Nittaku rubbers

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Nittaku Hurricane rubbers

Hi guys.

I've been curious about this for quite sometime now, but never got around to ask your opinions, till now. I'm not much of an equipment junkie, so if there are any of you out there (hahaha), I would really appreciate your thoughts.

As we all know, the world famous DHS Hurricanes have many many versions. DHS came out with the commercial, provincial and the most sought after, the national versions.
I came across with Nittaku version years ago. Even Nittaku have various versions. Now, I know DHS is Chinese, then why is Nittaku, a Japanese company doing them too?

ntk_hurricane2nt50_L.jpg
NT 50 TYPE RUBBER (whatever that means)

ntk_hurricane2pro_L.jpg
PRO RUBBER (harder I suppose)

ntk_hurricane3NT50_L.jpg
ntk_hurricane3pro_L.jpg

Has anyone try these rubbers and how are they compared to the DHS rubbers? Nittaku's Hurricanes are sold at 3 times the price of the commercial DHS versions. I think I'm going to purchase them just to see how they are in comparisons with the DHS. :) Who knows, they might be as good as the national DHS versions, or god forbid....even better!! hahaha

Please post your thoughts, since I am very interested. Thanx guys:)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
As far as I know they have the hurricane topsheet with a soft Japanese sponge.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I know the Pro versions are still DHS #20 sponge. I know the H2 Pro and it is slower and less spinny than the old normal H2 commercial. However, the quality was quite good and its from the old speed gluing days. I suspect with speed glue these would be very powerful but since its not allowed anymore I wouldn't bother with them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hi guys.

I've been curious about this for quite sometime now, but never got around to ask your opinions, till now. I'm not much of an equipment junkie, so if there are any of you out there (hahaha), I would really appreciate your thoughts.

As we all know, the world famous DHS Hurricanes have many many versions. DHS came out with the commercial, provincial and the most sought after, the national versions.
I came across with Nittaku version years ago. Even Nittaku have various versions. Now, I know DHS is Chinese, then why is Nittaku, a Japanese company doing them too?

View attachment 2201
NT 50 TYPE RUBBER (whatever that means)

View attachment 2202
PRO RUBBER (harder I suppose)

View attachment 2203
View attachment 2204

Has anyone try these rubbers and how are they compared to the DHS rubbers? Nittaku's Hurricanes are sold at 3 times the price of the commercial DHS versions. I think I'm going to purchase them just to see how they are in comparisons with the DHS. :) Who knows, they might be as good as the national DHS versions, or god forbid....even better!! hahaha

Please post your thoughts, since I am very interested. Thanx guys:)

For those who like the Chinese DHS rubber but prefer a lighter one and softer sponge then go for Nittaku DHS, but they are not as spinny as Chinese DHS and you pay a high price. I personally do not believe in Chinese rubber because my days are flooded with BTY Sriver and Yasaka Mark V. I prefer TENSOR type of rubber.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I always thought it was just that DHS makes them for Nittaku and that Nittaku has a higher quality control so they only accept and sell the good ones. So what you are paying for is the quality control and you will not get one of those ones that gets a flat spot after a few weeks of play or a bubble. I also thought that it was just the same sponges. But I see in the description this one that it is DHS Hurricane topsheet with a Japanese sponge.

It would be interesting to try them and see if there is a difference. But they are not hiding that it is a DHS rubber.

Mar 2011
Interesting remarks guys. I believe they're softer too, Fong. I had never use Chinese rubbers though I've tried some of them. I don't like them coz they attract dust, like moth to a flame. I too grew up with Sriver, Super Sriver and Mark V. Great rubbers by the way:)..

And you're quite right Carl, somehow I have this idea that the Japanese have a higher quality control (Japanese being Japanese I suppose)..so they certainly not going to accept just any rubbers from DHS. It would be interesting to find out how they play. I'm gonna get the Hurricane 3 Pro and NT 50, and see how it goes. Can't really compare with the regular DHS Hurricane, but I'll do a comparison with my Stiga.

I can't wait hahaha hard DHS rubbers with soft sponge would be wicked :0.........then again maybe not.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Interesting remarks guys. I believe they're softer too, Fong. I had never use Chinese rubbers though I've tried some of them. I don't like them coz they attract dust, like moth to a flame. I too grew up with Sriver, Super Sriver and Mark V. Great rubbers by the way:)..

And you're quite right Carl, somehow I have this idea that the Japanese have a higher quality control (Japanese being Japanese I suppose)..so they certainly not going to accept just any rubbers from DHS. It would be interesting to find out how they play. I'm gonna get the Hurricane 3 Pro and NT 50, and see how it goes. Can't really compare with the regular DHS Hurricane, but I'll do a comparison with my Stiga.

I can't wait hahaha hard DHS rubbers with soft sponge would be wicked :0.........then again maybe not.

Pro and NT 50, are just Chinese topsheet and sponge, I am pretty sure. I think one is commercial with quality control and the other is provincial. But it might be provincial and national.

This is the one that interests me:

http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/nittaku-hurricane-3.html

That is the one where the company says they put the DHS topsheet on a Japanese sponge. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011

you need alots of rubber cleaner lol... I think I bought total of 3 cleaners since last 6 months. Although it mainly due to the reason that the cleaner bottle keep break in my bag :(

But usually after 10mins of hitting, you will see there is so much dust lol

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
you need alots of rubber cleaner lol... I think I bought total of 3 cleaners since last 6 months. Although it mainly due to the reason that the cleaner bottle keep break in my bag :(

But usually after 10mins of hitting, you will see there is so much dust lol

What you need to do is get a good sponge and have it damp, and have it in something like a travel soap dish. Clean the rubber with that. Saves you a lot of money in the long run. Any sponge will do. But this sponge is my favorite:

Absorb 'N Dry Vacuum Sponge Block http://www.super-cool-products.com/superpvaspongeswipes.html

It is the second product from the top. It will last for ever and you can wash it. Works very well to clean the rubber. Rubber last longer this way than with the cleaners from the TT companies.