Stiga OC WRB to DHS PG7 -- feasible change? Please read..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
My current setup is:

Stiga OC WRB with Tibhar Aurus on FH and Stiga Boost TC on BH. I feel that my FH could be faster and most of my opponents also tell me that my FH is slow. I would like to move to a faster blade to change it. DHS PG7 seems very affordable. I am thinking of moving to DHS PG7 with Hurricane 3 NEO on FH and Tibhar Aurus/Genius+optimum on BH.

I want to know how much of a difference this is. Will it be tough to make the transition? Anybody else uses a similar setup? I see a couple on the forums with PG7 with H3 on FH but Tenergy 05 on BH. I don't have the money for T05. I love the Aurus (currently on my FH) but with its high throw I sometimes like using it on my BH too.

I want a Butterfly TBS but I don't want to feel bad every time my bat hits the table. :)

As for my game, I loop on FH and am learning the BH loop. I play with a coach 2-4 hours a week since the last 6 months. I used to be a recreational player before that with all sorts of bad habits that I am still getting rid of. I have not learnt counterlooping yet. If I am too far from the table, I prefer to chop, not lob. None of my friends have a PG7, which means no chance to try before I buy. They all use BTY Gergley. I tried it and didn't like the ball feel. So I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
It's not good to compensate lack of power with equipment. You should first fix you're technique and get more power by doing that.

This user has no status.
Hi I have been using the PG7 for a while and I love it. I am using a Tenergy 05 in my backhand but that does not mean that you need to use it as well. In other words it does not make it the perfect blade. I will actually try adidas p5 for my backhand soon just for the price because it is not fun paying $79 dollars for 1 rubber. I have not tried that many blades as some other member of this forum. my first blade was a pre-assembled blade(no brand or ping pong brand) with butterfly flextra(FH) and another rubber. After that I got two new rubbers a butterfly bryce fx(FH) and a donic supersonic 40. Then I bougth a yasaka offensive 40 which was a faster blade. Then I got a butterfly roundell(FH) and a nittaku narucross ex. but the change was weird because I did not feel the ball with that combination. With the previous blade I could feel the ball and I felt that I could hold the ball on the sponge but not with this sponge. Then I got a butterfly vsg 4000 and this combination felt way better. I could feel the ball again. And finally I got my dhs pg7 which I have tried with H3 and TG3 in my forehand and I am not going back with any of those blades. I tried my brother setup a Timo Boll ALC with skyline 3 and Tenergy 05. I could play just the same way but the feeling was better with my pg7 at least on the forehand because on the backhand the tenergy felt better with the ALC. But I am ok with the pg7.

Sorry if I wrote too much but I just wanted to give you an idea of my bacground. Besides that I am a two wing attacker. I try to attack more with my forehand by pivoting and using my footwork but I actually feel that my backhand is good enough in order not to pivot. That is why against someone in a lower level than mine I don´t use my footwork that much. I barely pivot.

The composition of this blade is just like the clipper I hope that Mr. Carl can give you a better idea of what to expect from this blade which in my opinion is very fast,easy to load the ball with spin, has many gears and a nice feeling. I dont mind that it is heavier than a carbon blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
JustAlt, I do agree.. I lack hip rotation and use more shoulder and not my whole body for my FH loop. I am trying to fix it. My coach says it is due to a stiff upper body and advised a 15 minute jog daily. However, I also felt that even my counters are slow with Stiga OC. So, I thought I will try out other equipment. Maybe I should just save the money and put more effort in fixing my technique. If you have any suggestions or drills to overcome this problem, let me know.

This user has no status.
About the technique you indeed need to get better to get the most out of this rubber because it is not a tenergy where the springy sponge help you a lot. Now if you first try the tenergy and then the H3 or TG3 it will feel dead so you would need to adjust your strokes and give it time and above all things use your body. If it is hard for you you might start just using your hip. Then you can add the power from the legs and finally your wrist.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I am agreeing @yurybarquero in his opinions. I have played with Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 05 FX before I recently changed my paddle to DHS PG7 with H3 blue sponge (FH) and Tenergy 05 (BH). I must say it's quite a difference changing from a European/Japanese rubber to a chinese. Compensating with a faster blade doesn't unlock the mystery why your FH is slow. As you already have been told you have to work on using your bodyweight to accelerate the ball and when you're hitting ball. If you don't have the technique in order you are not going to play with for example the Hurricane 3 to it's max.

TBS is composite blade and does feel different with a comparison to your current blade and we all hit our blade in to the table either it is in play or in frustration ;) It's part of the game.

My advise to your is keep up training on your technique. If you one day reach the max of your equipment and your technique are in order then change rubber, blade etc. to reach other levels. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
My current setup is:

Stiga OC WRB with Tibhar Aurus on FH and Stiga Boost TC on BH. I feel that my FH could be faster and most of my opponents also tell me that my FH is slow. I would like to move to a faster blade to change it. DHS PG7 seems very affordable. I am thinking of moving to DHS PG7 with Hurricane 3 NEO on FH and Tibhar Aurus/Genius+optimum on BH.

I want to know how much of a difference this is. Will it be tough to make the transition? Anybody else uses a similar setup? I see a couple on the forums with PG7 with H3 on FH but Tenergy 05 on BH. I don't have the money for T05. I love the Aurus (currently on my FH) but with its high throw I sometimes like using it on my BH too.

I want a Butterfly TBS but I don't want to feel bad every time my bat hits the table. :)

As for my game, I loop on FH and am learning the BH loop. I play with a coach 2-4 hours a week since the last 6 months. I used to be a recreational player before that with all sorts of bad habits that I am still getting rid of. I have not learnt counterlooping yet. If I am too far from the table, I prefer to chop, not lob. None of my friends have a PG7, which means no chance to try before I buy. They all use BTY Gergley. I tried it and didn't like the ball feel. So I would like to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks in advance!

I think we shouldn't depend on equipment so much. Look at all the past and current World Champs, almost everyone uses a different setup but one thing for sure they all have mastered their strokes, technique and services. You will never be satisfied with your current setup as more and more new blades and rubbers are emerge in the market. My advice is to practice hard and make sure the technique of each stroke is correct otherwise you will be perfecting the mistake.