How long before a tournament should we change rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hello,

I have been playing with dignics 09c and tenergy 05fx for a year now. I really like this combination. I usually change these rubbers in about 3 months. I played about 4-5 times a week. I have a tournament in about a week. Would it be advisable to change these rubbers one week before a tournament or is it too close? Please let me know.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Read 3 reviews
It depends on how you feel when you change those rubbers and how old your current ones. For example, I liked to change T05 about 1-1.5 weeks before important games, but if they are like 1.5 month old, then I didn't make any changes. Acuda s1 and hexer - 1-2 trainings before in case they are older than 1.5 month, mx-p - 1 week and 2.5 month. If I needed to change my current setup I think I would go with 1-2 practice sessions for k3 and 3-4 for mx-d. You should know which phase of rubber life you like more and syncronize rubber change to make that best phase to cover tournament

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
You almost never don't need to change if you are using Anti (with dampening or dead sponge) or OX or hardbat or sandpaper

But if you are using a dead sponge anti, make sure you give it some natural solar treatment (leave it out in the sun) , since chemical treatment is illegal 😂

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It really would depend on you. Some people get used to equipment changes quickly. Some people take a while to adjust to equipment changes. The only change you are making is the same rubbers but new....so maximum grip. If you think 5 min of warm up is all you need to be used to that change than what Der_Echte said about having 2 or 3 sessions with the new rubber is all you need and, just as he said, the reason would be to make sure your gluing job does not show up any air pockets.

If you think it will take more than 1 session to get used to the new rubbers FOR YOU, then you would want to add extra sessions based on how many sessions you think it will take to get used to the new rubber. Like, I have heard some people talk about it taking a few weeks for them to get used to new equipment, if that was the case you would probably want a month.

But, again, it really depends on you and since you are only going to new rubbers of the same kind you have been using, I think it is very possible, Der_Echte's post is all you need.

Reactions: guni4you