How to boost your table tennis rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
The technique is good.

You say "apply the glue", however booster is not glue.
After boostering, you have to use glue.

Also, I mostly use 3 layers.. and that's not really that fast. I also use the bio booster. Off course depends on the rubber.

1 big booster culpit: Your rubber expands, it get's bigger thus you have to cut it every time you use booster. So after a couple of times of boostering, you're rubber will die easily.

This user has no status.
i'm wondering when to apply booster on the rubber? will booster really helps? currently all top rubbers are labeled "with speed glued effect built-in" and "not recommanded of using booster and/or over gluing". so do i apply booster in a new rubber or do i apply it after the rubber is no longer has the "speed glued effect"?

http://ttnpp.com/shop/table-tennis-rubber-booster-haifu-oil-substitute-50ml-p-402.html will this works?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Didn't try this... It can help..
I apply booster when I'm not happy anymore about my rubbers, when they 're at 75% of their life

This user has no status.
Does this work? Has anyone tried this out?

I tried this on a factory bought paddle a long time ago, and I severely advice against it. The rubber will expand and start splitting from the paddle at the edges (you will notice bubbles and separation). I noticed that while it did not restore the "tackiness" on the rubber, it did give it some much needed life (i think it rehydrated it somewhat). If you wish to try this, remove the rubber from the paddle before you do it (and re-glue later). Also, wait a while, since the effect wont appear right away (may take a week). If you take the rubber out, you can boost the sponge as well. (I do not know how well this will work against expensive rubbers. Again, mine was a store bought stiga titan paddle for around $20).

Reactions: Suga D