PDA

View Full Version : Videos from Today

Tony's Table Tennis
07-21-2022, 06:37 PM
Thanks to the kids mom, I have some recordings from today's session.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/1BzPMnHGZh8?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
07-21-2022, 06:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/5L_yrulHAZg?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

VictorMoraga
07-21-2022, 06:40 PM
Nice training session 🙌 🏓 🔥

Tony's Table Tennis
07-21-2022, 06:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/sDfYfr0WVe8?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
07-21-2022, 06:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/XtDlYbHaYgE?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Michael Zhuang
07-21-2022, 07:03 PM
Very cool.

Why is doing this type of multiball training better than just rallying with the kid and hitting those 1-2 FH drills?

Michael Zhuang
07-21-2022, 07:04 PM
Btw what country is this in? Your flag says South Africa, and I see a lot of young Asian kids playing.

PingBirdPong
07-22-2022, 12:36 AM
Wow Tony, these are some high level kids!
I do have one question though, on the BH against backspin, does the wrist movement lead the swing or does it follow the forearm?
Thanks

Lycanthrope
07-22-2022, 01:00 AM
Nice loop. How long has this kid been training?

Tony's Table Tennis
07-22-2022, 02:10 AM
Very cool.

Why is doing this type of multiball training better than just rallying with the kid and hitting those 1-2 FH drills?
Each has they own advantages. You need to be doing both to understand the values.
To summarize, you can push the player more with multiball

Tony's Table Tennis
07-22-2022, 02:12 AM
Wow Tony, these are some high level kids!
I do have one question though, on the BH against backspin, does the wrist movement lead the swing or does it follow the forearm?
Thanks
The motion is together.
wrist and forearm is together.
I can hear myself telling the kid that there is too much elbow. Which means he is using too much of the arm and throwing out the arm after the contact and making a big stroke. Some times kids think the bigger the stroke, the higher chance of getting the ball over. Meanwhile, it is the brushing/contact of the ball that counts. Every extra distance afterwards is not that important

Tony's Table Tennis
07-22-2022, 02:12 AM
Nice loop. How long has this kid been training?
I think around 2~3 years

Tony's Table Tennis
07-23-2022, 02:10 PM
I think around 2~3 years
Okay, found out
Just short of 2 years or so.
He has been training with one of my friends for a year now (only with him once a week).
Its holiday now, so they arranged for him to join the girls team.

That feed to him was the 1st time I'm feeding to him (started off with 2 point fh and did it very gentle).
He is 10 turning 11 years old, new to the sport and very energetic - He will make sure my bucket is full to the MAX before the drills.

Deankeln
07-23-2022, 05:31 PM
So cool and nice!!

Tony's Table Tennis
07-26-2022, 12:51 PM
Helping out our junior high school team today, the main players went to national trials (U13), while the older players and younger players came to us.

So I took one of the youngest (8 or 9), with only around 1 to 1.5 years of training.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/DdEpNaKnUaE?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
07-26-2022, 01:00 PM
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/349/22/07/26/S%20184066118%20jpg.jpeg
5 table doing multiball. Table at the far back (behind me), is lead by a former Olympian/top 30 in the world

Gozo
07-26-2022, 01:06 PM
Hi Tony,Been trying hard to figure this out. You state you are in South Africa in your profile but the video shown a demographic that is not consistent with normal expectation. Where are the natives? Are you in an enclave or something? Embassy area or something like that?

Tony's Table Tennis
07-26-2022, 01:15 PM
Hi Tony,Been trying hard to figure this out. You state you are in South Africa in your profile but the video shown a demographic that is not consistent with normal expectation. Where are the natives? Are you in an enclave or something? Embassy area or something like that?

Hi Gozo,
i'm not in South Africa now.
I created my profile as Tony's Table Tennis. Which is also a business name that operates in South Africa - So, in essence, i'm a public figure :)
However, over the years, I always travel a lot. So it is normal to see me feeding multiballs all over the world.

Tony's Table Tennis
07-26-2022, 01:47 PM
Are you in an enclave or something? Embassy area or something like that?

However, this does open up for some fun.

Yes, I'm in a secret training facility in Africa 🤣

PingBirdPong
07-26-2022, 03:59 PM
Hi Gozo,
i'm not in South Africa now.
I created my profile as Tony's Table Tennis. Which is also a business name that operates in South Africa - So, in essence, i'm a public figure :)
However, over the years, I always travel a lot. So it is normal to see me feeding multiballs all over the world.
Tony, international balls since 20xx
🤣

Tony's Table Tennis
07-26-2022, 04:02 PM
Tony, international balls since 20xx
🤣
are you talking about this?

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/566/22/07/26/thumbnail/TTT%20Ball%20jpg.jpeg (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/566/22/07/26/TTT%20Ball%20jpg.jpeg)

UpSideDownCarl
07-26-2022, 04:15 PM
Very cool.

Each has they own advantages. You need to be doing both to understand the values.
To summarize, you can push the player more with multiball
One of the interesting things to see is how Tony is reading the needs of the trainee and adding the random element into the drill to an extent that makes it very productive. It would be harder to do that if Tony was just blocking back but it still can be done.I actually find it very interesting to watch Tony coach and how, in each of the clips it is easy to see how well he is reading the trainee....even to the point of stopping and giving a small direction cue when the trainee has gotten into a bad rhythm. Just that brief pause can cause things to reset so the trainee comes out of that rhythm and finds the right groove for the stroke again.Tony is doing much more than simply feeding balls in all of these clips and to me, it is impressive to see.....you can really see that he is a real coach who is comfortable showing the actual process.And the big thing to see is to watch how Tony is really, really, reading the needs of his trainee for their continued progression and development.

Tony's Table Tennis
07-26-2022, 04:53 PM
One of the interesting things to see is how Tony is reading the needs of the trainee and adding the random element into the drill to an extent that makes it very productive. It would be harder to do that if Tony was just blocking back but it still can be done.I actually find it very interesting to watch Tony coach and how, in each of the clips it is easy to see how well he is reading the trainee....even to the point of stopping and giving a small direction cue when the trainee has gotten into a bad rhythm. Just that brief pause can cause things to reset so the trainee comes out of that rhythm and finds the right groove for the stroke again.Tony is doing much more than simply feeding balls in all of these clips and to me, it is impressive to see.....you can really see that he is a real coach who is comfortable showing the actual process.And the big thing to see is to watch how Tony is really, really, reading the needs of his trainee for their continued progression and development.
Well spotted!!

It is very difficult to teach players (who feed to each other) to read the trainee.
To me, multiball is useless if you can't read the player. Might as well as just getting a robot.
And for that reason, that is also why I think robots are useless for proper training (getting fit and training to improve is different).

Pushing the limits with multiball, is indeed reading, and knowing how far you can push.
Some talking/encouraging is also required, and resetting is SO important.
If you go through a batch of "bad" shots, then you need to stop it, give the trainee few seconds to reset, and restart.

PS, the first few videos - that boy is American.
He hopes to surface in the future and challenge national team position (that is the kid's dream, of what I heard from his coach).

and Darryl was here few months ago, Sally came here when she was in elementary school already, and many of the girls you see in the background are Sally's junior high school teammates.
Sally didn't join our school, as she's been training with guys for the past while so went to a guys tt team school nearby (but would request to have practice matches with our girls before tournaments).

Tony's Table Tennis
07-26-2022, 05:02 PM
I recall a while back on this forum, there was talks about cross over.

The underspin full table feed to the boy, and the 3 point fh feed to the girl - wide FH is all cross over

PingBirdPong
07-26-2022, 11:39 PM
I recall a while back on this forum, there was talks about cross over.

The underspin full table feed to the boy, and the 3 point fh feed to the girl - wide FH is all cross over
Underspin full table is one of the most painful drills I’ve ever done with a damaged knee. I like to call it the “homework”

Lycanthrope
07-27-2022, 01:11 AM
Well spotted!!

It is very difficult to teach players (who feed to each other) to read the trainee.
To me, multiball is useless if you can't read the player. Might as well as just getting a robot.
And for that reason, that is also why I think robots are useless for proper training (getting fit and training to improve is different).

Pushing the limits with multiball, is indeed reading, and knowing how far you can push.
Some talking/encouraging is also required, and resetting is SO important.
If you go through a batch of "bad" shots, then you need to stop it, give the trainee few seconds to reset, and restart.

PS, the first few videos - that boy is American.
He hopes to surface in the future and challenge national team position (that is the kid's dream, of what I heard from his coach).

and Darryl was here few months ago, Sally came here when she was in elementary school already, and many of the girls you see in the background are Sally's junior high school teammates.
Sally didn't join our school, as she's been training with guys for the past while so went to a guys tt team school nearby (but would request to have practice matches with our girls before tournaments).
That's the techniques that an outstanding coach possesses. It explains why many excellent players are unable to be excellent coaches.

UpSideDownCarl
07-27-2022, 02:24 AM
That's the techniques that an outstanding coach possesses. It explains why many excellent players are unable to be excellent coaches.It also explains why Tony is happy to post footage of him working with his students and EmratThich is not! There is a difference between a real coach and someone who just posts stuff about principles but does not show himself, his work or the progress of the people he works with. One is in plain sight and one is hiding and pretending.

Tony's Table Tennis
07-27-2022, 02:30 AM
Underspin full table is one of the most painful drills I’ve ever done with a damaged knee. I like to call it the “homework”
Then you are better than me!!!

I can feed it, I can no longer receive those feeds haha

Tony's Table Tennis
07-27-2022, 02:50 AM
It also explains why Tony is happy to post footage of him working with his students and EmratThich is not! There is a difference between a real coach and someone who just posts stuff about principles but does not show himself, his work or the progress of the people he works with. One is in plain sight and one is hiding and pretending.
Well, if I also have the free time like ERT who can edit videos, make channels, blog, vlog, I would become a bigger celebrity than him/her.

But, I am working full time (flexi hours) and assisting with the school to the time of around 10-15 hours a week (they train 30 hours during school term, now it is holiday, so they doing around 40~45 hours a week).

So even though, my TT hours is less than 20 hours a week, but my total work hours is over 50 a week and I have a young family to take care of too.
So having saying that, I don't see how ERT would even have the time to put in coaching hours, by being a full time youtuber.
I tried to do my own video editing and posting, but those 2 to 3 hours (min) a day, is time I don't have. And I trust you need a good 4-8 hours a day to stay on top of the youtuber game.

And I agree, if you want to be in the trade, you need to be hands on and other than learning from seniors before you, to also experience things yourself, so you can one day have your own way to teach.

In South Africa, not to be arrogant, I do consider myself to be top of the coaching game (including introducing the culture of multiball to many coaches and players there - to the extent, I produced my own training ball, to sell to them, which is better quality than most brands, and at a portion of the price). But in Asia, I am simply a junior, a no-name, I still have so much to learn from all the more advance minds in the game. Just like the 3 coaches I am learning from in this school.

One is near retirement, he has been a full time coach for nearly 40 years. His former student's kids are now his student. His former student is now his colleague, his former student's student is now his student. Then we have a former top 30 in the world, and wealth of pro circuit experience, and coach for near 2 decade, someone who went through the old school and succeeded, many kids look up to him and follow him - even when he moved cities (yes, the kids moved cities to stay with him!!). Then we have a younger one (former student of the head coach) and someone who knows the game so well, that he is often acts as a role as technical analysis for live matches (TV)

Otherwise, you are as good as a story teller, of which ERT is. He only tells the stories of others and its a pity, we can't hear of anything of his own, or that of his students. To me, the likes of ERT can be replaced any given day. Unless one can produce they own stories to share.

I do encourage all hidden youtubers, to come out, just like many that do - including the likes of Dan and TTD family - it is just so much better for the sport than just being a rebroadcaster, story teller hidden away in the back.

PingBirdPong
07-27-2022, 02:55 AM
Well, if I also have the free time like ERT who can edit videos, make channels, blog, vlog, I would become a bigger celebrity than him/her.

But, I am working full time (flexi hours) and assisting with the school to the time of around 10-15 hours a week (they train 30 hours during school term, now it is holiday, so they doing around 40~45 hours a week).

So even though, my TT hours is less than 20 hours a week, but my total work hours is over 50 a week and I have a young family to take care of too.
So having saying that, I don't see how ERT would even have the time to put in coaching hours, by being a full time youtuber.
I tried to do my own video editing and posting, but those 2 to 3 hours (min) a day, is time I don't have. And I trust you need a good 4-8 hours a day to stay on top of the youtuber game.

And I agree, if you want to be in the trade, you need to be hands on and other than learning from seniors before you, to also experience things yourself, so you can one day have your own way to teach.

In South Africa, not to be arrogant, I do consider myself to be top of the coaching game (including introducing the culture of multiball to many coaches and players there - to the extent, I produced my own training ball, to sell to them, which is better quality than most brands, and at a portion of the price). But in Asia, I am simply a junior, a no-name, I still have so much to learn from all the more advance minds in the game. Just like the 3 coaches I am learning from in this school.

One is near retirement, he has been a full time coach for nearly 40 years. His former student's kids are now his student. His former student is now his colleague, his former student's student is now his student. Then we have a former top 30 in the world, and wealth of pro circuit experience, and coach for near 2 decade, someone who went through the old school and succeeded, many kids look up to him and follow him - even when he moved cities (yes, the kids moved cities to stay with him!!). Then we have a younger one (former student of the head coach) and someone who knows the game so well, that he is often acts as a role as technical analysis for live matches (TV)

Otherwise, you are as good as a story teller, of which ERT is. He only tells the stories of others and its a pity, we can't hear of anything of his own, or that of his students. To me, the likes of ERT can be replaced any given day. Unless one can produce they own stories to share.

I do encourage all hidden youtubers, to come out, just like many that do - including the likes of Dan and TTD family - it is just so much better for the sport than just being a rebroadcaster, story teller hidden away in the back.
I mean, realistically one can only focus on one main thing at a time. If you focus on being a YouTuber, then you have no time to become a great coach. But, if you become a great coach first, then become a YouTuber, you can be both. I fully support Tony making a TT channel when he has the time.😁

PingBirdPong
07-27-2022, 02:57 AM
Then you are better than me!!!

I can feed it, I can no longer receive those feeds haha
Humble and funny you are🤣
I never said I could return those feeds well, I get about 5 out of 10, and only 3 are good quality.
I need serious help🙃

Tony's Table Tennis
07-27-2022, 03:45 AM
I mean, realistically one can only focus on one main thing at a time. If you focus on being a YouTuber, then you have no time to become a great coach. But, if you become a great coach first, then become a YouTuber, you can be both. I fully support Tony making a TT channel when he has the time.😁
What I have witness in Asia
Kids starting at 6 or 8, ends at 18, uses TT to get into University (or departs from TT in uni), so say they are involved in tt till say 21 or 24 - that is a good 80% of their lives in TT (near 20 years) and want nothing more to do with TT after studies..

Then you get those that stay on to be a coach, so say from 25 to 40, or 25 to 50, or 25 to 60.
Its difficult to be a coach when you are older for various reasons.

So now, we talking, someone who is 50 years old and has over 40 years of TT, or 60 years old with 50 years of TT.
I honestly don't think they will have any more energy for youtubing of TT.

I'm not sure if the western world can understand the amount of TT involved, that so many want to no longer be part of it.
In the western world, with so little TT in a week, the life cycle can be till your 90 years old +.
In Asia, any pro/semi pro, hardly see them over 60 still active with the bat. Either up in some admin / management position, or totally out of it.
Of course your amateur space is up to 90+

Gozo
07-27-2022, 04:26 AM
Humble and funny you are🤣I never said I could return those feeds well, I get about 5 out of 10, and only 3 are good quality.I need serious help🙃
What a wuss...Come on Tony! Give me those feeds. I am hungry for more feeds. I have plenty of vicodin / oxycodone at home on stand-by. As El Kapitan Amerika says, " Come on! I could do this all day! "

PingBirdPong
07-27-2022, 05:02 AM
What a wuss...Come on Tony! Give me those feeds. I am hungry for more feeds. I have plenty of vicodin / oxycodone at home on stand-by. As El Kapitan Amerika says, " Come on! I could do this all day! "
Oxycodone is addictive, be careful🙂

Tony's Table Tennis
07-27-2022, 05:15 AM
That's the spirit.

That little girl from yesterday comes from a more "rural" part of the country.
This holiday, the parents sent her (away from home) to a TT school (she is 8....) , so she can train at more structured and reputable training centres in the country.

So yesterday, when I saw she was tired in the drill. I said, okay go rest and another alternating player can come on.
She looked at me and shook her head and said no, she is not tired and she wants to continue (also because she didn't finish the container of balls - around 150~200 balls)
When I said, okay, lets continue.... I could see that joy in her eyes.
And when she said no, she is not tired, there was also that shock and sadness too.

very touching

Gozo
07-27-2022, 05:19 AM
That's the spirit.

This holiday, the parents sent her (away from home) to a TT school (she is 8....) , so she can train at more structured and reputable training centres in the country.

So yesterday, when I saw she was tired in the drill. I said, okay go rest and another alternating player can come on.
She looked at me and shook her head and said no, she is not tired and she wants to continue (also because she didn't finish the container of balls - around 150~200 balls)
And when she said no, she is not tired, there was also that shock and sadness too.

very touching
What a smart consumer. She is demanding the best bang for her buck! Her parents taught her well. She is like, " Tony, I want my money's worth. Every penny of it. Now, work my arse off. I am paying you good money "

PingBirdPong
07-27-2022, 05:46 AM
That's the spirit.

very touching
“知之者不如好之者,好之者不如乐之者”
It mean that the best people at something are the ones that take joy from it. The girl with her attitude, is bound to be a hell of a player. Please send my best regards and immense respect!🫡

Gozo
07-28-2022, 01:03 AM
are you talking about this?

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/566/22/07/26/thumbnail/TTT%20Ball%20jpg.jpeg (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/server/php/files/38/566/22/07/26/TTT%20Ball%20jpg.jpeg)
So, you are a famous guy eh?

Nice to meet you Mr Tony Sir! 🤩

Tony's Table Tennis
07-28-2022, 12:36 PM
So, you are a famous guy eh?

Nice to meet you Mr Tony Sir! 🤩
Not really famous

Gozo
07-29-2022, 01:52 AM
Not really famous
You have your own brand of balls. That has to count for something... 🤣

Tony's Table Tennis
07-29-2022, 02:59 AM
You have your own brand of balls. That has to count for something... 🤣
Its just who you know.in 2012, I started my company - Tony's Table Tennis.
Came back to the sport after a good 5 to 8 years being away.
Nothing has improved in South Africa, so I decided to give back and help and from there, shop, academy and agency kindof just fallen into place.

I travel the word, made friends all over the world and from 1 to 2, 2 to 4, became hundreds.

End of the day, its not what you know, but who you know.
And its easy to make friends through sports and I am very grateful for many friends that I made over the years of me being a "professional" in table tennis (a pro in another sense :) )

Tony's Table Tennis
07-31-2022, 01:50 PM
So today I was invited to spend time in a filming for AI (look at my other thread (https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?27683-AI-in-Table-Tennis)) table tennis coaching.

Li brothers were invited to be part of the study (1 beaten Dima before when he was WR#1 - "click here to watch" (https://fb.watch/eCgKqyl1bt/)and both are LYJ's practice partners, the leftie must also be credited for 4 of Lin's wins over Chinese lefties this year).

The rallies are for educational, so I would say, only at 20%, maybe 30% max of they true potential.
If you want to see what is 80% click "here" (https://fb.watch/eB8yhsX_Wg/)
https://www.youtube.com/embed/i0wAwxnfwmg?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
07-31-2022, 01:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/p2UC_DB5EOg?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
07-31-2022, 02:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/XHsKcJAryL4?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
07-31-2022, 02:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Bq3LcoJ6Bho?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
07-31-2022, 02:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/kNL_oTpkX0I?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
07-31-2022, 03:59 PM
Not so much today, but today many many years ago.
FB video, so here is the link (apologies for the quality, old videos, with old camera or phone with low quality lens)

Adult learner, started age 31, and 2 years into total (then 33) with 18 months of proper training.
Doing 3 point FH. Link here (https://www.facebook.com/TonysTableTennis/videos/764045033646421/)

2 x Adult learner, going for a serve challenge.
Equal amount of balls to start, and see how many can land the ball into the container.
Serving hard is easy, serving soft is not.
Pressure makes it even harder, and I always like to incorporate fun into my trainings (very non asian of me lol).
Link here (https://www.facebook.com/TonysTableTennis/videos/764043803646544/)

One of my better students, at age 17 or 18, won U21 bronze medal in Africa, was an olympic hopeful for me (I had only a handful of hopefuls)...even though South Africa has a TT history of not approving qualified players due to the policy of, not sending a player if they are not medal contenders or top 16 in the world (even if they request for self funding), but I still thought, let me worry about this policy once I get a player to qualify

Sadly, her journey to national team had too much politics involved, and decided study life and future career can't bare disappointment for non team selection over and over again.

Back to reality for many.... we had a challenge as tournaments always come up in school holidays, and before school holiday's start, there is always exams.
I recall this training was her 1st day back after exams were concluded (not touching her bat for 3 to 4 weeks). and throughout the years, we had the same issue.... how can one prepare for a tournament 1 to 2 weeks after exams... when do you train? how do you train?

anyways, she is fighter and i'm sure her training and hardship will have some form of value in her life.
I know I haven't develop an olympian yet, but the olympic spirit is something we strive for (the journey of getting there - even if we don't, we tried)
Link here (https://www.facebook.com/TonysTableTennis/videos/205954799567750/)

Tony's Table Tennis
08-01-2022, 01:35 PM
Match practice, starting at 7-7.
One game, and next player up.
with 4 points at stake, it is really anyone's game.

https://scontent.ftpe8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/295847643_789001575606461_7851388100341831733_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s2048x2048&_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=hiXqm5oocy4AX9WfLyJ&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpe8-1.fna&oh=03_AVJgNbWkEbWItiifJm4UsQAayePVJo5yaEdF59u7SjMqRQ&oe=630F5514

Tony's Table Tennis
08-12-2022, 04:46 PM
A 30 min video today, let it ran until storage space ran out.

1 player is a LP ox BH chop blocker
1 player is a SP FH + LP ox BH chop blocker/attacker
1 player is a SP FH offensive player
4 sides of pips, out of 6

https://www.youtube.com/embed/5AMU3_pF4i8?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
08-16-2022, 10:08 AM
Today, working on 2 lefies (On the middle table)
Both play close to the table and I wanted to work on their stroke away from the table.
The one with yellow has BH SP.

In the table closer towards the camera, the blue/black leftie has SP on FH

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NMAVpGPHVBA?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

Tony's Table Tennis
08-16-2022, 10:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y3H_1wd0Og0?autohide=1&controls=1&showinfo=0

PingBirdPong
08-16-2022, 02:56 PM
Dayum they’re good!
Any chance one of these girls is single?🤣🤣
(joke BTW)

Tony's Table Tennis
08-16-2022, 05:33 PM
Dayum they’re good!
(joke BTW)
Well, I think most of them are single.

School from 8am to 1:30pm (they get off early), and TT from 2pm to 6pm (if no evening session)
If there is evening session, then till 5:30pm and then 7pm to 8:30pm~9pm (they will do home work after this, as well as laundry and other stuff)
Saturday would be 9am to 11:30am, and then 2pm to 5pm.
Sunday is always off, unless big tournaments coming up, then 2pm to 5pm.
This totals to a min of 28~29 hours of team training per week (over and on top of the 27 hours of school hours)

Holiday time, it is 9am to 11:30am, and then 2pm to 6pm, 6 days a week.
This totals to a min of 40 hours of team training per week.

The above is "team" training time. Many times, there will be private training, which is around 1.5hr to 2hr over on top the daily schedule.

They really don't have much spare time, yet alone to be dating.
But they are your age though

PingBirdPong
08-16-2022, 10:34 PM
Well, I think most of them are single.

School from 8am to 1:30pm (they get off early), and TT from 2pm to 6pm (if no evening session)
If there is evening session, then till 5:30pm and then 7pm to 8:30pm~9pm (they will do home work after this, as well as laundry and other stuff)
Saturday would be 9am to 11:30am, and then 2pm to 5pm.
Sunday is always off, unless big tournaments coming up, then 2pm to 5pm.
This totals to a min of 28~29 hours of team training per week (over and on top of the 27 hours of school hours)

Holiday time, it is 9am to 11:30am, and then 2pm to 6pm, 6 days a week.
This totals to a min of 40 hours of team training per week.

The above is "team" training time. Many times, there will be private training, which is around 1.5hr to 2hr over on top the daily schedule.

They really don't have much spare time, yet alone to be dating.
But they are your age though
That’s a lot of training! But they must either have less homework than I do, or they are geniuses, because 1 and a half hours for us is about half of how long it takes to do homework🥹

Tony's Table Tennis
08-17-2022, 02:35 AM
That’s a lot of training! But they must either have less homework than I do, or they are geniuses, because 1 and a half hours for us is about half of how long it takes to do homework🥹
Less homework indeed.
They also do try and finish it during the school hours.

However, many of them do end up with masters degrees, mostly in sport related degrees.
And for the ones ending to pursue coaching/training partner jobs (if they are not diguised by hearing the bounce of a table tennis ball), they actually end up earning way more than the equivalent degree employee (of course other than your top earning degrees/professionals). But with TT career, the career does become more challenging when you are older and many would need to change professions.

Gozo
08-17-2022, 06:39 AM
Dayum they’re good!
(joke BTW)
You are 15, just focus on your books. ( Fatherly mode auto on )

Gozo
08-17-2022, 06:40 AM
Hey Coach Tony,

Suppose you have also a 40 y/o, 50 y/o & 60 y/o adult learner. How would you train these cohort?

PingBirdPong
08-17-2022, 02:06 PM
Hey Coach Tony,

Suppose you have also a 40 y/o, 50 y/o & 60 y/o adult learner. How would you train these cohort?
By buying them a lot of insurance, causing heart attacks with multi ball, and taking all the money🤣

PingBirdPong
08-17-2022, 02:06 PM
You are 15, just focus on your books. ( Fatherly mode auto on )
Alright GRANDPA😁

Tony's Table Tennis
08-17-2022, 04:35 PM
Hey Coach Tony,

Of course the speed/tempo of drills will be slowed down.

basic drills include:
1) FH wide, FH middle and repeat
2) FH middle, FH pivot and repeat
3) BH, FH pivot and repeat
4) 2 x FH, 2 x BH and repeat
5) FH wide, FH middle, BH and repeat

The whole ideal for me of multiball is the movement, not so much on hitting the ball in or the quality of hit.
Once the movement is there, then to worry about upper body action.