Which Butterfly blade is suitable for beginners?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hello Guys,

I have recently started playing and am about to join a local club. I have been doing quite a lot of research on Blades and rubbers but cant really figure out which one to get. Butterfly has really taken me in, so im highly favoured to buy from them. I have been taking the BOLL ZLC into closer consideration along with Tenergy or sriver rubbers.

Im fully aware that this choice is a complete overkill and that I could get off with a quality blade a lot cheaper.

Is the blade suitable for a beginner in a way that it wont interfere with my progress?
Which rubbers should I buy?

Thanks for your answers and have great day!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Boll ZLC for a beginner? 😳 Definitely NOT.
You should buy a Primorac and pair it with Sriver or maybe a thin Rozena, but no Boll ZLC and no Tenergy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2021
Read 1 reviews
A hard no, to any carbon blade and/or to any Tenergy or even tensor rubber.. not for beginners

If you can get your hands on a Butterfly Joyner-H, then, nothing like it .. Sadly, those are out of production. You'll find them for-sale on forums..

Hadraw SK could be another option.. .. Then, there's also Boll Allround, and Grubba All+ (Not sure, if this is still in production) ..

I would recommend the all-wood Primorac, or even Petr Korbe, over any carbon/composite blade..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

If you're set on a Butterfly blade then either of the Primorac or the Korbel would be a good call. Also, because these two are very well recognised blades, you'll have no trouble selling them if you ever want to switch to a 5+2 composite in the future.

Regarding rubbers: Sriver or Tackiness Drive are good options for a beginner. Remember, not all that long ago Sriver was the preferred (non-Chinese) rubber of most of the top players in the world - so it's not as if you'd be 'settling' for a low-grade product. Tackiness Drive didn't have the same market success as Sriver, but it's just as good a rubber - it just plays slightly differently. Back then I actually preferred it.

Last edited:

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Rozena is the way to go if you want a Butterfly rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Rozena is the way to go if you want a Butterfly rubber.

I think so too. Sriver is outdated, not designed for 40mm ball, not to mention 40+ plastic ball post speedglue era.

Has anyone tried BTY CAF? The control assist fiber has any actual advantage or is butterfly straight up lying with the name?

This user has no status.

I think so too. Sriver is outdated, not designed for 40mm ball, not to mention 40+ plastic ball post speedglue era.

Has anyone tried BTY CAF? The control assist fiber has any actual advantage or is butterfly straight up lying with the name?

well you can see video about BTY CAF review by Kenta Matsudaira

Hello Guys,

I have recently started playing and am about to join a local club. I have been doing quite a lot of research on Blades and rubbers but cant really figure out which one to get. Butterfly has really taken me in, so im highly favoured to buy from them. I have been taking the BOLL ZLC into closer consideration along with Tenergy or sriver rubbers.

Im fully aware that this choice is a complete overkill and that I could get off with a quality blade a lot cheaper.

Is the blade suitable for a beginner in a way that it wont interfere with my progress?
Which rubbers should I buy?

Thanks for your answers and have great day!

Am asking out of curiosity - what was it about Butterfly that has taken you in over other brands? I've never played with Butterfly gear before. Am a sucker for the Chinese gear (being Chinese myself haha). My latest blade (Stiga) is the first time I've strayed away from Chinese gear.

Last edited:
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
All the others posting have got if nailed down, All wood blade to start with and one that’s not too fast.
Rubbers, again not too fast a rating for speed.
Tibhar Aurus Sound, is a good rubber, BTY Rozena, Xiom vega Asia DF, Yasaka Rakza 7/7soft, all in thinner sponge versions 1.8/1.9 or at a push 2.0 mm

This user has no status.
Blade
Butterfly: Petr Korbel or Primorac
Donic: Persson Power Allround
Stiga: Allround Classic
Yasaka: Sweden Extra
DHS: Power G7​​​​​​

Rubber
Butterfly: Sriver
Yasaka: Mark V
Friendship/729: 729-02

I think that's enough for beginners.If someone said your racket/blade/rubbers are too slow, just ignore them. 😁

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Somebody let me try his Harimoto Innerforce, and it was super flimsy and bouncy. It felt really strange and unreliable. My shots were just flying everywhere.

Is that normal?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Somebody let me try his Harimoto Innerforce, and it was super flimsy and bouncy. It felt really strange and unreliable. My shots were just flying everywhere.

Is that normal?

Is this a joke 🤣🤣🤣
If you do actually feel it’s too fast. You’re probably good enough to not ask this sort of question.
I’ve never seen a beginner complaining a carbon blade too fast. I loved Sardius when I started. Lucky it was just too expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

Is this a joke 🤣🤣🤣
If you do actually feel it’s too fast. You’re probably good enough to not ask this sort of question.
I’ve never seen a beginner complaining a carbon blade too fast. I loved Sardius when I started. Lucky it was just too expensive.

Â

We are both same level, about 1500 player. But i dont like the way his blade plays.Â