729 super fx (black sheet with orange sponge)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hi everybody!

Yesterday I bought a new sheet (the 729 super fx black sheet).
And I realize that there is something wrong about the sponge color.
Normally they said that the sponge color of the red sheet is orange and the black one is blue.
IMG_0394.jpgIMG_0393.jpgIMG_0392.jpg
But look at the photos i took today!
This sheet has a orange colored sponge!
Can it be that this sheet is fake?

Can someone help me please?!

Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
hm... although I do recall in old days, we have yellow, orange, blue sponge for the black topsheet 729 series, among the player in my primary school. But I just forgot, it should be the regular 729 version.

However, since the 729 is so cheap, what's the point to fake this rubber lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
hm... although I do recall in old days, we have yellow, orange, blue sponge for the black topsheet 729 series, among the player in my primary school. But I just forgot, it should be the regular 729 version.

However, since the 729 is so cheap, what's the point to fake this rubber lol

Ya i know but the thing i'm worried about is that they could sell fake ones (which means that they could sell rubbers that can worn out pretty easily, or they can use low-quality glue to hold the sponge and the top sheet together!, etc.....

but thanks for the information about the sponge-color!

This user has no status.
Hi all,

i just played with a red 729 FX (2,1mm) with orange sponge and a black 729 FX (2,1mm) with blue sponge yesterday evening ! (from a mate in our club)

i found the orange sponge a bit more dynamic , so better for me , the black with blue sponge was slower, the blue sponge is indeed a bit harder, spin was very well for both rubbers :D , but all in all i find this 729 FX too slow, not good for half distance play.

i want to say that the Friendship NEW 729-2 sensor (which i have in red 1,8 mm) is A LOT more dynamic and plays well in half distance also, i really got to like this rubber very much, because it can chop, block, topspin, smash very well with good feeling on my Stiga Tube Allround wood. (i did boost it with 5 layers of paraffine oil ,but 3 months ago, so this effect must be very light now)

this combination is really VERY good and the best i have ever played with (i think this Friendship 729-2 sensor needs a blade that has some flex because the rubber is quite hard)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hi everybody!

Yesterday I bought a new sheet (the 729 super fx black sheet).
And I realize that there is something wrong about the sponge color.
Normally they said that the sponge color of the red sheet is orange and the black one is blue.
View attachment 2159View attachment 2160View attachment 2161
But look at the photos i took today!
This sheet has a orange colored sponge!
Can it be that this sheet is fake?

Can someone help me please?!

Thanks

Not to worry. It is normal for Chinese rubber that come with orange sponge and all these rubbers are marketed for commercial purposes. You only can get to see really blue sponge Chinese rubber when you watch them play in tournaments.