What are all the factory-tuned Chinese rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I believe factory tuned rubbers include:

Hurricane 3 Neo
Battle 2?
Big Dipper

What are all the confirmed factory tuned Chinese rubbers?

Â

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Other than a lot of speculation, neither the factory nor anybody else has ever produced any evidence or statement that
the NEO are factory tuned.
Just because the neos come packed different to the normal H3 and are covered in glue is not prove of any boosting.

The factory will never admit such a thing as after all boosting is prohibited by ITTF.

Apart from that: All sponges are tuned 😁

Reactions: bobpuls
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
H3 Neo is boosted.
I've had a friend of mine telling me that. That's the fish smell of them when they come out of the package. That's also why they are vacuum sealed in their package. This way, the booster doesn't evaporate between factory and paddle assembly.

just because it smells different, is covered with glue and in a vacuum pack is no real evidence that its been boosted.
Boosting normally only lasts a few weeks (at best) but my neo's play the same for months. It is simply a different
sponge, like the H3-50 and -80 also have a different sponge.

Reactions: bobpuls
Almost all rubber today are factory boosted. Factory boosting is not necessarily illegal because there is a maximum parts per liter for vocs. Without factory boosting, rubbers can only do so much.

Reactions: bobpuls and lodro
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
H3 Neo is boosted.
I've had a friend of mine telling me that. That's the fish smell of them when they come out of the package. That's also why they are vacuum sealed in their package. This way, the booster doesn't evaporate between factory and paddle assembly.

Booster doesn't smell. That smell is common also for non neo version of dhs rubbers...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020

Booster doesn't smell. That smell is common also for non neo version of dhs rubbers...

Likely the way it’s packed concentrates the smell (sponge covered by glue plus vacuum sealed). Normal H3 is aired better. If I keep my H3 in a bag for too long, it gets more smelly as well. Also boosting brings out some more smell (more evaporation?), but it’s not booster’s smell.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020

just because it smells different, is covered with glue and in a vacuum pack is no real evidence that its been boosted.
Boosting normally only lasts a few weeks (at best) but my neo's play the same for months. It is simply a different
sponge, like the H3-50 and -80 also have a different sponge.

It’s boosted but very light. I remember DHS representative said somewhere. I felt no difference either. 1 thin layer of falco makes a hell lot more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 1 reviews

The definition of a boosted rubber contains that the sponge is expanded. If that is the case the rubber has to be curved at least to a certain extent.

That is not the case for any of the Hurricane versions.

Besides that, what is the point of the debate if it is factory tuned or not. Everything happening in the making of a rubber is legal. Otherwise the rubber would be delisted and wouldnt get the ittf symbol.
So why even bother about that topic?

• Love
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

The definition of a boosted rubber contains that the sponge is expanded. If that is the case the rubber has to be curved at least to a certain extent.

That is not the case for any of the Hurricane versions.

Besides that, what is the point of the debate if it is factory tuned or not. Everything happening in the making of a rubber is legal. Otherwise the rubber would be delisted and wouldnt get the ittf symbol.
So why even bother about that topic?

Baby Oil also curls the Hurricane rubber to the same angle of curl. But does it have the same effect as real booster oil?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

Yes and no. Yes it does have a "boosting" effect but that effect is not as durable as haifu-oil or Falco.

One might have to do some research and compare every commercially available booster against Johnson baby oil.
I know we are going ""off-topic"" here and it is all bit of a joke but "WHAT THE HELL"" why not:

Baby oil proved to last longer and has the same effects as SEAMOON-booster...........QED.

Seamoon booster DOES INDEED STINK.
When I first opened the bottle my "knee-jerk " reaction was 10- 50 synthetic motor bike oil 😁
OK, I know your are going say :"This man has much too much free time on his hand"
I went out to my garage, got some of the above mentioned oil and applied a thin layer to an old rubber = rubber curled.
I did this 3 times and had a boosted rubber.
NEXT : I mixed half/half motor oil with baby oil. This is a great booster , smells nice and lasts longer than the SEAMOON booster.
Actually, I boosted a NEO 39 this way and it got so fast i had to glue it on to a slower blade.
I have now added a couple of drops ""essence of frankincense"" and a very small amount of pink dye to the mix so now all the orange sponges come out a bit pink. 😁
Shit, I really do have too much time on my hands 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

One might have to do some research and compare every commercially available booster against Johnson baby oil.
I know we are going ""off-topic"" here and it is all bit of a joke but "WHAT THE HELL"" why not:

Baby oil proved to last longer and has the same effects as SEAMOON-booster...........QED.

Seamoon booster DOES INDEED STINK.
When I first opened the bottle my "knee-jerk " reaction was 10- 50 synthetic motor bike oil 😁
OK, I know your are going say :"This man has much too much free time on his hand"
I went out to my garage, got some of the above mentioned oil and applied a thin layer to an old rubber = rubber curled.
I did this 3 times and had a boosted rubber.
NEXT : I mixed half/half motor oil with baby oil. This is a great booster , smells nice and lasts longer than the SEAMOON booster.
Actually, I boosted a NEO 39 this way and it got so fast i had to glue it on to a slower blade.
I have now added a couple of drops ""essence of frankincense"" and a very small amount of pink dye to the mix so now all the orange sponges come out a bit pink. 😁
Shit, I really do have too much time on my hands 😁

So can you rank the best booster effects between Seamoon, Baby oil, bike oil?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

This is a H2 sheet i have that i applied baby oil to. It curled up a lot, but it doesnt feel any faster really. Does the stretching itself provide the speed effect?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

This is a H2 sheet i have that i applied baby oil to. It curled up a lot, but it doesnt feel any faster really. Does the stretching itself provide the speed effect?
I can have a guess.:::::::: Considering that the manual suggests that we let the rubber stretch itself after it has curled from the booster application
my answer would be NO. The booster is likely to create some chemical changes to the sponge and it is this change that will alter its performance .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I can have a guess.:::::::: Considering that the manual suggests that we let the rubber stretch itself after it has curled from the booster application
my answer would be NO. The booster is likely to create some chemical changes to the sponge and it is this change that will alter its performance .

I dont have a motor bike or motor oil. I dunno if its worth it to go and buy motor oil just to make your mix.