PDA

View Full Version : Best Xiom Rubber?

yousuhika
11-25-2021, 11:47 PM
Hi everyone. Please kindly spare some time to list out the famous and well loved xiom rubbers and explain its characteristics as i am considering a new rubber. It doesn’t have to be soft or hard only.. just list out for example a vega europe and tell me about its characteristics. Thank you!

Kuba Hajto
11-25-2021, 11:57 PM
Xiom Vega Japan. Matte top sheet. Easy to play. Not sensitive to incoming spin. Reasonably spinny. Reasonably fast. Great.

yoass
11-26-2021, 07:05 AM
Vega Pro. Firm feeling, with a good bite. Fast, but not too hot to handle for many mere mortals. Spins well, both in backspin openups and counterspins, but offers a good direct play and a reasonably solid short game as well. Well-balanced and versatile, and my fave in the Vega series; and all that one notch below the “let’s see what we can soak these suckers for” price point.

tt_beginner
11-26-2021, 11:05 AM
Xiom Vega Japan

Manto76
11-26-2021, 01:04 PM
Vega Euro DF: Excellent BH rubber for players between entry and intermediate level. Super control, easy to generate spin.
Vega X: Arguably the second-best value for money Euro-Jap style rubber available at the moment (I would say Fastarc G1 still takes the top spot). Probably gives 90% of the performance of the top/flagship rubbers at about half the price.
Omega V series: Tried Asia, Tour and Euro and wasn't impressed with any of them.

yousuhika
11-26-2021, 01:08 PM
Vega Euro DF: Excellent BH rubber for players between entry and intermediate level. Super control, easy to generate spin.
Vega X: Arguably the second-best value for money Euro-Jap style rubber available at the moment (I would say Fastarc G1 still takes the top spot). Probably gives 90% of the performance of the top/flagship rubbers at about half the price.
Omega V series: Tried Asia, Tour and Euro and wasn't impressed with any of them.
isn’t the vega x a little on the “very” hard side?

Manto76
11-26-2021, 01:11 PM
isn’t the vega x a little on the “very” hard side?
No, not really. I suppose it depends what you're used to, but Vega X is only 47.5 degrees which most folks would probably say is the "average" sponge hardness. Personally I think it feels very easy to play with.

yousuhika
11-26-2021, 01:33 PM
No, not really. I suppose it depends what you're used to, but Vega X is only 47.5 degrees which most folks would probably say is the "average" sponge hardness. Personally I think it feels very easy to play with.
how does rakza 7 compare to vega x or japan?

Manto76
11-26-2021, 02:13 PM
how does rakza 7 compare to vega x or japan?
In terms of sponge hardness:

Vega Japan is 45 degrees
Vega X and Rakza 7 are both 47.5 degrees

yousuhika
11-26-2021, 02:13 PM
In terms of sponge hardness:

Vega Japan is 45 degrees
Vega X and Rakza 7 are both 47.5 degrees
so vega x would have an easier time adjusting to then?

KM1976
11-26-2021, 11:13 PM
Can please share more like this?
yes sure, please go to revspin.net/rubber to find out more.

CatherineSzabo
11-27-2021, 07:39 AM
Xiom Vega Japan
It looks like a good one. I really like it. LOL!

Arkady
11-27-2021, 07:55 AM
Vega Pro. Firm feeling, with a good bite. Fast, but not too hot to handle for many mere mortals. Spins well, both in backspin openups and counterspins, but offers a good direct play and a reasonably solid short game as well. Well-balanced and versatile, and my fave in the Vega series; and all that one notch below the “let’s see what we can soak these suckers for” price point.
Agree. Best Xiom rubber ever.