Speedglue Vs Tensor Rubber

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Hi everybody

A few years ago I was ready to change to Waterbased Glue due to the speed-glue ban.

I bought myself some Tensor Rubbers and applied Waterbased glue, but I found these rubbers too slow.

The next step was boosting, but with the 3Days or at least 24 hours - in advance - boosting, I found this really annoying.

So I started speedglueing again, even with Tensor Rubbers and it felt magical once more. I did have some trouble with Tibhar & Xiom rubbers however, that here and there a few pips let loose of the sponge, so I could throw these rubbers in the trash. (My friend also had it with 2 of his Xiom rubbers)
I'm using Tenergy now and I don't have the problem anymore, even with speedglueing.

My question now is, if it was really the speedglue - Tensor combo that made my pips get loose (tensor glue dissolving?), or was it just a coincidence?
Since I like the tibhar & Xiom rubbers very much, and they are much cheaper... Are there any other options here? Is there any official info concerning this effect?

And no, I don't feel guilty about speedglueing... :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
I don't think it's the speed glue. I've also played with xiom but without speed glue and still I've had "bubbles" in the rubbers. I think my personal record is breaking 1 xiom in 2 hours of practice. If I try to highlight the exact point it broke I would have to say topspin topspin after warming up.