Tenergy 05 or Neo hurricane 3?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
i'm still deciding which to buy for my forehand. i heard that the tenergy 05 is really fast and has great spin, but i'm worried that it might be too fast. i also heard that the neo hurricane 3 has great feel, great spin and control. so i'm trying to find out which one is better for a Timo Boll Spirit blade. what do you guys think? if i do get the tenergy 05, what's better, tenergy 05 or tenergy 05 FX? thanks again guys. :D

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
i would go fx its got a bit more control and its made to go with spirit but if you should go for h3 if you base your game on looping

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
it's like you are trying to compare a chair and a table. They are thoroughly different in terms of spin/speed-generating principles.

Tenergy is tension and grippy while h3 is Chinese rubber which is extremely sticky - even Neo series.

I suggest you borrow both of them, try on your favorite blade and decide what suits your technique and interest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
it's like you are trying to compare a chair and a table. They are thoroughly different in terms of spin/speed-generating principles.

Tenergy is tension and grippy while h3 is Chinese rubber which is extremely sticky - even Neo series.

I suggest you borrow both of them, try on your favorite blade and decide what suits your technique and interest.

Thanks, that's really great advice. what do you think would suit a timo boll spirit blade more? :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I havent known what your playing style yet. If your forehand stroke tends to be "thick" (directly and pretty straightly in the ball), you are more European style, so you should stick with tension rubbers like donic jo gold/platin x1, andro plasma or BTF bryce speed, BTF ternegy.

However, if you tends to hit the ball "thin" (more friction, less power, hit the ball on edge), you should consider chinese rubbers because those generates speed basing on spin. This first sounds ridiculous but try it and feel it. Remember, most importantly, when playing Chinese rubbers, the technique must be altered. You should throw your entire forehand body (including arm, waist and shoulder). It's somehow too complex to describe by words, just research Malong's forehand technique and you'll discover a whole new world of table tennis. Moreover, you must be sure that you can play "genuine" chinese rubbers, stay away from "market" ones.

To conclude, if you are playing tension rubbers effectively, just stay! Otherwise, you're not satisfied or want to discover something new, try "real" Chinese rubbers, especially H3 Neo

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I havent known what your playing style yet. If your forehand stroke tends to be "thick" (directly and pretty straightly in the ball), you are more European style, so you should stick with tension rubbers like donic jo gold/platin x1, andro plasma or BTF bryce speed, BTF ternegy.

However, if you tends to hit the ball "thin" (more friction, less power, hit the ball on edge), you should consider chinese rubbers because those generates speed basing on spin. This first sounds ridiculous but try it and feel it. Remember, most importantly, when playing Chinese rubbers, the technique must be altered. You should throw your entire forehand body (including arm, waist and shoulder). It's somehow too complex to describe by words, just research Malong's forehand technique and you'll discover a whole new world of table tennis. Moreover, you must be sure that you can play "genuine" chinese rubbers, stay away from "market" ones.

To conclude, if you are playing tension rubbers effectively, just stay! Otherwise, you're not satisfied or want to discover something new, try "real" Chinese rubbers, especially H3 Neo

This is all very true. In addition, you have not told us what your level is or how long you have been playing. If you have learned so far on any non-Chinese rubbers, and have played for a long time, you should know that playing with a Hurricane rubber will require fairly substantial modification of your technique as Kruno notes. It is actually a quite big change, and it's not going to happen immediately and not without some frustration and a lot of work on your part. If you are not willing to make a big commitment to this, as Kruno says, you should stay put. With respect to one of your questions, you can use a TBS blade with either type of rubber. (It is one of the great blades ever made). However Tenergy and Hurricane are so different that the blade almost doesn't matter, it will play completely differently depending on which one you choose.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
This is all very true. In addition, you have not told us what your level is or how long you have been playing. If you have learned so far on any non-Chinese rubbers, and have played for a long time, you should know that playing with a Hurricane rubber will require fairly substantial modification of your technique as Kruno notes. It is actually a quite big change, and it's not going to happen immediately and not without some frustration and a lot of work on your part. If you are not willing to make a big commitment to this, as Kruno says, you should stay put. With respect to one of your questions, you can use a TBS blade with either type of rubber. (It is one of the great blades ever made). However Tenergy and Hurricane are so different that the blade almost doesn't matter, it will play completely differently depending on which one you choose.

oh, thanks for the advice. I've been playing on Joola xplode senitive. so i'm used to the european type of style more i guess. is changing to the neo hurricane 3 a huge change? If i'll have a hard time changing styles, maybe it's best just changing to tenergy. thanks man!

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
oh, thanks for the advice. I've been playing on Joola xplode senitive. so i'm used to the european type of style more i guess. is changing to the neo hurricane 3 a huge change? If i'll have a hard time changing styles, maybe it's best just changing to tenergy. thanks man!

Huge doesn't begin to describe how different it is.