Headis

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Just found this on Timo Boll Facebook, looks fun!

3552_Headis%20foto_Headis.jpg

Photo by: Robert Bachmann (also a TTD member over here)

What do you all think? :) Looks fun!

Ever played before?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hahaha, I already wondered what Boll is up to these days, but he's preparing for Olympics in this manner I guess ;) Looks pretty fun, I wonder what kind of ball they use. Definitely no plastic :) I guess they will hit their heads against the table and the floor every once in a while :p Those volleys are pretty suicidal as well haha. Thanks for sharing xD

This user has no status.
The balls are made out of rubber, weigh about 100g and are 7'' (~18cm) big.
As you may have noticed, you are allowed to put your hands on the table and take the ball volley :p
Apart from this, the rules are quite the same like "normal" table tennis, but you have 3 serves and you have to win 2 sets (like in TT, 11 points, must have at least 2 points more than your opponent) to win the whole game. The net is made out of aluminium, but has the same measures as normal ones.

It's quite difficult to play, since you have to stay low all the time (good for your foodwork :p) and hit the ball precisely, since it's hard to control. But I find it's quite fun to play and a nice variety beside table tennis :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
The balls are made out of rubber, weigh about 100g and are 7'' (~18cm) big.
As you may have noticed, you are allowed to put your hands on the table and take the ball volley :p
Apart from this, the rules are quite the same like "normal" table tennis, but you have 3 serves and you have to win 2 sets (like in TT, 11 points, must have at least 2 points more than your opponent) to win the whole game. The net is made out of aluminium, but has the same measures as normal ones.

It's quite difficult to play, since you have to stay low all the time (good for your foodwork :p) and hit the ball precisely, since it's hard to control. But I find it's quite fun to play and a nice variety beside table tennis :)

Oh you played it? xD Nice one by the way, 'foodwork' :p I guess Karakasevic has good foodwork too :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
To keep things up to date, I wanted to post a short edit of the Headis Masters 2012 that took part two weeks ago - unfortunately I'm not allowed to post links yet. But for those interested: YouTube it, you'll find it. There's also a short appearance of Timo Boll playing against former Soccer-Hero Ailton. Timo won, so it seems like Tabletennis is in the lead 1:0...