Innerforce viscaria!?

This user has no status.
Hi guys,
Have you guys seen this new blade from Donic? Think it was released sometime towards the end of last year.

Unboxing of the Donic Original True Carbon Inner table tennis blade - YouTube
Composition:7 plies of Kiri (inner), Hybrid Aramid Carbon (3+5), Ayous (2&6), Koto (1&7, outer)

In short, Donic just released its own Innerforce that looks like a Viscaria (that handle 😍) and cost only about ~$90 (in Indonesia price).

I am currently using DHS H301 (also an innerforce-type blade) and loving it without any major complaints, but I am also looking around for my next blade (not sure my H301 can last a lifetime). Minutes ago, I was just about to click purchase on an Innerforce Layer ALC from my local marketplace when an ad popped up showing this good-looking piece. And now I am seriously torn between the two. Lol.

Experts, I need your kind insights and advice. To be specific, the ALC vs Aramid-Carbon material behavior (feel-wise, I only know that Aramid is stiffer in general), since the rest of the composition is pretty much similar (I also pretty much got the grasp of the hard Koto, which is on my H301 too, whereas I expect Limba to be somewhat softer (on the IFL ALC)). I play mostly mid distance, occasionally far, with topspins/loopkill.

Cheers
Ktandean

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I have not seen anyone in my proximity use it yet. From my observation it's pretty much an Innerforce ALC except that it used Aramid Carbon (AC) instead, which is known to be stiffer than ALC.

The blade itself is rated ALL+/OFF- by Donic. Which is surprising because when I held one (from a store display) and swung it, it certainly does NOT feel slow like a controlled all wood blade. Thickness is 6mm, head size is 156x150mm (I made sure myself with a ruler). I'd agree it being an OFF- or even low OFF, but certainly faster than ALL+ imo.

What I would imagine using this blade would feel like:
- Short play will feel much or less the same as H301, without losing speed due to Koto outer.
- Fully stroking a ball will activate the AC but yields a marginally faster and flatter shot than an Innerforce ALC-esque blade.
- Control (i.e. directing a ball where you intend to) is fractionally easier due to Kiri core, which adds a slight moment of dwell time.

Of course, I was only sharing all the different kind of feels when I used other similar blades and I could be mistaken. Hence I hope more people will reply this thread!

Reactions: romanzdk