PDA

View Full Version : WTT in Budapest 2022

Takkyu_wa_inochi
07-14-2022, 05:02 PM
The Japanese Men's Team is having a disastrous tournament...
Niwa, Uda, Harimoto , Togami (twice !!!) knocked out by tier2 players...

Felix Lebrun performed very well, he can even regret not having converted 2 game points in G4 against Ma Long.

i hope Diaz will finally get kicked out of top10 after losing to yet another out-of-top-20 player. how do those ratings work

Michael Zhuang
07-14-2022, 05:16 PM
Harimoto doesn't seem like a top 10 player anymore

Dr Evil
07-14-2022, 06:26 PM
Looks like Timo switched back to his Boll ALC. Hopefully sign that he's fully recovered from his injuries.

vik
07-15-2022, 02:11 PM
Takkyu_wa_inochi;375197The Japanese Men's Team is having a disastrous tournament...

Felix Lebrun performed very well, he can even regret not having converted 2 game points in G4 against Ma Long.

i hope Diaz will finally get kicked out of top10 after losing to yet another out-of-top-20 player. how do those ratings work
What happened to Harimoto?He was better at 15 than now.

Draycott old man
07-15-2022, 02:43 PM
The Japanese Men's Team is having a disastrous tournament...

The Lebrun brothers are on fire at the moment!!! They both got to semi finals of the national French Championships!!! Europe has some top players!!!! Everyone's a world away from the Chinese!!! Just hope we can close the gap !!!

TaiHaoPingPong
07-15-2022, 09:47 PM

That was a great match, and more closely contested than just seeing the 3-1 scoreline would suggest. Felix showed no fear.

I also thought it was cool when commentator mentioned that masked Ma Long was in the stands by himself watching Lebrun's previous match to analyse. He clearly respects his game, probably even more so after the fight he put up today

mrk
07-16-2022, 10:29 PM
What happened to Harimoto?He was better at 15 than now.

He is taller and heavier which I guess wasn't helpful for his close to the table play. He couldn't really improve his footwork during the last years, he has technical deficiencies on his forehand and I think his service and overall play isn't flexible enough. Other young players like Moregard or Lebrun have better footwork and improved a lot more in the last years. It seems like Harimoto is progressing in the doubles/mixed games, in the singles it's the opposite. He is not a real Top 10 player anymore. In general the japanese men are in bad shape lately. They have a new head coach and seems like it's not progressing well for them.

SFF_lib
07-17-2022, 05:05 AM
Will WTT live stream Men’s final on YouTube? I would like to watch Truls VS WCQ.

if not, where can you stream live? I have a paid VPN

SamTheMan
07-17-2022, 02:23 PM
What did you think of Wang Chuqins serves? Illegal or not? They looked like they could be hidden, but hard to tell from the camera angles and lack of replays…

igorponger
07-17-2022, 02:46 PM
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1jN4y1M714 (https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1jN4y1M714?p=4&vd_source=852efc095dc9e0caeef132ca8bad3deb) Mens Singles Final
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1934y1J7w9 (https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1934y1J7w9?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0&vd_source=852efc095dc9e0caeef132ca8bad3deb) Mens Doubles Final
and so forth .....

yoass
07-19-2022, 11:08 AM
Watching the live stream I see recent results, with a 3-2 win over Wang Chuqin by Kristian Karlsson.

Formidable upset, if true. What happened?

Jeppe950
07-19-2022, 11:50 AM
Watching the live stream I see recent results, with a 3-2 win over Wang Chuqin by Kristian Karlsson.

I will preface this by mentioning I was unable to watch the Karlsson-Wang game, but I imagine it was a combination of a strong Karlsson who was looking for revenge after his early exist last week combined with a Wang who might not have reached his peak or felt tired after the event a few days ago. Not making any excuses for Wang though and Karlsson deserves a big win to me. I feel as if Möregårdh will suffer the same fate later today and lose to Freitas..

Takkyu_wa_inochi
07-19-2022, 12:34 PM
i just watched the end of Karlsson v WCQ. he was down 7-9 in the decider and played 4 perfect points...

AfroBro
07-19-2022, 12:50 PM
Great match getting going between Alexis and Dima right now. Already a bit of tension but I love that Alexis doesn't seem to care who he's playing. I noticed Felix giving Ma Long looks for not playing at his (very fast) speed last week and thought this kid has some attitude - same for his bro apparently. Gotta love their creativity too.

SamTheMan
07-19-2022, 12:57 PM

He wanted to try if he could win with legal serves this time…

latej
07-19-2022, 01:00 PM
4 perfect points...

4 perfect drops :-) (https://youtu.be/JdLBpcguoDM?t=12)

Jeppe950
07-19-2022, 04:03 PM
I will preface this by mentioning I was unable to watch the Karlsson-Wang game, but I imagine it was a combination of a strong Karlsson who was looking for revenge after his early exist last week combined with a Wang who might not have reached his peak or felt tired after the event a few days ago. Not making any excuses for Wang though and Karlsson deserves a big win to me. I feel as if Möregårdh will suffer the same fate later today and lose to Freitas..
I was right about Freitas vs Möregårdh. I remember last year after WTT Contender Budapest that Möregårdh won, he went to a smaller ITTF event in Czechia and went out in the semis being tired/injured. It takes a toll to play in events 2 days after you finished one. Freitas is also a strong player that has beaten Möregårdh every time in the past.

igorponger
07-19-2022, 07:17 PM

Chinese's racket got banned for having too thick rubbers. Wang Chuqin known to boost a lot.

Garrison
07-19-2022, 07:43 PM
Terrible first two sets from Timo. So many unforced errors. Glad he pulled through. He let Jha do the mistakes

igorponger
07-19-2022, 08:20 PM
Time Schedule easy to understand
https://worldtabletennis.com/results?selectedTab=DRAWS

igorponger
07-19-2022, 08:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DU9KUVdmYw

FAQ:
— How could Chinese go on with boosters without being penalized?
A:
— Wang Hao was the only chinese who got penalized for using booster, back in 2015. Since then, Chinese had learned the lesson and took certain precautions for a possible racket inspection. The best effective prevention from being penalized is the voluntary safety-control on the racket.
Herewith, you can see Fan Zhedong came in for a voluntary control prior to entering the playing court.