PDA

View Full Version : Haifu Seamoon Booster vs other boosters

TTFrenzy
04-07-2012, 08:32 PM
http://ttnpp.com/shop/haifu-seamoon-booster-solubility-bond-28023199782612626376-p-557.html

probably its brand new product , at least i have never seen it before . Has anyone tried it ? any reviews ? Is it better / worse than dian chi?

judah000
04-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Think it is a strong booster cause it only allows 1-2 layers.

Trinita
04-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Nobody tried it yet ? Do Pros use it instead of Dianchi ? Which is best:
Seamoon, New Haifu booster, Dianchi ?

TTFrenzy
06-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Hello again , i gave it a shot and after putting 2 thin layers i took 2 photos ! 1st is after 6 hours 2nd after 8 hours . This booster has 250 ml and its 7 $ cheaper than dian chi (130 ml)

photo 1 , 6 hours 2338

photo 2 , 8 hours 2339

Giangt
06-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Wow pretty strong stuff!!! Is the effect as good as Dian Chi? BTW is that a normal day at the office ;)

TTFrenzy
06-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Wow pretty strong stuff!!! Is the effect as good as Dian Chi? BTW is that a normal day at the office ;)

i havent played with the rubber yet ! as soon as i play with it i will post the results . judging just from the curl of the rubber then this booster is more strong than dian chi . if it lasts for the same amount of time (1 month) as dian chi , then , haifu seamoon is better and cheaper...stay tuned for more results

Giangt
06-23-2012, 12:38 PM
i havent played with the rubber yet ! as soon as i play with it i will post the results . judging just from the curl of the rubber then this booster is more strong than dian chi . if it lasts for the same amount of time (1 month) as dian chi , then , haifu seamoon is better and cheaper...stay tuned for more results

Looking forward to hear more! :) Get on with it mate!!! ;)

MaLinAkAKilly
06-27-2012, 07:13 AM
This booster is very good. Most of the pro's in Europe are using this kind of booster.

http://killypong.be/product/Table_Tennis_Bio_Booster_100ml

decoy
06-29-2012, 03:23 AM
interesting how with this one you dont have to have the glue layer to apply the stuff.. handy for keeping rubber weight down

TTFrenzy
06-29-2012, 01:53 PM
interesting how with this one you dont have to have the glue layer to apply the stuff.. handy for keeping rubber weight down

u mean for haifu seamoon booster ? boosters like dian chi or seamoon can be applied either before or after the glue layer

TTFrenzy
06-29-2012, 02:05 PM

u mean for haifu seamoon booster ? boosters like dian chi or seamoon can be applied either before or after the glue layer so its not a big deal :P

decoy
06-30-2012, 12:45 PM
someone was saying that for dian chi you shouldnt be applying straight to sponge. as either nothign will happen or the sponge will stay oily for ever and becomes a mess.. one or the the other cant remember

TTFrenzy
07-04-2012, 12:23 AM
ok so i played yesterday with the rubber . I glued it onto an old yasaka gatien extra blade and it was pretty fast ! This booster really rocks , on another test i also made with dian chi boosted rubbers i noticed that haifu seamoon is much better (results below) . The only dangerous thing is that experimenting with this booster i found that if you put too much , the rubber is gonna be faster or thicker than expected . So take care of the layers to be really thin each time you boost . I recommend 3 very thin layers first time and then 1 layer each time you reboost . Layers must be even more thin compared to dian chi

on the rebound test i made on the gatien extra blade , haifu boosted rubber rebounds approximately 1 cm more than dian chi (check dian chi topic) compared to a boosted h3 on a timo boll alc blade which is very fast compared to gatien extra !

decoy
07-04-2012, 02:09 AM
thats sound great, how about speed in comparison to control and spin?? is there to much of one without the other?

UpSideDownCarl
07-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Does anyone have any idea what chemicals are this booster. Is it VOCs, or is it some synthetic substance that causes the sponge to expand. I would expect that it is some form of solvent. Any idea of whether it is harmful to your health to inhale the fumes from this? Do you need to apply it in a well ventilated area?

TTFrenzy
07-05-2012, 10:37 PM
thats sound great, how about speed in comparison to control and spin?? is there to much of one without the other?

the effect is similar to dian chi and a bit faster but with same spin , control is very good also .

@ carl i dont know the chemicals but i dont think it has voc because i smell it and if it has then they exist in a very very very small proportion . it stinks a bit bad though , couldnt smell it for more than 5 seconds . i dont think ventilated areas do much of a difference , i suppose instructions would exist if that was the case.

anyway it smells similar to dian chi only but with a much more strong scent

UpSideDownCarl
07-08-2012, 04:10 PM
the effect is similar to dian chi and a bit faster but with same spin , control is very good also .

@ carl i dont know the chemicals but i dont think it has voc because i smell it and if it has then they exist in a very very very small proportion . it stinks a bit bad though , couldnt smell it for more than 5 seconds . i dont think ventilated areas do much of a difference , i suppose instructions would exist if that was the case.

anyway it smells similar to dian chi only but with a much more strong scent

Interesting. Thanks for the info. It does look like it works well. I wonder what they are using that expands the sponge that much. It is kind of cool that they have figured out how to do that without VOCs.

leedeyuan2
07-10-2012, 10:07 PM
boosters doesn't make the rubber faster. It only soften the sponge and make the rubber has a 'springy' feeling because it stretches the rubber.

Trinita
07-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Any new impressions about the Seamoon booster ? I'd like a comparison if someone has tried them all: Haifu oil --> Dianchi --> Seamoon --> Haifu new booster ! :p

Q: Anybody has the feel that when you have boosted your H3N Prov a second time, it's not like when you first tuned it ? the sponge expands again and the feeling becomes harder cause the sponge is so tensed... I loved my 39° when freshly tuned, but when I did it a second time 1 month later, it was different... Almost the same happened with my 38°, but even if it's the third time I apply dianchi on it, it still good, but a bit hard. I totally understand why chinese pro players throw away their sheets after the first tuning.

TTFrenzy
07-13-2012, 12:52 PM
i played with it in wednesday in a very small training session and its effect is similar to dian chi so i will go with seamoon all the way because is cheaper and has the double amount of oil in the bottle !

i dont quite understand what you are saying about the sponge getting harder , after boosting the sponge gets softer and the topsheet is more elastic , after 3 boosts (in a 3 month perios) with dian chi in my old H3 neo rubber it doesnt even need to boost it again ! the topsheet is still tensed and more elastic and the tackiness still exists in very good percentage compared to a new rubber ! ive cleaned it good and then let the paddle onto a ball and after 10 minutes it picked it up for 2 whole seconds ! gotta love h3 rubbers :P

UpSideDownCarl
07-13-2012, 03:13 PM
i played with it in wednesday in a very small training session and its effect is similar to dian chi so i will go with seamoon all the way because is cheaper and has the double amount of oil in the bottle !

This does look like it is probably the best booster product out there: both from the perspective of effect and price.

After you apply the booster, how long are you waiting before you put your rubber onto the blade?

Have you tried this on other rubbers with Euro/Japanese sponge? I wonder what the effect would be on that kind of rubber.

TTFrenzy
07-13-2012, 04:12 PM
i havent tried it on my xiom elite because its tensor and i dont wanna mess it more ! when i try it in other euro/jap rubbers i will post more results

UpSideDownCarl
07-13-2012, 06:16 PM
i havent tried it on my xiom elite because its tensor and i dont wanna mess it more ! when i try it in other euro/jap rubbers i will post more results

Yeah, I was wondering what Butterfly Sriver and Joola Mambo would play like with that. With speed glue, those rubbers both play great. So, if they play well on this, it might be fun to use the old school rubbers.

decoy
07-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I was wondering what Butterfly Sriver and Joola Mambo would play like with that. With speed glue, those rubbers both play great. So, if they play well on this, it might be fun to use the old school rubbers.

aye thast what im hoping for . sriver and H3/TG3

Trinita
07-15-2012, 03:51 AM
I have to get a bottle. If knew about it sooner I would have bought this intead of Dianchi which is a pain in the ass to use (never sure if the layers are dry before applying the next one, too much waiting, never flatten down, expensive, differencies between old and new logo on the bottle: I have both and the results are not quite the same + the color, consistency and smell of the liquid are slightly different).

Did somebody tried the Haifu Oil ? Can you compare it to the next generation either Seamoon or Haifu new booster ? Thanks

UpSideDownCarl
07-15-2012, 05:18 AM
I have to get a bottle. If knew about it sooner I would have bought this intead of Dianchi which is a pain in the ass to use (never sure if the layers are dry before applying the next one, too much waiting, never flatten down, expensive, differencies between old and new logo on the bottle: I have both and the results are not quite the same + the color, consistency and smell of the liquid are slightly different).

Did somebody tried the Haifu Oil ? Can you compare it to the next generation either Seamoon or Haifu new booster ? Thanks

I thought Haifu Oil was VOCs, basically like speed glue. I could be wrong, but I though Haifu Oil was hazardous chemicals that evaporate like torch oil.

Trinita
07-16-2012, 01:42 PM
I thought Haifu Oil was VOCs, basically like speed glue. I could be wrong, but I though Haifu Oil was hazardous chemicals that evaporate like torch oil.

Oh really ? Didn't know that.
It's hard to find people on forums that know well this product, by the time TT players (outside of China) started to use Hurricane 3 and found out that it's a pretty hard rubber that needs to be boosted or speed glued, Haifu was out of production and replaced by Dianchi.

Wiseman
08-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Seamoon booster, boosting effect, how long time effect last?.

kozuta1193
11-12-2012, 04:03 PM
Is seamoon booster really voc free, I cannot use boosters that are...

bachikho
11-13-2012, 02:42 AM
how long does it's effect last?

XIII
11-13-2012, 04:03 AM
Why are people still using boosters? O_O
Everyone knows it's illegal to use tuning and boosters

LethalForehand
04-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Well, no instruction says its harmful, but here is a hint. Dianchi smells exactly like vacuum oil that I use in the lab, and thats said to be neurotoxic, so its not friendly stuff. When I tried the vacuum oil directly, it did not give me the same effect, so I think there is something else also in dianchi. Also, vacuum oil is thicker, maybe its mixed with something lighter for dianchi. I use it in ventillated areas.

revulucao
04-10-2013, 06:28 PM
where you can find those kind of products? I only know PROTT

hipnotic
04-10-2013, 07:39 PM
http://ttnpp.com/shop/booster-c-32.html

revulucao
04-10-2013, 08:05 PM
and which one should i buy?

TTFrenzy
04-10-2013, 08:32 PM
I suggest haifu, same effect but cheaper than dian chi. It also has 120ml more in the bottle, totally worths the money!

revulucao
04-10-2013, 08:59 PM
but i have a problem ahah Tshirts from PROTT, booster from TTNPP...it was better if they came from the same place

MDanielCRO
05-30-2013, 09:21 AM
I don't have time to read everything, but does anyone has an idea, how do you glue rubber when it gets so curl? Can you make it go straight easily or what? please reply, thank you! P.S. does it work well with tenergys? And how about tensor rubbers?

huri
05-30-2013, 01:40 PM
You need to wait till the curl lowers back down ... or at least a to a state when you are able to glue it to the blade. As for tenergies it will have some effect but not so great as with chineese stuff. Dunno about tensors. Last time i used some they weren't good for boosting.

MDanielCRO
05-30-2013, 06:08 PM
You need to wait till the curl lowers back down ... or at least a to a state when you are able to glue it to the blade. As for tenergies it will have some effect but not so great as with chineese stuff. Dunno about tensors. Last time i used some they weren't good for boosting.

How long will it take? Okay thank you very much :)

Alborz
05-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Why are people still using boosters? O_O
Everyone knows it's illegal to use tuning and boosters

i think you are joking ;)
almost all of the pros boost so why we mustn't boost ?
ITTF banned boosting rubbers out of factory because :
1 - Manufacturers can boost the rubbers in the factory for pros so pros face no problem .
2 - we have to buy more expensive factory tuned rubbers like Tenergies , Bluefires , etc .

huri
05-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Depends on the rubber and how much you put on... for example hurricane with 3 layers of Seamon about a week. On the other hand friendship 729 08 also with three initial layers took 3 days so it s hard to generalize :D

matzreenzi
03-06-2014, 08:22 PM
As for reboost as concerned in which after the effect of boosting is kind of wear off a little bit, should I just put another layer (1 layer) on existing water-based glue (i use nittaku fine zip btw) or should i remove the wbg residue before applying the reboosting layer?...btw i use seamoon booster...ty in advance..

MDanielCRO
03-07-2014, 07:27 AM
As for reboost as concerned in which after the effect of boosting is kind of wear off a little bit, should I just put another layer (1 layer) on existing water-based glue (i use nittaku fine zip btw) or should i remove the wbg residue before applying the reboosting layer?...btw i use seamoon booster...ty in advance..

You don't have to remove the glue layer

matzreenzi
03-07-2014, 07:58 PM
You don't have to remove the glue layer

Tried it without removing the glue (1 layer of seamoon booster) and i noticed that the rubber didn't curl like the first time the booster is applied...it is normal or the booster just cannot penetrate the glue into the sponge???

MDanielCRO
03-08-2014, 04:21 AM
Tried it without removing the glue (1 layer of seamoon booster) and i noticed that the rubber didn't curl like the first time the booster is applied...it is normal or the booster just cannot penetrate the glue into the sponge???

Ou put too thin layer, try putting one more and rubber should become curl

pingponger49
08-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Just ordered Seamoon booster. How many layers of water based glue should I apply to the rubber prior to boosting?

Mikael Berglund
08-10-2014, 02:41 PM
I've done zero layers of glue before boosting. Why does one need that? The rubber becomes dry and nice once the dome flattens out.

TTFrenzy
08-10-2014, 09:52 PM
The water base glue acts like a protector shield or a "balancing factor" for the boost layers. Boosting without glue may cause bubbles and damage the sponge/topsheet because some boosters (like dian chi and seamoon) are absorbed really fast by the sponge and they may reach the topsheet surface, thus damaging it. So putting a WBG layer at first, slows down the process of absorbtion giving you the "privilege" of experimenting in boosting in order to achieve a specific result of dome.

Of course if you have boosted 345352425 times and you know exactly how much booster to put in each layer to achieve the result you want,you dont need to add a WBG layeer

Arkadi
03-31-2017, 06:22 PM
This one is a crazy booster. Even 3 layer is too much. Too much not because it makes the rubber too fast but because it makes it too soft. You know the feeling when the rubber loses its nice sponge kick? First 5 days it plays nice and then this mushy feeling like rubber became too soft. It is fast and grippy just the feel is kind of not good at all. Seamoon boosting is quicker but it also loses the boosting effect quicker. Maybe after 15 days. Dianchi takes weeks too boost. It gives as much speed as seamoon but with mote layers. But 4 layers pf dianchi does not soften up the sponge negatively as much as 3 layers of seamoon. And with 4 layers of dianchi the speed lasts at least 25 days. Seamoon works better i think on non neo rubbers. Not better then dianchi just better then on neos. Because neo rubbers i dont know why get these bad feel when boosted too much with seamoon. Never happened with dianchi. To do a short conclusion seamoon is like fast agrresive boosting that comes and goes quick. Boosting takes 2-3 days. Dianchi is stable nice level headed boost which lasts long and is safer when overused. Boosting takes 4-5 days. When i first switched to seamoon i thought it is so nice it curl the rubber so quick. Little i know that the speed will wear out so quick too. Or that if i try to put more just to have the effect longer then it makes my hurrciane feel like a garbage. It is still fast because of the scretched top sheet. But that nice grabing feel of the sponge goes away. It feels like the sponge came untouched from the blade. Feels like your fast blade is not made of ayous but of these soft wood that they use to close the bottle of wine. If you wait for a month and reglue it this bad feel goes away but the rubber loses its speed too. So better use dianchi. The same thing i think will happen to dianchi afteramy times of boosting. But why it does not happen is because when you try to remove the rubber to reboost it third time you will break the sponge ))) no matter how careful you are. So each rubber will last you 3 months. 58 dollar for three months kind of expensive but get the 41 degree blue sp prov and boost it with dianchi. Omg i cant describe the feel of that magic rubber. It has this nice sponge feel like tenergys. The throw angle is like a little bit lower then tenergy 64 but still higher then regular hurricane commercials. The spin generated is equal to tenergy 05 and the harder you hit the ball the more it will outperform t05. With t05 it comes to a moment where you need to chosethe spin or the speed. If you hit it harder after certain point the ball goes into the sponge too much and limits. Not the case with hurrciane 3. Crazy rubber nice rubber but expensive.

Tinykin
04-01-2017, 12:56 AM
"With t05 it comes to a moment where you need to chose the spin or the speed. If you hit it harder after certain point the ball goes into the sponge too much and limits. Not the case with hurrciane 3."

I like that description of the difference between Tenergy and H3.

Ot Ot
04-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Hi,

i find the booster pretty expensive, for eg dian chi , kalin , seamoon.

nevertheless, for H3 rubber which is the best value for money? :)

Suga D
04-24-2017, 05:03 PM
Hi,

i find the booster pretty expensive, for eg dian chi , kalin , seamoon.

nevertheless, for H3 rubber which is the best value for money? :)

I've posted this already in a different thread:
[Emoji6]
https://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?14039-Oiling-tacky-topsheet

i know from a quite well informed source that the "new" Haifu Oil with the 2014 printing on it that it doesn't contain any VOCs.

Here:

This is the source:

http://www.prott.vip/Product-Details.aspx?productcode=HFNatOil

[Had to edit the link, cause the old one was leading nowhere anymore]

Cheers
[Emoji12]

To me and also to quite a few others this is the real killer stuff!
The other stuff is for kids!
[Emoji12]

Ot Ot
04-25-2017, 06:28 AM
Hi all,

Seem not able to ship liquid products to my country from taobao.

Anyone has similar experience ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suga D
04-25-2017, 12:46 PM
Hi all,

Seem not able to ship liquid products to my country from taobao.

Anyone has similar experience ?

Sent from myPhone using Tapatalk

I don´t know about Taobao but ProTT writes the following:

Please note: All express shipping(DHL or EMS) are not allow to ship liquid, therefore it can only be shipped with small pack, this usually takes about a month to arrive. Please be patient.

As a non-commercial version, the product is a previous version of Haifu previous version Oil currently used by Chinese National Athletes. It can be expanded well and absorbed fully into the sponge by applying it. The oil enables players loop the ball stronger with a powerful spin and the hand feeling is better. Most of all, VOC FREE.The black one has better performance which exerts a much stronger friction power on the ball, while it takes a longer time to air dry the rubber. The yellow one has better hand feeling.
The aim of this product is to expand the sponge. Generally it shall be used together with inorganic glue.

Usage:
Step 1: evently glue on preglued sponge and racket.
Step 2: naturally dried need about 12-24 hours according to environment or dried by hot wind after two hours.
Step 3: adhibit
Specialty: high elasticity, fast speed,effect last for 7 days.
Applicability: hard and soft sponge

amoc
04-25-2018, 06:07 AM
due to the fact that these chinese boosters are hard to get here in Europe I have a question:
anyone tested the Dymax Maximizer booster with a H3Neo and can compare to Dianchi and/or Seamon?

SFF_lib
04-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Prott.vip and princett.
due to the fact that these chinese boosters are hard to get here in Europe I have a question:
anyone tested the Dymax Maximizer booster with a H3Neo and can compare to Dianchi and/or Seamon?Prott.vip and princett.Prott.vip and princett ship Seamoon booster worldwide I believe

Passionate about TT

amoc
04-25-2018, 11:10 AM
Prott.vip and princett.Prott.vip and princett.Prott.vip and princett ship Seamoon booster worldwide I believe

sorry, but that's not an anwser to my question...

amoc
10-29-2018, 09:17 AM
no one tried the h3 Neo with maximizer??