long 5x.

ttarc
05-06-2022, 09:14 PM
...Interestingly on just flat hits H8-80 is better than D09c. More stable, hits down on the blade easier and more consistently. Usually Chinese rubbers are not particularly good on flat hits. This one is fine.
Just some additional thoughts from a H3 user...H8-80 37 is definitely better than H3 for flat hits on FH and not really worse than ESN rubbers. My only complaint/reason why I will not use H8-80 on FH is that I can't force some shots down on the table that work with a H3 (Patrick Hrdlicka remarked something similar about the 38° H8-80 https://blog.tabletennis11.com/review-hurricane-8-80). Maybe a harder sponged H8-80 with 39° oder even 40° would solve this but that would be a very heavy rubber...Nonetheless it is a great rubber for someone wanting to try Chinese rubbers on FH but doesn't want to boost or break in rubbers like H3 or for H3 users that want something softer, where speed is easier unlocked and/or who don't need the higher spin that's possible with a H3.Will be interesting to see how the different sponges (22, 20 and 80) behave with the new topsheet when DHS releases the Hurricane 9.

...On BH it was a bigger change. Compared to D64 it's slower without a question. But not slow compared to a "normal" rubber. The 37deg is a bit bouncier, easier to use on BH. D64 totally has a mind of it's own sometimes.
That was and still is my impression especially with FastArc G-1 and C-1 on my BH... these rubbers want to be played in one and only one way but not how the user (at least me) wants to play with them. Not so with the H8-80 after getting used to it.

The topsheet and the sponge are not very in sync on weak shots and sometimes it shoots the ball long, sometimes it feels just right. If you hit hard it doesn't do this but weak hits it's a crapshoot. H8-80 doesn't do this, on a VIS speed blade it is fast enough to put enough pressure on the opponent even from a relatively weak hit. I guess everything applies to it which I mentioned for forehand. It has more spin than D64 for sure, but also needs to be hit down on the blade. Open racket angle was surprisingly rewarding, heavily cut balls could be pulled up very well. Open angle and hit down on the blade, this is totally the most important thing about it. If you have this everything can be pulled up.The sponge is dull enough to soak up some heavy topspins and even flat hits. I'm a lefty so I get a lot on my BH.
Same here (although not a lefty I get many balls to my BH because many opponents think that this is my weak side...). If your blade is fast enough or you're used to hit harder/a bit through the ball and into the sponge the H8-80 does neither lack speed nor spin. Although, for my liking, it could have a bit more speed/bounciness on low impact strokes. Spin sensitivity was quite high compared to a Vega Asia (fresh sheet and the first rubber that I compared the H8-80 to on my Hinotec Off-) in the first two training sessions even when compared to a boosted Hurricane 3 37 but not for long... Next ESN rubbers were BlueStorm Z2 and FastArc C-1 (the last usable ESN rubbers I had at hand): Z2 was less spin sensitive but not the C-1. Aggressive pushes were easier to do with the H8-80 than with the C-1 or Z2 as was the short game in general. Serves where easier to keep short and spinny, flicks were stable, and so on. It simply felt natural after adapting and I could play as I wanted to play. Just be a tiny bit more active when pushing, flicking or blocking etc.

In short: It is (for me/my backhand) fast enough, has the grip and spin that I need when thinly brushing, doesn't lack the low gears like many ESN rubbers (a H3 37 is still better in the short game but needs way more effort for the high gears) and most importantly: it is stable and reliable. It just does what I want. And as a bonus it is very durable. After three months the topsheet looks like crap and the sponge lost some quite substantial pieces at the edge but it still plays good. Unboosted...For the next training sessions this sheet will be boosted...

Attitude
05-06-2022, 10:42 PM
Just some additional thoughts from a H3 user...H8-80 37 is definitely better than H3 for flat hits on FH and not really worse than ESN rubbers. My only complaint/reason why I will not use H8-80 on FH is that I can't force some shots down on the table that work with a H3 (Patrick Hrdlicka remarked something similar about the 38° H8-80 https://blog.tabletennis11.com/review-hurricane-8-80). Maybe a harder sponged H8-80 with 39° oder even 40° would solve this but that would be a very heavy rubber...Nonetheless it is a great rubber for someone wanting to try Chinese rubbers on FH but doesn't want to boost or break in rubbers like H3 or for H3 users that want something softer, where speed is easier unlocked and/or who don't need the higher spin that's possible with a H3.Will be interesting to see how the different sponges (22, 20 and 80) behave with the new topsheet when DHS releases the Hurricane 9.

That was and still is my impression especially with FastArc G-1 and C-1 on my BH... these rubbers want to be played in one and only one way but not how the user (at least me) wants to play with them. Not so with the H8-80 after getting used to it.

Same here (although not a lefty I get many balls to my BH because many opponents think that this is my weak side...). If your blade is fast enough or you're used to hit harder/a bit through the ball and into the sponge the H8-80 does neither lack speed nor spin. Although, for my liking, it could have a bit more speed/bounciness on low impact strokes. Spin sensitivity was quite high compared to a Vega Asia (fresh sheet and the first rubber that I compared the H8-80 to on my Hinotec Off-) in the first two training sessions even when compared to a boosted Hurricane 3 37 but not for long... Next ESN rubbers were BlueStorm Z2 and FastArc C-1 (the last usable ESN rubbers I had at hand): Z2 was less spin sensitive but not the C-1. Aggressive pushes were easier to do with the H8-80 than with the C-1 or Z2 as was the short game in general. Serves where easier to keep short and spinny, flicks were stable, and so on. It simply felt natural after adapting and I could play as I wanted to play. Just be a tiny bit more active when pushing, flicking or blocking etc.

In short: It is (for me/my backhand) fast enough, has the grip and spin that I need when thinly brushing, doesn't lack the low gears like many ESN rubbers (a H3 37 is still better in the short game but needs way more effort for the high gears) and most importantly: it is stable and reliable. It just does what I want. And as a bonus it is very durable. After three months the topsheet looks like crap and the sponge lost some quite substantial pieces at the edge but it still plays good. Unboosted...For the next training sessions this sheet will be boosted...
Pretty much can confirm everything.

The problem for the fh is the higher arc and lower rotation you can generate with it. While the 8-80 has a higher throw than the H3 you cant bring the ball down fast enough so it goes too wide for the fh. I mean if you hit weaker and are used to ESN on fh you might not have the problem.
In my case i missed many many many down the line topspins/finishers and found it hard to getting used to the angle i had to hold my racket to perform strong shots.

For myself i settled the 8-80 on my bh too, because it is fast enough, i get decent control with it and thanks to its tackiness i can play a strong shortgame with it. So overall i get a really strong package for 30€.

piligrim
05-06-2022, 10:45 PM
Sound like 3-50 is better choice then 8-80 ...

Attitude
05-07-2022, 07:24 AM
Sound like 3-50 is better choice then 8-80 ...
Depends for what.
Fh maybe.
Bh definitly not.

3-50 is way slower. Even boosted it is weaker. For bh you need a serious bh swing for most shots to make it work.

Zwill
05-07-2022, 12:41 PM
I think H8-80 works better with relatively hard and stiff blades. I would consider a Viscaria or that type of blade a relatively stiff and hard.
A typical VIS is around 1450Hz give or thake a few dozen Hz, on my Ice Cream AZX (which is kind of similar, just at 1550Hz) it is really good pairing on the ALC side. As I said before it is very rewarding on both sides if you can hit down on the blade and it's easier to do it on a hard and stiff blade. Put this on a very flexy blade and the blade will just flex away and vibrate. I can't imagine that to be any good.
Also a koto surface has the benefit of being pretty direct, it doesn't lift the ball much, which works well with H8-80 since this sheet can lift balls exceptionally.

What is really good that it is more stable to use against defenders or pips users than let's say a typical tensor rubber. It doesn't drop the ball in the net like tensor rubbers. At some point agianst pips everyone will thow some half-high balls and if it's smashed with pips it is super difficult to return with a tensor rubber. You would need to counter it with a topspin or at least a proper drive, but pips are very fast and have no curve so you don't have time for that. If you try to block with a tensor it will go in the net. H8-80 is very stable, it will not block the ball in the net.
Against long pips defenders if you do very spinny open ups they will curse and not understand why their chops are floating long all the time. And even if you get a high ball with super stong underspin you can smash it with H8-80, but it has to be a powerful smash, if it's half assed of course it will end up in the net.

Durability is very good too, just like some H3 can last for years, I experct this to last for a year at least. It's built like a tank.
With hurricanes even if you catch the corner of the table it is very unlikely that you will rip the topsheet. You can just buff out the mark lol.

Konrad Bak
05-07-2022, 02:14 PM
deleted

Zwill
05-07-2022, 02:34 PM
I will just quote you to catch your attention
Double Fish Qiji do you can elaborate about the rubber with your style which is very good for someone who knows something and want more, comparison of different rubbers etc.
or do you make review and something escapes me

I understand that koto outer artificial material is better for chinese rubbers because with limba sometimes the arc is too high or too long and passive strokes are very safe
Check here. (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?25644-Double-Fish-Quji-High-Bounce) If you have questions go ham.

I think limba is just too soft and slow down the ball too much. And with H8-80 you really don't need any more lifting by the blade, just a blade that pings the ball forward and H8-80 will take care of the arc.

Konrad Bak
05-07-2022, 04:35 PM
deleted

ttarc
05-10-2022, 06:14 PM
First session with my slightly boosted H8-80 37 (very thin layer/what was left in the Seamoon bottle): even better. Just that bit more lively/bouncy without being to soft or mushy. Quite loud on harder shots. Don't know why I didn't notice that before or if it got loud(er) because of that boosting...
Now I only have to convince my inner EJ to stop telling me to test Nexy Etika and Mizuno Q Quality ;)

Michael Zhuang
05-10-2022, 06:17 PM
Does H8 sponge react better to booster than H3?

ttarc
05-16-2022, 09:02 PM
Does H8 sponge react better to booster than H3?

H8-80 37 vs H3 37? Good question... I'm not sure if I have used the same amount of booster for the first layer nor can I rule out that the Seamoon remnants I used on the H8-80 had a weaker/stronger effect...

latej
05-17-2022, 07:37 AM
H8-80 37 vs H3 37? Good question... I'm not sure if I have used the same amount of booster for the first layer nor can I rule out that the Seamoon remnants I used on the H8-80 had a weaker/stronger effect...

H8-80 reacted a bit more to boosting than H3Neo H37, but not dramatically more. So harder H3, like e.g. H41, reacts more to boosting than H8-80. Note that H8-80 is a bit heavier, 72g uncut vs 63g for H3Neo H37.