Does boost tacky rubber will have benefits for me?

Hi guys, I bought a Skyline 2 Neo 39deg to use on FH, the 2021 season is finished with the end of Brazil National Tournament and I will have some time without tournaments and only practice, every day. Since the beginning of my journey on tt I have been interested in tacky Chinese rubbers, haved some experience with a H3 but for no much time.

I always knew they were slower. And what booster gives a unique feeling of more speed and softening the sponge.

But now I enter my point, my FH has an overhitting problem and because this ball comes like a flat hit. So about a month ago I started to change the technique to a more complete forward movement and I started focusing on just spinning the ball, not focusing so much on speed in regularity and movement drills. "Licking" more than hitting. When going to 3th ball or 5th ball practice I needed to give a stronger ball as the strategy of almost every penholder, I did my best to spin the ball. But my overhitting problem comes up again at another stage, the ball isn't going flat, it's going too long, and I believe the rubber that's fast can also have an influence on that, but I don't blame her, I'm sure I'm overhitting. And so now I want to improve my strokes and develop my fh, kind of start again. I have this time to develop and train without worrying about tournament performance. And then it gets to the point of the question, is boost the Skyline going to benefit me from this or not? This extra speed that the booster brings, can or not help me?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
I have played all variants of H3, Skyline 2 and Skyline 3.

Among the 3, Skyline 2 has the shortest and widest pimples. Skyline 3 has the longest and thinnest. It means Skyline 2 & 3 has the hardest and softest topsheet respectively. H3 sits in between.

Hardness of your rubber is the combination of the topsheet and sponge. So a 39 degree Skyline 2 will feel harder than a 40 degree Skyline 3.

At low to medium impact, Skyline 2 is the slowest. However, Skyline 2 has the highest max spin and speed at maximum impact.

It really depends on your techniques. If you can deliver high impact continuously (Xu Xin style), you probably don’t need booster.

If you win points by 3rd ball kill (Ma Lin style), you better off get it boosted.

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Hi guys, I bought a Skyline 2 Neo 39deg to use on FH, the 2021 season is finished with the end of Brazil National Tournament and I will have some time without tournaments and only practice, every day. Since the beginning of my journey on tt I have been interested in tacky Chinese rubbers, haved some experience with a H3 but for no much time.

I always knew they were slower. And what booster gives a unique feeling of more speed and softening the sponge.

But now I enter my point, my FH has an overhitting problem and because this ball comes like a flat hit. So about a month ago I started to change the technique to a more complete forward movement and I started focusing on just spinning the ball, not focusing so much on speed in regularity and movement drills. "Licking" more than hitting. When going to 3th ball or 5th ball practice I needed to give a stronger ball as the strategy of almost every penholder, I did my best to spin the ball. But my overhitting problem comes up again at another stage, the ball isn't going flat, it's going too long, and I believe the rubber that's fast can also have an influence on that, but I don't blame her, I'm sure I'm overhitting. And so now I want to improve my strokes and develop my fh, kind of start again. I have this time to develop and train without worrying about tournament performance. And then it gets to the point of the question, is boost the Skyline going to benefit me from this or not? This extra speed that the booster brings, can or not help me?
I have the same problem when I was using Euro tensor rubber for my FH. My ball loves to go long and overshoots. I solve this issue somewhat when I switched to neoH3 ( boosted ) to make the topsheet very tacky. The tackiness or stickiness retards the forward momentum somewhat and cause more friction which pulls the ball with more downward force causing the ball to arc safely on the table.

Whether Skyline will benefit you or not, I have no idea. But it certainly helped me with my FH when I have very sticky top sheet. I am convinced that speed is over-rated especially at my level ( club player ). However, putting the ball on the table consistently, even if slower is the better option. If you have to ask me, I'll say spin comes first then only speed.

Last edited:
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have the same problem when I was using Euro tensor rubber for my FH. My ball loves to go long and overshoots. I solve this issue somewhat when I switched to neoH3 ( boosted ) to make the topsheet very tacky. The tackiness or stickiness retards the forward momentum somewhat and cause more friction which pulls the ball with more downward force causing the ball to arc safely on the table.

Whether Skyline will benefit you or not, I have no idea. But it certainly helped me with my FH when I have very sticky top sheet. I am convinced that speed is over-rated especially at my level ( club player ). However, putting the ball on the table consistently, even if slower is the better option. If you have to ask me, I'll say spin comes first then only speed.

""""""""""" I switched to neoH3 ( boosted ) to make the topsheet very tacky. """"""""
Are you trying to say that when you boost the neo the top of the sheet gets more tacky ???????????

Mar 2021
""""""""""" I switched to neoH3 ( boosted ) to make the topsheet very tacky. """"""""
Are you trying to say that when you boost the neo the top of the sheet gets more tacky ???????????

Yes. Does it not suppose to get tackier? Mine appears to be so...