Differen Tenergies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Hi

I have a big problem. In the past, I bought a couple of times t25fx(triply),t64fx(double) and recentry my best rubber became t05 fx.
I I have tested it on different sets (from my friends) and it was amazing. But Now : when he bought it because I decided that I will play them just as in t64fx, t25fx my bouth tenergies 05 fx were different. Very different from those who were my friends. I am embarrassed that such a great company like butterfly does so dissimilar facings.
Is it possible that maybe there are fake tenergy from the main distributor in my country?
Can I just had bad luck?
Are the other rubbers the butterfly is also so bad?
Please reply.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Dan- thanks but my tenergy has red sponge :)
WiWa- I tested t05 fx's on one blade (only) , but..

Please, maybe We can solve this problem.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The Butterfly products, Tenergy in particular, that I have tried have been very consistent.

Here are factors that could be at play:

It could be a fake that you received.

It could be that the blade you tried Tenergy 05 FX on is different enough from the blade you own that it did not work well with your blade.

It could be that, the Tenergy 05 FX you tried and liked was boosted or that the glue used was different or both.

The Tenergy you received could have been old or exposed to heat or cold while stored by the distributor.

As a general thing, Butterfly has the highest prices of any Table Tennis company. However, they have very solid quality control so that, the vast majority of the time, products like Tenergy are very consistent.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Hi!

Carl - thanks for answer. But point 1,2,3 can't be true.
1) Not fake, because red sponge(Dan's link)
2) I tested on only one blade T05fx from friends, and when i buy for me next t05 fx , it was very bad.
3) I know that my tested t05 fx was once glued on the same water glue

but 4) I don't know. My bought t05 fx looks like other tenergies ( I think..)

And now I don't know? Maybe butterfly products like tenergy aren't very consistent?

Maybe someone also met with that accident?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi!

Carl - thanks for answer. But point 1,2,3 can't be true.
1) Not fake, because red sponge(Dan's link)
2) I tested on only one blade T05fx from friends, and when i buy for me next t05 fx , it was very bad.
3) I know that my tested t05 fx was once glued on the same water glue

but 4) I don't know. My bought t05 fx looks like other tenergies ( I think..)

And now I don't know? Maybe butterfly products like tenergy aren't very consistent?

Maybe someone also met with that accident?

I don't know, the color of the sponge of a counterfeit Tenergy from a year ago does not tell if this one is a counterfeit or not. Butterfly has the best quality control of all the companies out there. I have hit with sooooo many different Tenergy rubbers. The real ones were good. I bet there are lots of versions of fake Tenergy out there and, that, as Butterfly has gotten better at trying to prevent this, like the barcode on the back and the 7 digit lazar code on the front of the packaging, the people who make the counterfeits have gotten better at making the fakes look like the real thing. Although that thread is extremely useful, it came from September 2011. Things might have changed by now in how they are making the fake stuff.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Maybe you right. I think that I got worse 2x tenergies and this is all problem. That is very stupid because tenergies cost a lot.., and now 1) I haven't money 2) and I can replace my tenergies for other..
p.s
I think that tibhar makes reproducible rubbers than butterfly's tenergies :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
Maybe you right. I think that I got worse 2x tenergies and this is all problem. That is very stupid because tenergies cost a lot.., and now 1) I haven't money 2) and I can replace my tenergies for other..
p.s
I think that tibhar makes reproducible rubbers than butterfly's tenergies :)

Hello, I'm new on this forum, and I'd like something: Have you bought in on Aliexpress ? From where did you buy it ? China ?