Recommended Table Tennis Shoes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Can anyone give any advice on good table tennis shoes to use? I am a size 8, if that matters.

I am a young player and a penholder, so I want shoes that will give me the ability to move quickly, particularly from side to side, without being uncomfortable or bad for my feet (as I have heard some shoes can be). I currently use regular running trainers, which aren’t ideal.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Can anyone give any advice on good table tennis shoes to use? I am a size 8, if that matters.

I am a young player and a penholder, so I want shoes that will give me the ability to move quickly, particularly from side to side, without being uncomfortable or bad for my feet (as I have heard some shoes can be). I currently use regular running trainers, which aren’t ideal.

If you want something cheap and good, I recommend Kawasaki badminton shoes for $30 on Aliexpress.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
I received a pair of Mizuno wave medal 6 shoes today to replace my old hi-tec squash shoes , which I have worn a hole in the sole of!
The Mizuno ones are a bit lighter, the colours match my shirt, and they feel really comfortable but they cost more than twice as much as the hi-tec ones!
I think the Mizuno ones are slightly better, but definitely not twice as good.+ I have just lost the first two singles I’ve played whilst wearing them though so maybe not a great investment after all 🤣

Reactions: BlackCat510
This user has no status.

Mizuno Wave Drive 8 - best table tennis shoes hands down.

Just get them and never have to worry about it ever again.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Mizuno make the best table tennis shoes in my opinion.
I have the wave drive neo in blue. Its is very comfortable and very reliable. What every you choose never go for Stiga...[h1] [/h1]

oh whyyy I am using Stiga Liner III and it's a really good one, feels more comfortable than my previous Mizuno Wave Drive 8

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Some comments are funny to read when you actually look at the Wave Drive 6 and Liner shoes and their soles are identical, in fact many other brands use the same shoe construction with a slightly different style of top part.
A wave drive 6 is like 100EUR, I've seen basically the same shoe with TSP branding for 50EUR. I know which I would pick.
BTW for a long time the CNT Lining shoes had a wave drive 6 or 8 sole under them too.

This user has no status.

I used to play in a club that was sponsored by Stiga so i always managed to get them cheap and i would brake like 5 of them every year. But since i switched to mizuno, i bought first a cheap one and had it for 1,5 years and then i bought the wave drive neo and i bought them by ttex at SOC 2018 by ttex and still today they look brand new. So maybe Stiga got better idk, it was long ago i used their stuff but even tho i got them cheaper i didn't like the rubbers, blades...

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews

I used to play in a club that was sponsored by Stiga so i always managed to get them cheap and i would brake like 5 of them every year. But since i switched to mizuno, i bought first a cheap one and had it for 1,5 years and then i bought the wave drive neo and i bought them by ttex at SOC 2018 by ttex and still today they look brand new. So maybe Stiga got better idk, it was long ago i used their stuff but even tho i got them cheaper i didn't like the rubbers, blades...

Stiga has this old school feeling to their products, their designing is not as modern as other brands (for example Xiom, Butterfly, Nittaku), but I feel like their products are very solid

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Don't wanna make another topic, so writing my problem here. I used to play with cheap Chinese shoes like fake Lefus ones(I think you saw those on AliExpress). They are pretty comfortable to play with but the quality isn't topnotch. Tried the Tibhar ones for 35$. The same as Lefus but 10$ more expensive. And now they smell worse than 10x H3 Neos from the package 🤢.
Now I decided to try something that is pretty high quality. I've heard that the best TT shoes are: 1)Mizuno 2)Asics 3)Li-Ning. Can't afford Mizuno because the cheapest Wave Medal or Drive I could find were 100$. For me it's a lot. The next step I found Asics Blast FF with tasty discount - they are 60$. On Ali I saw Li Nings for 44$ but I think they are pretty much fake. There are also original Li Nings for 60$ and I think is it worth it?

Or should I get the KAWASAKI🏍️ for 30$?

At the moment I'd like to buy Asics, I really like how they look.

And would like to hear some more options of TT shoes under 60$. Mostly on AliExpress bc at the moment I live in Russia and almost every worldwide store doesn't deliver here. (I found Asics on local store) My size is 9,5 US if this matters.

says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
Don't wanna make another topic, so writing my problem here. I used to play with cheap Chinese shoes like fake Lefus ones(I think you saw those on AliExpress). They are pretty comfortable to play with but the quality isn't topnotch. Tried the Tibhar ones for 35$. The same as Lefus but 10$ more expensive. And now they smell worse than 10x H3 Neos from the package 🤢.
Now I decided to try something that is pretty high quality. I've heard that the best TT shoes are: 1)Mizuno 2)Asics 3)Li-Ning. Can't afford Mizuno because the cheapest Wave Medal or Drive I could find were 100$. For me it's a lot. The next step I found Asics Blast FF with tasty discount - they are 60$. On Ali I saw Li Nings for 44$ but I think they are pretty much fake. There are also original Li Nings for 60$ and I think is it worth it?

Or should I get the KAWASAKI🏍️ for 30$?

At the moment I'd like to buy Asics, I really like how they look.

And would like to hear some more options of TT shoes under 60$. Mostly on AliExpress bc at the moment I live in Russia and almost every worldwide store doesn't deliver here. (I found Asics on local store) My size is 9,5 US if this matters.
did you try this Stiga ? I am using it for training, very light and the soles are flexible, good quality

This user has no status.
Some comments are funny to read when you actually look at the Wave Drive 6 and Liner shoes and their soles are identical, in fact many other brands use the same shoe construction with a slightly different style of top part.
A wave drive 6 is like 100EUR, I've seen basically the same shoe with TSP branding for 50EUR. I know which I would pick.
BTW for a long time the CNT Lining shoes had a wave drive 6 or 8 sole under them too.
To be honest, it is called "The BRAND Syndrome", so many products in the world can be alternatives or even good brand but less price and yet people just go with expensive one and make it like unmatched, yeah, i used to play with Butterfly blades until i started to try others and i forgot about Butterfly, same with rubbers, i did have Butterfly EnergyForce 12 blue shoe that is SUPER amazing, lasted with me for about 5 years or so until the bottom rubber wore off, it wasn't cheap, but i know it won't be the only one in the world, but now i wear some cheap shoes, not same quality but not bad at all and they are WAY cheaper, i mean i can buy like 2-3 shoes in a price of 1 BTY or Mizuno or Asics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
To be honest, it is called "The BRAND Syndrome", so many products in the world can be alternatives or even good brand but less price and yet people just go with expensive one and make it like unmatched, yeah, i used to play with Butterfly blades until i started to try others and i forgot about Butterfly, same with rubbers, i did have Butterfly EnergyForce 12 blue shoe that is SUPER amazing, lasted with me for about 5 years or so until the bottom rubber wore off, it wasn't cheap, but i know it won't be the only one in the world, but now i wear some cheap shoes, not same quality but not bad at all and they are WAY cheaper, i mean i can buy like 2-3 shoes in a price of 1 BTY or Mizuno or Asics.
You have a good point but Stiga Liner and Mizuno Wave Drive 6 shoes are made in the same factory, same sole and midsole with different upper parts. But Joola, Tibhar, TSP, Lining (pro), etc brands use the same sole midsole with different upper parts. So why pay the premium for any brand? Why not just get the cheapest?

This user has no status.
You have a good point but Stiga Liner and Mizuno Wave Drive 6 shoes are made in the same factory, same sole and midsole with different upper parts. But Joola, Tibhar, TSP, Lining (pro), etc brands use the same sole midsole with different upper parts. So why pay the premium for any brand? Why not just get the cheapest?
I go with the cheapest or good affordable brands and products, ask those who have a lot of money to burn on most expensive products and they give millions excuses to justify it.

Reactions: longle