The FastPong table tennis training system

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
Hello everyone : After writing a quick hi, it was suggested that I post a new thread to introduce the FastPong table tennis training system.
My name is Kie, I am a cofounder at FastPong. Our company is based in Seoul, S.Korea and was originally started by Amir who is the CEO.

We have been working on this project for a long time, so you may have previously seen information about the system, but lots of things have changed (for the better). In fact there have been over 100 hardware upgrades and the hardware is finally complete, certified (FCC, CE, KC, RoHS, etc so that we can ship it anywhere in the world). The system has just started shipping.

fp01_20220131_720x.jpg

The System : The FastPong table tennis training system is a grid 8 of connected tiles that gives dynamic visual targets to the players in addition to immediate visual feedback showing where the ball hits (which might be the correct tile or an incorrect tile). The targets can be sequential, random or any custom sequence which is easily programmable from the free FastPong mobile app that works both on android and ios. The squares can light up in blue or green depending on the situation and there is an internal scoreboard consisting of eight large 7 segment displays to show more detailed information directly on the device. There is also an optional external display, which clubs and coaches may find useful.

Training sessions can be saved, which enables players to analyse and share their performance, strengths and weaknesses as well as see the progress in their training. Recording sessions can include video footage direct from you phone or statistics only depending on your preference. In addition to the training modes and agility training there are also a number of one and two player games. The system works with any ball shooter, or can be used without a ball shooter if you prefer a manual feed from another player or your coach.

The boards connect together using magnets to make it easy to setup put away or store. We can do it in under 90 seconds. The system has been created from the outset with the table tennis player in mind and we trust that once you start to use it, you will appreciate the versatility of the system and how much fun you can have with it during your training.

Our experience with rolling out the system to professional teams as well as amateurs has been very rewarding so far. Even some coaches that were initially dubious about adopting new technology changed their minds after seeing their players training on the system and seeing the statistics appearing on the app.

The Journey : We are really happy with the final product, it is performing really well and the feedback from the users so far has been great. Producing hardware is especially challenging for small companies and every little change in the product leads to delays and increased costs. It has not been an easy journey. We have literally shed blood, sweat and tears creating this product, which at times was close to never being made. Now that the product is ready, we really want to tell everyone about it and would love if every table tennis player could try it for themselves. If you have had the chance to play with the product then please post your experience.

Here are some videos of the system in use
Please feel free to ask questions if you have any and I will do my best to answer them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
Hello everyone : After writing a quick hi, it was suggested that I post a new thread to introduce the FastPong table tennis training system.
My name is Kie, I am a cofounder at FastPong. Our company is based in Seoul, S.Korea and was originally started by Amir who is the CEO.

We have been working on this project for a long time, so you may have previously seen information about the system, but lots of things have changed (for the better). In fact there have been over 100 hardware upgrades and the hardware is finally complete, certified (FCC, CE, KC, RoHS, etc so that we can ship it anywhere in the world). The system has just started shipping.

fp01_20220131_720x.jpg

The System : The FastPong table tennis training system is a grid 8 of connected tiles that gives dynamic visual targets to the players in addition to immediate visual feedback showing where the ball hits (which might be the correct tile or an incorrect tile). The targets can be sequential, random or any custom sequence which is easily programmable from the free FastPong mobile app that works both on android and ios. The squares can light up in blue or green depending on the situation and there is an internal scoreboard consisting of eight large 7 segment displays to show more detailed information directly on the device. There is also an optional external display, which clubs and coaches may find useful.

Training sessions can be saved, which enables players to analyse and share their performance, strengths and weaknesses as well as see the progress in their training. Recording sessions can include video footage direct from you phone or statistics only depending on your preference. In addition to the training modes and agility training there are also a number of one and two player games. The system works with any ball shooter, or can be used without a ball shooter if you prefer a manual feed from another player or your coach.

The boards connect together using magnets to make it easy to setup put away or store. We can do it in under 90 seconds. The system has been created from the outset with the table tennis player in mind and we trust that once you start to use it, you will appreciate the versatility of the system and how much fun you can have with it during your training.

Our experience with rolling out the system to professional teams as well as amateurs has been very rewarding so far. Even some coaches that were initially dubious about adopting new technology changed their minds after seeing their players training on the system and seeing the statistics appearing on the app.

The Journey : We are really happy with the final product, it is performing really well and the feedback from the users so far has been great. Producing hardware is especially challenging for small companies and every little change in the product leads to delays and increased costs. It has not been an easy journey. We have literally shed blood, sweat and tears creating this product, which at times was close to never being made. Now that the product is ready, we really want to tell everyone about it and would love if every table tennis player could try it for themselves. If you have had the chance to play with the product then please post your experience.

Here are some videos of the system in use
Please feel free to ask questions if you have any and I will do my best to answer them.
recently Tom Lodziak did a review of the FastPong system, [url]https://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/review-fastpong-training-system/ [/url]
and he also did a video about using the system to improve shot accuracy.
Hope this will be of interest to everyone.