Probably the most expensive blade in the world.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
NITTAKU RESOUD

Resoud.jpg

I came across this some time ago, and only now I have the opportunity to create a thread about it. Crazy as it may seem, the blade retails at EUR2,064.17 (http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/tt-blade-nittaku-resoud-st)

Anyone interested doing a review on it?? Hahaha I know most of you will say, if I buy it, you'll be more than happy to review it!!:)

The Resoud Story – Forest fostered the ultimate table tennis blade The original “Violin blade” was born at the beginning of 1990s. At that time, Mr. Nakata who was a staff of one of the world famous manufacturer of guitars just started to develop unheard-of table tennis blade which was applied stringed instrument production technology. However his dream did not come true. Ten years has passed since then, Mr. Junichi Matsui, Development Section Chief of Nittaku Company found out one of this sample blade in his belongings by chance and this story had been developed again. He tried and tested again and again for dozens of kinds of glue used for stringed instruments. Also the Japanese top players willingly helped him to make tests of several samples of table tennis blades to inspect the most suitable combination between glue and plywood for the table tennis blade.

After repeated trial and error, the flexibility and the impetus fused and ideal blade finally was born. The name of this blade was “Violin” because it was produced by applying stringed instruments production technology. “Whenever customers asked me if plywood materials of “Violin” blade were the same as violin of stringed instruments or not, I had to answer that the plywood materials were not the same as violin but we just applied the stringed instruments production technology. And since then I had a dream that one day I could produce the blade made of the same plywood of violin instruments.” Said Mr. Matsui and his dream took an unexpected turn.

In 2007 autumn, one of table tennis fan brought Resoud forest home-grown spruce wood which was used by very famous atelier for top quality guitar in Vallee de Joux, Switzerland to his office. Resoud forest home-grown spruce wood is so-called world finest quality wood and a famous Stradivarius is also made with this wood, it means that this spruce wood is an authentic violin material. The red dyed color wood of the grip is imported from Europe and brown wood of the grip is wenge wood which is used in body and finger board of guitar. Besides, the “Resoud” brass plate on the grip end represents luxury status. Resoud blade has special close surface, just-fit grip and very clear sound when hitting the ball. When you meet Resoud blade, you surely will feel the soul of Resoud forest which has been creating the finest stringed instruments over the hundreds years!

http://www.tabletennis11.com

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Whoa! And I thought that Handmade Kokutaku 9008 is the most expensive (around 1125 EUR).
I doubt any pro would use that though :p

Talking about ideal blade for all playing style there have been some claim so I guess this is not the first.
If I am not mistaken there is this Re-Impact Dream blade (read in OOAKForum) which turns out not to be THAT ideal.
This blade, however, I will look for further news..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
The handle is PURPLE... Who wants that anyway :p Really manufacturing a blade and pricing it like this makes no sense at all. It is so far beyond any normal price for a piece of wood. I think most of us (including me) find more than € 100 quite much for a blade already. However, if you buy this one, no shipping costs :D That's good huh.

Mar 2011
I think the blade playability itself is quite ordinary. There are a lot more blades out there play better. But, I think the price is due to the rareness of the wood, identical to the worlds famous Stradivarius violin.

And Matt, even if I hit the edge is enough to make me cry:), if I break it, I probably would just go mental hahaha

says Just got my first racquet!
Haha. Cool find, Azlan. I was doing some research and it turns out spruce (the wood that the Resoud is made with) is a very stiff but light-weight wood. With this information, we can probably get a general idea about how it plays. Also, spruce is a common wood used in instruments. This means that either they're ripping whoever wants to buy it off or they're using a special type of spruce.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Tsk, tsk. All you poor people trying to put down a product simply because you can't afford it. Greed and envy indeed. Next thing you'll be saying that a Lexus for far less money will do the same as a Phantom. Heaven help you ignorant peasants.

Tsk, jumping to conclusions so fast... ;) If the blade would really be worth it's money, pro's would use it and we would probably all be familiar with it. I think it is new to most of us if not all of us, and I challenge you to find a pro that uses it. If they find their best blade to be maybe some 100's, imagine what it would take to justify a € 2,000 price. It's more a thing of logic thinking that makes us 'put down' the product. You can't look in our wallets as well, who says we can't afford it :) Maybe for some of us it's pocket money ^^

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Tsk, tsk. All you poor people trying to put down a product simply because you can't afford it. Greed and envy indeed. Next thing you'll be saying that a Lexus for far less money will do the same as a Phantom. Heaven help you ignorant peasants.

Hold it right there tinykin!
Does that mean that you want to buy it and kindly review it for us?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Did you know purple is the color of the rich and royal back in the days? so its very logical and right they used purple on this blade ^.^

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, if it is Spruce that this blade is made of, here is a list of some of the blades that have Spruce in them:

Stiga Offensive Classic, (Offensive CR, Offensive NCT)
Avalox P-500
Butterfly Kong Linghui
Stiga Ebenholz NCT V
Stiga Rosewood NCT V

Now all these blades use the Spruce as the layer in between the top ply and the core. But I don't think that Spruce is a wood that is hard to get or all that expensive. Hinoki is harder to get and more expensive than Spruce as far as I know.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Did you know purple is the color of the rich and royal back in the days? so its very logical and right they used purple on this blade ^.^

Yes indeed. As far as the time before Christ (BC), purple dye is quite on the rare side, thus making it expensive, hence makes it available only to the rich and the royal..