Forehand flick

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
How i learn how to do hard and controlled forehand-flicks? what is the most important details in that technique? How does Ma Long do that flick?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The key is to stay low and keep your angle slightly closed. Aim for the back of the ball with your elbow below the ball or level with it. Then make sure to go forward and aim for the top of the net. Start out with a nice slow controlled stroke then produce more power by relaxing your wrist and snap it forward.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
All from the elbow, get your body weight into the table and down on your leg as it comes in under the table. Forearm should essentially start parallel to the table, elbow slightly lower than bat. Important to remember never to straighten your arm too much and to be firm, a soft flick won't get you anywhere if it makes it over the net.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I think on both bh and fh flicks, it is very important to do a complete stroke with follow through. IME it is easy to stop those strokes short because if you have incorrect technique, the ball will go long. So its important to get the brushing action right.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
All from the elbow, get your body weight into the table and down on your leg as it comes in under the table. Forearm should essentially start parallel to the table, elbow slightly lower than bat. Important to remember never to straighten your arm too much and to be firm, a soft flick won't get you anywhere if it makes it over the net.

Good post Matt. These are the important details.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
I like Both Videos!

The second video fails to emphasize the necessity to really step into the table and put your body weight forward into the ball.
A lot of players tend to flick with a stretched arm, already worrying about the next ball coming back.
If you don't move forward with your whole body, your flick will never be good...