What rubber should i use on my backhand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Hello, Right now i have razka 7 soft on my forehand and it feels good and amazing.

But my backhand seems way to fast and hard to control with boost tc, Do anyone have tips on what to replace my backhand rubber with? Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Hey rassebrod, hope you find your time here enjoyable. So you're asking about your backhand and you feel that boost tc is much faster and with a little less control than you like. Could you please describe what your style is with your BH shots? For instance do you like to loop the ball when you attack or do you just flat hit with a punch like shot. And for your defensive shots do you like to push short or do you find yourself pushing deep into the table? Also how is your block? Are you able to block players attacks or do you find your blocks end up either into the net or off the table?

If you can answer these questions it'll help us a lot when we make suggestions.

Just off of your choice of rubber I would recommend maybe JOOLA Express 2 or Samba + for softer more control rubbers, but still with enough pace at 2.0 or max to really hit the ball well. Another more controllable rubber or rubbers would be the Adidas R line R4 or R6. R4 for a more allround style and R6 if you prefer that pop sound from some rubbers to really know you're hitting that sweet spot.

Let us know if we can help you a bit more after you've answered these questions.

This user has no status.
Rassebrod,

I played with that very setup (Rakza + Boost TC), and found like you the Boost a little bit too fast.

I have tried successfully the Galaxy Moon Pro and / or the Mark V HPS Soft, both in 2.0. The Moon Pro is tacky, a bit spinnier and slower than the Mark V, I think.

They both allow to play with spin (backspin / topspin) and are slightly harder than the Boost, so a bit easier in blocks and drive. I find it gave me much more control and safety on my shots, without compromising too much with the speed.

One thing I would say, you should stay away from tensors, especially those of past generation which have (a bit like Boost) a kick that can be difficult to control.

Hope this helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hello, Right now i have razka 7 soft on my forehand and it feels good and amazing.

But my backhand seems way to fast and hard to control with boost tc, Do anyone have tips on what to replace my backhand rubber with? Thanks

Have you try vice versa (FH boost tc and BH razka 7)? You may be surprised.