DHS PG7 substitute of clipper??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
i played with both blades finally. clipper is a bit faster and more solid/stiff. good blades for their price.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Not the same, totally not the same. Clipper has more power and heavier, the face is also bigger. I wouldn't recommend DHS G7 to any one yet as I have not try yet. The feel of both blades without rubber is different, Clipper is more solid.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I think you get a lot of DHS PG7 for its price. The construction of the blade is Limba/red-ayous/ayous/ayous/ayous/red-ayous/Limba, because of the outer ply is Limba you get a lot of dwell time when you play. But when you need speed it gives you speed. I would definitely recommend it to playes that aren't beginners.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
yep, similar construction but thinner red plies.
wood used varies a lot in quality.
if you want pg7 with better qc go with tg7.

yinhe uranus 2 is a clipper clone and costs similar to pg7.
besides this one yinhe has at least 3 more clipper clone models but this one seems the most popular.
also 729 L-5 but I don't know much about the quality of 729 blades.

also from dhs you have tg7-cp with same clipper construction, but I think price is similar.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
There are many clones of the Clipper: Yinhe M6( old clipper which is supposed to be lighter), Yinhe M5 (the clipper that we find nowadays), Hrt Clipper Clone, Yinhe U2. All these blades are supposed to be solid handle like the classic clipper.

729 a-2
729 l-5
dhs tg7-cp
yinhe mc-3 (this would be like clipper cr)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
the price of PG7 is lower than clipper. at the same time,the quality assurance of PG7 have no guarantee