Switching inverted rubber in BH to Anti Spin BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Hi I'm an intermediate player, FH dominant player, that lacks from receiving, attacking in BH. Can an anti Spin BH can help me to receive a serve?

This user has no status.
Hi I'm an intermediate player, FH dominant player, that lacks from receiving, attacking in BH. Can an anti Spin BH can help me to receive a serve?

Simple answer is yes. But you need to learn the correct teqnique for that as well. Antispin return can sometimes be really slow and easy to smash if done incorrectly. So don't see switching to anti as a quick fix for your current gaps.

Reactions: brokenball
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
What Tembel said.

I'm by no means a great player, but have some experience in dealing with players using anti, long pips, short pips. I'd classify them, broadly, in two categories: (a) those using that material to elope a weakness and (b) those embracing a playing style that is strongly enabled by the material.

Perhaps the latter playing style (or level) is developed from the former; I don't know how that works. But what I can say is that a "material" player that uses that material solely to mask a weakness or deficiency, well, that's basically target practice and game over once you accommodate a bit.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Antispin can be well worth using, but only if you learn to twiddle with it. Otherwise you will just be an intermediate player who uses antispin instead of inverted. And it's very doubtful that anti will be more fun to play than smooth.

Long or short pips out would be more fun imo. But if you learn to twiddle, then your opponents have more to think about.