Disputes about rubbers

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Hey guys,

Here's a chance for you to settle a little dispute among my colleagues. Silly as it may sound, but it's all in good fun:).

So here goes.
They were talking about rubbers and 4 came up repeatedly. They're Rakza 7, Tenergy 05, Xiom Sigma Pro and Calibra LT. Now, they want to know which of these rubbers is the most powerful in terms of spin and speed:). The blade they have decided it shall be Butterfly Timo ZLC.

They will then decide on the majority of the favoured answers from the TTD members once in for all, and I may live in peace.:)

Opinions and thoughts on the rubbers are most welcome:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Hey guys,

Here's a chance for you to settle a little dispute among my colleagues. Silly as it may sound, but it's all in good fun:).

So here goes.
They were talking about rubbers and 4 came up repeatedly. They're Rakza 7, Tenergy 05, Xiom Sigma Pro and Calibra LT. Now, they want to know which of these rubbers is the most powerful in terms of spin and speed:). The blade they have decided it shall be Butterfly Timo ZLC.

They will then decide on the majority of the favoured answers from the TTD members once in for all, and I may live in peace.:)

Opinions and thoughts on the rubbers are most welcome:)

Friend, this is not an easy question to answer but I will try my best as I have used all these rubbers and my opinion are as follows even thought the difference may be minimal:
In term of SPIN - T05 > R7 > LT > S Pro
In tern of SPEED - S PRO > T05 > R7 > LT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Isn't the Sigma the slower, spinnier XIOM? I played with it on a clubmates bat, it was clearly softer than the Omega he had on the other side. Im not familiar with the R7 and Calibra, but I think T05 should be faster than Sigma and Sigma should be spinnier than T05.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Why not add a poll Azlan, it would make it easier for you to read the results? ;)

The Tenergy should be the best with this blade, since Butterfly blades are made for Tenergy and Tenergy is def made for Butterfly blades.. But I have not tried that blade, so I can't really say anything else about this than I have :)

says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
says Where will table tennis be in the future? And what ideas...
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Okay, the best two rubbers out of these four are tenergy and rakza 7...all very good quality rubbers but rakza 7 when new is very spinny it has a different sort of gum on it and is very spinny and still up there close to speed with tenergy....as for xiom a good rubber but doesn't propell very well upwards like tenergy does, as xiom seems to drop a bit. Also obviously tenergy is most popular and is perceived as best rubber by many but that is because butterfly obviously has a good name, rakza 7 in comparison is a largely underated rubber. but tenergy im pretty sure is faster but not as spinny

Last edited:
says no prob man well i am from lahore have been playing for...
says no prob man well i am from lahore have been playing for...
Apr 2011
ripper is absolutely right when R7 is new its the spinniest rubber in the world mine is two monts old nd it has lost its spin but the speed reamins the same nd no doubt T05 speed is beyond imagination i tried my friends zlc with t05 i could not control it i was just usin my rist nd the ball was flying like hell the other rubber on it was donic coppa x3 silver on BH

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Good idea Anders. I was thinking the same thing, but there will be 16 probabilities and it's gonna be so confusing :) hehehe The way Fong did was fine by me..:) Personally, I think in terms of :-

Spin : Rakza7>T05>CalLT>XSigPro
Speed : CalLT>T05>XSigPro>​Rakza7

But then, if T05 stays on the same position in both comaparings.. We can count it in as the best rubbers, since it is equal in both spin and speed compared to the other rubbers? :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Hey Azlan just put a poll to answer your initial question. Which rubber has both most speed and spin. I think this can give you the numbers you're looking for.

Personally haven't tried the Xiom S pro or the Calibra LT. I know Tenergy 05 has more of a mid distance speed and is just as spinny as Razka 7. I think overall though T05 is probably the best overall.

I've heard that Sigma users enjoy off the bounce play for the most speed and spin from that rubber. Calibra LT seems to be another mid distance rubber from what I've heard from club members, but I don't know anything about the Xiom Sigma. Players here only use Vega or Omega something like that.

says Hi Guys, i'm your new member here.. Hope can get in...
says Hi Guys, i'm your new member here.. Hope can get in...
Apr 2012
Okay, the best two rubbers out of these four are tenergy and rakza 7...all very good quality rubbers but rakza 7 when new is very spinny it has a different sort of gum on it and is very spinny and still up there close to speed with tenergy....as for xiom a good rubber but doesn't propell very well upwards like tenergy does, as xiom seems to drop a bit. Also obviously tenergy is most popular and is perceived as best rubber by many but that is because butterfly obviously has a good name, rakza 7 in comparison is a largely underated rubber. but tenergy im pretty sure is faster but not as spinny

Well, im 100% agreed w u my fren..!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
I've only played with one rubber that I liked as much or even a little more than tenergy and that rubber is Xiom Omega IV Asia. The only problem I had with it was it broke after two days. I changed back to tenergy after going through about 6 Omegas.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Tenergy has the best spin to speed ratio in a real game, sure in practice you can hit as hard as you can and say calibra is the fastest or play a pure looping drill and say barracuda is the spinniest but when i play a real game like for example a tournament with the maximum speed and spin that i can use tenergy has the best ratio on it, but then again im not a high level player so i cant speak for others, just my experience though