Yinhe Sun/Moon! Brilliant!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Has anybody else tried using Yinhe Sun or Moon???

I've been using Sun for a couple of months and I can't believe how good it is for £7 a sheet! It's their equivalent to Tenergy 25 so it's important to be close to the table and keep attacking, but the control and spin is as good as Tenergy. Probably lacks the power needed for top players but I'm sure this could be compensated with a quicker blade. Think the cheaper Chinese rubbers are the way to go for average player who doesn't want to continue spending a ridiculous amount on Tenergy etc. You can also pick up the Hurricane Neo that Ma Long uses for a similar price!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
The rubbers are heavy compared to most Japanese and German rubbers and I don't have the wrist power to handle them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
i have tried a 2,2mm red yinhe sun (33° on the sponge, plays like a 39° i would say) and it is re, ally much slower and spinnier than Tenergy , i didn't like it at all , not spinny, not speedy
only fast and spinny when you make very fast arm movement

I'm sorry to tell you but there is no point to say how hard it feels to you in degrees because different manufacturers have different hardness scales, which leads to the fact that no-one knows how hard you mean by saying for example 39 degrees.

This user has no status.
I'm sorry to tell you but there is no point to say how hard it feels to you in degrees because different manufacturers have different hardness scales, which leads to the fact that no-one knows how hard you mean by saying for example 39 degrees.

indeed you are right, i would say then about as hard as a Sriver FX, this can be clearer to those who have played with Sriver FX

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews

Rather true, JustAlt..
Some like me would think that 39 is butter soft, left alone 33 haha..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
I have been using Yinhe Moon 36 degrees (more like a Sriver L) max for FH and BH on an Adidas Avenger Carbon blade this past few weeks. Very good for flat hitting, passive blocks and punch block. Spin and speed is pretty decent. Pretty good on loops and picking up underspins. It has low throw and a long trajectory. What I like about it the most is the control. I tried it on an AR blade, and it plays pretty ordinary; this rubber works well on a quick blade.

IMHO this is probably the best rubber for its price range.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
I play an alround/offensive, spin game and I have been using a Dr Neubauer High Technology blade with MoonPro Tuned on my forehand and backhand for nearly 2 weeks and I have to agree that it is very very good. Over the years I have used so many rubber and blade combinations and had almost settled on topenergy soft on backhand and forehand before giving an old sheet of moon pro a try, I tuned it to bring it back to life. After having a practice I found it faster that the topenergy soft,not so tacky but still lots of spin,it suited the forehand but on the backhand was having trouble looping heavy chop,a bit more effort and the loop was back on againI I picked up a sheet of black and red from Bribar at Hereford. At first they seemed too hard but a week later they have softened up (more like a 35degree sponge) and now seems to totally suit my type of game. I don`t know how long it will last before it starts slowing down but if the old sheet is anything to go by,onevery thin layer of whatever you use for tuning will return it to normal, so far for at least 4weeks. I used Tenergy 05fx the other day and don`t think the moon pro is a nything like it, probably more like andro rasant. I use Joola xtreme water based glue to put the rubbers on and seems fine. Hurricane Neo is very similar, I have used the provincial version (6 edges) but has a harder sponge, would no doubt soften with a little tuning. I. personally would always buy chinese rubbers over the expensive rubbers, there are some very good chinese rubbers around.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Moon and SUN win an award for very over-rated forum pimped rubbers and I completely agree with PhillyPong. Speed sucks and so does spin. Both rubbers are a virtual black hole of TT rubbers. Some pre-made rubbers are better. heck, I would rather play with Sriver and Mark V before playing with any of these (after trying 3 sheets each). Considering that i do NOT like either Sriver NOR Mark V, that says a LOT.

Still, if you like them both, then they are excellent rubbers.

They just are NOT even acceptable rubbers for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
when yinhe was promoting moon and sun, they said it must be 90% similar to T series, and I tried. it was so disappointed for me. anyway, for that price, it is enough