rpb rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
I'm currently wanting to get new rpb rubber, right now I'm using tenergy 64, but I don't know how tenergy 05 would play out. I use my rpb for close-to-the-table looping, counter looping, counter hitting, and blocking. Which tenergy rubber, 05 or 64, would suit my playing style more?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Yes the Reverse Penhold Backhand is great with 05 or 64. Particularly your style I would recommend 64 if you wanted to with Tenergy. If you prefer some other brands as far as price goes there's JOOLA Rhyzm, JOOLA Phenix, and JOOLA Express 1 that are all quite good for a BH player like yourself. I would recommend keeping it at 2.0 sponge rather than max until you have mastered your control of the ball. Other brands would be Adidas Tenzone SF and Adidas P3. They're great for the BH, but if you prefer something a bit softer Adidas R4 and R6 are great choices as well as JOOLA Samba + and JOOLA Express 2.

Sriver FX - EL with Bryce Sponge is what Wang Hao currently uses, but it's nearly impossibly to get the rubber without it either being fake or used.

I'd recommend perhaps lowering your sponge thickness if you're at 2.1 then try 1.9 so that you can learn better control. Control is something you have to learn at lower sponges such as 1.5-1.9 and then as your progress try to up the speed and spring with thicker sponge.