Tactical ways to serve with spin!

says Dear Madam or Sir: Spring Training Camp can register...
says Dear Madam or Sir: Spring Training Camp can register...
Oct 2010
The diversity of table tennis spin and the richness of the curve which brought by the spin are unique in the all kinds of ball sports. So, how to create a variety of spin, especially the spin movements are similar, but they are different in nature? It should be mainly noted as follow:
(1) Use different parts of the racket to strike and rub the ball, and serve different revolving balls. For example, use the underside and upside of the racket to strike and rub the ball, it will serve matching revolving and non-spinning balls.
(2) Stretch the racket with spiral line. If you strike and rub the ball in different periods and directions, it will bring different spin. Strike the ball in under spiral line direction will bring under spiral spin. Strike the ball in up spiral line direction will bring up spiral spin.
(3) Serve the ball with wrist in different ways will bring different spin. If you serve-bounce the ball, it won’t be spin. If you serve the ball in up spiral line way, it will be up spiral spin.
(4) Appropriately increase the sponge thickness and racket stickiness, it can enhance the spin of table tennis, especially when you use the big ball, this problem seems more important.
(5) Increase the time and distance in the racket by increasing the joint effect. For example, when you serve the revolving spiral balls, it should rub the ball with the right side closed to the racket. When you serve non-spinning balls, it should rub the ball with the left side closed to the racket.
(6) Appropriately increase the actions, speed up the swaying rate and lightly cut , in this condition that the swaying direction is faraway form the focus of the ball, the more fast swaying, the more strong serve , meanwhile , the strength of rubbing the ball is more strong . So, the spin of the ball can be strengthened.
Chinese national table tennis training center (cntttc.org)

Reactions: azlan

jkc

says You sent me the following PM which you didn't ask for a...

jkc

Nov 2010
He means what anyone from CNTTTC means - 'Here is and extract from a chinese coaching manual which has been stuck in a translator and now makes little sense.' BY THE WAY THANKS FOR THE FREE ADVERT FOR CNTTTC.'.

jkc

jkc

Nov 2010
Based on that vid, he looks nearer 2459 to me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Easy, angle of contact x direction of stroke. Simply adding more spin will always improve your game assuming you understand the mechanics of the spin.