Haifu Whale 2 & Imperial Factor X rubbers,

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi Everyone,

Just glued a sheet of Haifu Whale 2 (Tension) & Imperial Factor X Spin offence onto a Zhang Jike ALC blade 😀

Haifu Whale 2 (Tension)

30E6EAB7-B18C-4BB4-982F-5095AFA5C4EF.jpeg

You can see the thick layer of glue/booster
instructions on the packaging said to -
remove both protective film layers, the one on the sponge side was a thick stiff plastic film.
Allow booster to dry off for 5 minutes.
Apply water based glue to blade ONLY and then stick on the rubber, leave for a couple of hours before cutting.
After the sheet had been cut, the glue / booster layer was peeled off of the off cut with ease. I think it was more glue than booster. Seems to have adhered pretty well though.

Imperial Facror X spin offence

This rubber has a softer sponge, and had a protective film on the top sheet.

initial tackiness test

Haifu Whale 2 (Power) - minimal tackiness, ball held for less than 0.25 sec
Imperial Factor X - slightly tacky, ball held for 1 sec

Bounce test

Haifu Whale 2 - 8-10 bounces
Imperial Factor X - 4-5 bounces.

Back of packaging blurb says it has a sticky surface, so I was expecting the ball to be held for much longer than it was by the Whale 2, Sponge is a dark red, labelled as ‘hard’.
Front packaging below. Is this a dodgy sheet or Haifu’s attempt at a Tenergy clone?? I was expecting tacky!!!! With the Factor X less tacky !!!

63E7CE15-B9CF-40B8-AF0D-311FD66BE0EC.jpeg

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
"""""After the sheet had been cut, the glue / booster layer was peeled off of the off cut with ease. I think it was more glue than booster. Seems to have adhered pretty well though.""""

Yeah, agree re the glue.
My boosters all soak into the sponge and nothing is visible after a few hours.
I think they cover the sponge then with a couple of layers of glue to make the boost last while the rubbers are on the shop shelves 😁

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I prefer the whale 3. By the way, isn't Haifu not allowed to make rubbers anymore due to conflicts with ittf?
The shop I bought it from had it in the ‘clearance’ section so it was likely an old sheet!!
Played very fast on the ZJ ALC, sponge has a very good catapult effect. Shame the top sheet had little tackiness!!