Please advise if there is a cheap Chinese rubber for competition?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I am playing at the USATT ~1500 level and have tried both the tacky Yinhe/Galaxy Jupiter 2 and the Yinhe Moon (tensor, not tacky) rubber. I concluded that I am not going tacky (it attracts dust and for me wasn't worth the trouble) so I am playing competitions with the Yinhe Moon 2mm medium sponge. I have also played with the Nittaku FastArc G-1 (3x the cost) and the Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft (and non-Soft) and they are comparable, i.e. I can play with either one with a few minutes prep. I really like that the Yinhe Moon comes with the glue already applied in a sealed package whereas say on the Nittaku FastArc I have to apply the glue myself. Also the Yinhe rubbers come with a protective sheet included. On the backhand I am playing the short pips Yinhe Uranus Pro medium rubber which is comparable to the Nittaku Moristo SP (which I also have a few sheets of). I have a couple of Yinhe blades (Sanwei & Yasaka too), and for now my competition blade is the Yinhe Purple Dragon 437 (similar to Stiga Clipper classic).
princett.com ships from Hong Kong (by air mail, 2-4 weeks to ship to the USA) and my competition combo is about $60 everything included.
I have also tried the Yinhe Pro 01 which is their Viscaria structure blade but right now it's too crispy & fast for me. The Cypress (similar to Hinoki) top blades are fun to play too, I like the Yinhe T7s.

So no need to break the bank, I have to develop a lot more feeling for the blade & ball before I feel the difference between a Yinhe Moon and a Butterfly Dignics (I've played it once).

Reactions: Hasna Haura Hayfa
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
How cheap is cheap?
Commercial versions of DHS H2Neo, H3Neo are about €20 or under, H3/H2 and Skyline 3 €17 ish. G555, G666 and G888 €14
Frindship 729 make good rubbers as well, Battle2 is €20ish, 729-08ES €18, RITC 729 €9
prices taken from TT11 website.
Loki N80 €18ish, is another good rubber.
Checkout Aliexpress, loads of rubbers at good prices, check the store ratings and feedback to make sure the store you buy from has a good rep.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
Hi,

If by Cheap Chinese rubber, you mean, ones that're produced by Chinese brands, then do look @ Palio AK-47 Blue, and Palio AK-47- Red. These are completely non-tacky... more like Euro/Jap style rubbers

Also, +1 for Yinhe Moon Speed

However, if you mean Chinese Style Tacky rubbers, then, look at
  • DHS Neo 3 Hurricane
  • DHS Hurricane 3
  • Friendship/729 Bloom Series (Several options)

If you want something, that's a mix of both, Chinese-style and Euro/Jap style then, try Palio HK1977 Gold

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I have heard some bad stories about Aliexpress, just how reliable is it for table tennis rubber?

So far, I've placed about 4 orders via Aliexpress, using maybe 3 different stores/sellers, All orders complete, legit and within a reasonable time. just depends what you call reasonable min 3 - 4 weeks roughly to UK.
Not to say they are perfect, make sure that they have stock, or stock in sponge thickness that you want. This is the only small issue I had.
Store took order and money for rubbers with 2.1mm sponge, then a couple of days later had a message from the seller saying they only had 1.8mm sponge in stock, asked if I wanted to cancel or go ahead with 1.8mm sponge. At least they asked BEFORE dispatching. I went with the 1.8mm!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Yinhe Jupiter III
V5 tornado tornado reactor
Loki Rxton 5
Which one is good?

Notes:
my blade is sanwei Paramid

Please advise if there is a cheap Chinese rubber for competition?

Jupiter 3 is good
reactor is rubbish
Rxton 5 is ok.

How cheap are you looking? H3 commercial is cheap.
Jupiter 2 is less than hathanhe price.
mercury 2 is even cheaper.