Around The Net Shot (Tennis)

Is this better than Ma Longs around the net shot?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It's cool, but way easier than Ma Long's ;) Ma had to lift and spin the ball because there was only a small place on the table, and the ball has to go up so it goes higher than the table and then come down on that small space on the table. This tennis shot is a matter of getting there on time and he had not to worry about the trajectory of the ball, only the placement had to be precise. Still a great shot though :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I don't agree with you guys... Ma's around the net shot isn't that incredible. It's good but I have seen better (and more difficult) around the net shots. You can't say the tennis shot is better or worse than the table tennis shot. But it is definitely really hard. Especially because you won't see this often in tennis, you have to realise it is possible and be there in time. Anyway this is still a pointless discussion both shots are brilliant.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I would love to argue and disagree but I have to agree with WiWa. The thing with the tennis shot that is impressive is that guy is really fast and gets there, and that was a great angle the opponent's shot was hit at. But he is not dealing with countering spin and once he is outside the net, all he has to do is place the ball. Ma Long is dealing with the spin of a pretty good serve and spinning it onto the table. One of the things that makes that shot by Ma Long so impressive to me is that, it is a really difficult shot but he makes it look sooooooo easy.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Ma Long's shot was tough, but the beauty of it was that he made it look effortless:)..
As for the tennis shot, honestly I've seen much much better. Pete Sampras and Federer had hit around the net, below the net height, in between the outer net post and the umpires chair. The ball went inches over the net ball boy's head. Now, that's like threading through the eye of a needle at 80mph hahahaha.

Mar 2011
Since we are on the topic about around the net shots, here are two videos for you guys to enjoy. The 1st one is from the good old days, and the 2nd was just plain amazing (watch it and you know why):)

The fact that he had to slap the ball flat because of the barrier restriction.