Blade upgrade suggestion

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
So guys it is that time I never actually believed that it would happen but after very hard training for almost 3 years I am getting to a very good level in my country I am playing with my old DHS PG3 great great blade for the price but when I make 2 steps away from the table and I start to loop some national level guy and he just places the racket close and accelerates and I have to prepare and swing harder to make up for the lack of speed and that leads to many unforced errors so I am planning to step on the big boys league my first carbon blade.
Me and my coach are thinking about innerforce alc or alc.s I don’t know how much the speed difference is will I lose a lot of control with the non s version my goal is to play those hard counters and still have the control to put the ball on the table where I barely made it in time with the footwork.If you guys tried out these blades tell me btw I am running tenergy 05 fx both sides atm.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
So guys it is that time I never actually believed that it would happen but after very hard training for almost 3 years I am getting to a very good level in my country I am playing with my old DHS PG3 great great blade for the price but when I make 2 steps away from the table and I start to loop some national level guy and he just places the racket close and accelerates and I have to prepare and swing harder to make up for the lack of speed and that leads to many unforced errors so I am planning to step on the big boys league my first carbon blade.
Me and my coach are thinking about innerforce alc or alc.s I don’t know how much the speed difference is will I lose a lot of control with the non s version my goal is to play those hard counters and still have the control to put the ball on the table where I barely made it in time with the footwork.If you guys tried out these blades tell me btw I am running tenergy 05 fx both sides atm.

First I must congratulate for training hard for 3 years 👍👍👍

PG3 has a thickness of about 5.5mm and it's a 5-ply blade. It's quite slow for the new ABS ball.

I've never played innerforce ALC but I've played Long 5 and W968. They are all in the same category. They aren't linear because:

1. At low impact - it's as slow as PG3
  2. At medium-high impact - it becomes as fast as any carbon blade

It's also harder to generate spin with innerforce. I would suggest changing to a harder wood blade so it's not a big step up. Stiga Intensity NCT has good flex and spin potential but hard enough to loop away from table. If you pair it with T05 you will surely have plenty of power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2019
For first carbon blade I would say go for IFLALC. It’s inner carbon and It has good control and good dwell and decent speed specially if you are using Tenergy 05! My 15 yr old son is using it in 84g with H3N provincial orange sponge on fh and Tenergy 19 on bh

I don’t know how you play but you are asking about first carbon blade and I would say entry level carbon the IFLALC is a good choice. I’m a butterfly user so I can’t advise on other brands only my opinion on what I have used and tried before and fact my son uses it.

NDH

says Spin to win!

Hey - Congrats on the training!

It's hard to properly advise without seeing you play, but to answer your question of ALC.S vs ALC, I wouldn't worry too much - The difference is very small.

Personally, I would go for the IFALC.

It's a great step into the Carbon world, and works very well for players using carbon for the first time, and very experienced players who already have the power and speed, but want more control and touch.

Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I don't know how Tenergy 05fx works with a ALC blade, but there are quite a lot to choose from. From my experience I have found these ALC blades quite nice: DHS Power G5X, Yinhe V14 PRO, Sanwei HC-5S and Sanwei EX-C Froster. Otherwise perhaps you should look for a faster wooden blade like DHS Power G9, DHS Power G7 or Sanwei V5 PRO.