PDA

View Full Version : long pimple for Cybershape

LittleSeki
02-10-2022, 01:06 PM
Hi there,

I'm looking for a long pimple.
I play the Stiga Cybershape.

I play "kreisklasse".
Mainly normal pushing and then twiddeling with the pips to get a high ball.

Sometimes i need to "drive" against fast serves or flip a short ball because i could not twiddle fast enough.

Otherwise I play with very little wrist.

I think because of the blade, a slower pip would be better?

Ox or with sponge?

What kind of pimple can you recommend that is controlled, sometimes good offensively and annoys the opponent a bit, but returning the ball flat is much more important.

LittleSeki
02-11-2022, 05:28 AM
Does no one have a tip?

Forte
02-11-2022, 10:53 AM
I have a couple of different rubbers from Der Materialspezialist/Barna Original (same people behind both brands) that I can recommend. The DMS Elite Long in OX is very nice, very interesting for attacking, I play it with their Power control blade. But I have to make a choice: Either attack fast but be vulnerable when under pressure (I tend to block long with OX rubbers) or go for something slower with more dampening effect. I have been trying the latter approach for some time now by playing with Barna Original Virus-2 in the 1mm dampening sponge-version. I am less "fatal" when attacking but at the end of the day I get more control and put more balls back on the table so I'm sticking to that for now.

I also have friends in my club playing with DMS Kamikaze OX and 0.5 mm sponge (not dampening, though) and they are also very much able to attack with the pips. I could also recommend contacting DMZ/Barna directly (by email) for guidance. They helped me out a lot when I was trying to choose rubber and blade combination in the beginning. And they are, as I'm sure you know, German... :)

LittleSeki
02-11-2022, 12:24 PM
in a german forum they said long pips with a damping sponge becaue of the high arc and charakteristics of the cybershape blade

merlin el mago
02-13-2022, 10:17 AM
I play with Acoustic Carbon and use Dornenglanz red OX with dampening sponge exactly the red model (max. dampening) by D.M.S. with max. thickness, the other side black Fastarc G-1 max. and very happy. Cured my EJ for a long time.

yogi_bear
02-14-2022, 07:27 PM
I have tried the cybershape with 755 LP if what you are looking for is an attacking LP set up it would work fine. I tried it with 1.0mm sponge.

LittleSeki
02-15-2022, 05:50 AM
Okay thank you,

well i want a set up to annoy my opponent that he screams stupid pips and wants to give up xD

And of coure the pips are lighter than inverted rubbers which is a bonus
And it helps me with some recieves of servers.

So i dont know if the cybershape is the right blade but yeah i like it so i guess i have to make it work xD

Because i want one side to be blue i still think about an ox pip from spinlord but i dont know which one would be the best.

merlin el mago
02-15-2022, 09:46 AM
For pushing look for Grass DTecs or Piranja but both are fast.