FH rubbers suggestions

This user has no status.
I need some help about what FH rubber could fit better my style.
I’m currently using K3 (which I love) on. Ma Long H5 inner. I really like the rubber, super controllable, forgiving and powerful, but I can’t win points by spin anymore.
I mean, the spin is there but I’m afraid it’s not enough..

about me:
I’m a heavy looper, offensive player. My rating is 1800, but I’m underrated. My game is based on brutal topsin rather than power. My form is pretty decent, not perfect but definitely good.

I realized (as I’m getting older and tired too easily) that I need more help from the rubber.
I’m into hard rubbers, I tried to go back to the DO5 but it felt too soft..
I used to use H3 40 boosted, which was a lot of fun and crazy spin, but it requires to much body work.

I need a nice arc, wild spin, sticky surface, not too fast and hard sponge. The 09C I found it a bit too fast and not very controllable..

any suggestions??

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
You could try H8-80, more lively than H3, but you may feel sponge is a little soft, 37 and 38 degree sponges.
Xiom Tau 2 is another good rubber, gets overlooked sometimes. good spin, reasonable tackiness, more 'bouncy' than H3, less bouncy than D09C and other 'hybrid' rubbers, but a tad less spin than H3/H3Neo.

If you really want the spin and arc/kick of H3/H3neo then perhaps try some different sponge hardness, personally I find boosting to be a pain in the ...., so I use un-boosted hybrid rubbers!!! Rakza Z / Z EH is likely to be a bit fast, and may have a higher throw angle, which some do not like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Would maybe changing your style a little help?
Timo boll also changed his style as he got older playing closer to the table and a little flatter instead of going super spinny all the time to save some energy and it has worked pretty well for him.
https://olympics.com/en/featured-news/timo-boll-explains-table-tennis-changes

You can still occasionally play a super spinny loop but maybe not all the time anymore.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Ah. Please stay in the enormous topspin area :) I play with H3 41deg boosted and a Yinhe V14 PRO blade. It works super. I'm older than you, so you can still surely play like this? You could try out a couple of other rubbers with similar tackiness and feel.

LOKI Arthur China plays like a boosted H3 40/41deg somewhere. Might be a bit faster as well.

Sanwei Target National (New model) has a harder feel, but really much better than the older versions of STN. Faster than H3 and still got the tackiness to be really spinny.

729 Battle MAX Pro gives the same properties in spin as H3 but I feel that it has a little bit softer, bouncier feel and better control.

Yinhe Big Dipper is a half hybrid like rubber that works great with brush looping, but a softer, bouncier feel. Not quite as tacky like the others above, but a really good "spin-rubber".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I tried a couple of these new ESN sticky rubbers, they make a decent amount of spin, but I always feel that Tenergy 05 or Victas V>15 can create more spin on a slow loop. These sticky ESN rubbers (also D09c and H8-80) lift the ball too much. If I pull up too much it will become a very high ball and even then it doesn't feel that spinny.

Probably your best bet is the previously mentioned Dragon Grip or Dynaryz ZGR, but don't expect a lot of difference compared to the K3. Alternatively There's the Victas Triple Double Extra, which is Chinese, but then again I don't think it's any faster nor does it require less body work than a boosted H3. H8-80 is really different, I find it closer to an softer and slower D09c than anything else. But the H8-80 is a really nice rubber tho.

Depending on what ball you play with some rubbers work better than others. I found the Rakza Z/EH H8-80, D09c works well with the Joola Flash ball, while Dragon Grip and C2 does pretty badly.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
You can also give the Xiom Jekyll & Hyde V47.5 as it generates an insane amount of spin without being tacky! Its fast but not crazy fast with an abundant amount of control

This is a phenomenal rubber but it's better suited for BH, as I am playing with it for 2 months. Its throw angle is low, sharp. The X47.5 variant is better for FH

This user has no status.
Thank you all for the precious suggestions.

I was intrigued by the Stiga Dragon Grip, but as someone already mentioned, I’m pretty sure it might be too similar to the K3. I liked the Sanwei too, but I’m over boosting for now.
I tried the Xiom J&h 47.5, really nice indeed. A bit too soft maybe, but I’ll give it a second chance.

Changing a bit my style sounds wise, I might try that.
But I loooove watching the ball flying away bc of my spin😝 so I’ll try to combine both. Spinning every time is just exhausting.

how about Donic Bluegrip C1?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I tried for 4 years DHS H3 pro degrees, 729 Battle 2 degrees, Yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia degrees
The cheapest is Yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia < 729 Battle 2 < DHS H3
Currently, I feel that yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia is the most suitable. The spin can be a bit smaller than the 729 B2 and DHS h3 but the speed is pretty good. The Sponge give a control is more feeling. No need for boots sponge.

Also Nitaku Fastarc G1 super thick, vega pro, DHS GoldArc 8 is also a good choice

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Another thing is sponge hardness within the same rubber series. It may take some time to adjust (I spent 6 months with a 51 degree Etika rubber and then I could play 47 MX-K perfectly well), but you could get used to it. A firmer sponge will certainly give some more pace to your fast loops given the same rubber.

You sound like 47 too soft for your FH, so why not MX-D (which is 50 degree and very dynamic powerful top end) or MX-K 50?

Anyone who has followed me over the years KNOWS that Der_Echte likes to spin first and ask questions later. I can POUND the ball if it is there... my first tendency is to spin, then pound if there if not there on first chance. One of Nate's custom blades I named the Quarter Pounder since it played well with a hard hitting style.

I can make a slower old school rubber really fly on my BH (eg HAMMOND) it is all about shot area whip, timing, acceleration, fast bat and firming right at impact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Maybe you can try allwood blade? somthing even softer would help you to get spin i believe.

How are you working with forearm and wrist when looping?

This user has no status.
I’ve been playing with wood blades for a long time. I do agree tho, it’s a nice feeling. I still use sometimes my nittaku acustic with the K3 on it.
I switched to carbon bc I needed more power as I was getting tired.

Need to work a bit more on my wrist, I believe I use to much my forearm.

here’re me playing, I’m the one on the right

https://app.pingpod.com/replays/bb99b80b-52d9-4cb0-8b33-af364ed64fbf

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
I need some help about what FH rubber could fit better my style.
I’m currently using K3 (which I love) on. Ma Long H5 inner. I really like the rubber, super controllable, forgiving and powerful, but I can’t win points by spin anymore.
I mean, the spin is there but I’m afraid it’s not enough..

about me:
I’m a heavy looper, offensive player. My rating is 1800, but I’m underrated. My game is based on brutal topsin rather than power. My form is pretty decent, not perfect but definitely good.

I realized (as I’m getting older and tired too easily) that I need more help from the rubber.
I’m into hard rubbers, I tried to go back to the DO5 but it felt too soft..
I used to use H3 40 boosted, which was a lot of fun and crazy spin, but it requires to much body work.

I need a nice arc, wild spin, sticky surface, not too fast and hard sponge. The 09C I found it a bit too fast and not very controllable..

any suggestions??

I think you can drop down to H3 Blue Sponge 39 degrees. Start with 2.15mm to get more spin. Or even Skyline 2 Blue Sponge... 2.1mm, 39 deg. This is a spin monster. Xu Xin used to used this type of rubber to get those wicked arcs.