Tenergy 05 but less bouncy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021
Looking for advice on a rubber with similar spin characteristics to Tenergy05, but with bit more control.
I am using a Butterfly Viscaria blade and like loop fast on both sides.
However being a bit slow around the court (55 Y/O), I often need to chop or push for a while until the right ball is there for attack.
I find balls often go long during the slow game as it's just too "bouncy"
Is there any rubber which retains the lovely looping qualities but can also work in the slow game???
Or is it impossible to have the best of both worlds.
I don't have the arm speed / strength to use Chinese rubbers.

Cheers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

Victas V>15 Extra
Nittaku Fastarc G1
Both are excellent rubbers with tons of spin, easier to control than T05, and better priced!
G1 is a bit more linear and a bit easier to control, V>15 Extra has a little more 'bang' at the top end.
G1 is, arguably, the most durable medium-hard (ie. 47.5 degree) rubber on the market.

Reactions: SamTheMan and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2021

I have heard G1 is a popular rubber.
I need to replace my backhand rubber by next week, so I might take a punt and try this one.
Have you tried the G1? And if so, with what blade?

I just switched to Tenergy 05 FX. I can say that none of the rubbers I have tested are even close to Tenergy 05 includig Fastarc G1, Rakza 7 & X, Tibhar evolution all of them except the XXX-D ones. I don't find Tenergy 05 FX any more difficult to control the increase dspin sensitivity is an advantage, you can more easily "take over" the incoming spin. So, the bottom line is I don't think You will find a replacement that is good enough....

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: jammmail and MK73
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020

I need to replace my backhand rubber by next week, so I might take a punt and try this one.

I've used G1 on a number of blades (all wood, inner carbon, outer carbon) and I like it on all of them. Personally, I prefer V>15 Extra to G1 as a BH rubber, but that is just a personal preference and I know many folks use G1 happily on the BH. It's not the most sold rubber in Japan for no reason!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
It's not the most sold rubber in Japan for no reason!

Is it really?
I know these world-tt charts which are compiled by a survey among some retailers, but there you´ll hardly find anything from a European brand - it´s all Nittaku, Yasaka, Butterfly and Victas, also XIOM and the odd Chinese product.
andro are quite popular in Japan, but I have scrolled through these lists going back as far as January 2020 and found Rasanter R48 once in the top ten, with no DONIC or TIBHAR rubber - is that really plausible?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Is it really?
I know these world-tt charts which are compiled by a survey among some retailers, but there you´ll hardly find anything from a European brand - it´s all Nittaku, Yasaka, Butterfly and Victas, also XIOM and the odd Chinese product.
andro are quite popular in Japan, but I have scrolled through these lists going back as far as January 2020 and found Rasanter R48 once in the top ten, with no DONIC or TIBHAR rubber - is that really plausible?

Your post throws me off. Manto76 says G-1 is the most popular rubber in Japan; and you are on the same page but in a way that it sounds you are disagreeing 😅

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

Your post throws me off. Manto76 says G-1 is the most popular rubber in Japan; and you are on the same page but in a way that it sounds you are disagreeing 😅

Not disagreeing, just questioning.

You can´t argue with the fact that G1 is on the top of those world-tt lists month for month, sometimes 2nd to Rozena.

But is a list compiled by a magazine from surveys at a selected number of retailers really representative or anywhere near an official statistic, that´s my question.

If really none of the European brands can get a foot in the top ten with any of their most current products over more than two years (bar that one time listing for R48) the Japanese buyers (in those shops at least) must be extremely tending towards their "own" brands, and for some matter XIOM.

Seems a little strange to me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

I really loved G1! Easy to use- and more importantly less bouncy than tenergy. It doesn't have the same catapult feeling because it's more tame.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Not disagreeing, just questioning.

You can´t argue with the fact that G1 is on the top of those world-tt lists month for month, sometimes 2nd to Rozena.

But is a list compiled by a magazine from surveys at a selected number of retailers really representative or anywhere near an official statistic, that´s my question.

If really none of the European brands can get a foot in the top ten with any of their most current products over more than two years (bar that one time listing for R48) the Japanese buyers (in those shops at least) must be extremely tending towards their "own" brands, and for some matter XIOM.

Seems a little strange to me.

Okay, I get your point now. Not that strange tho. I suppose there are a lot of 40-50-60-70 year old players in Japan (buying similar volume of product as 10-20-30 year olds) and to them Andro, Gewo, Joola, Tibhar must mean absolutely nothing, while Nittaku, Butterfly, Yasaka and TSP/Victas were table tennis pioneers for 60 years or maybe more. To be honest Fastarc, Rakza, Victas stuff is darn well priced in Europe too to a point that these are almost the cheapest ESN gear in the high performance category. I'm not sure about the pricing in Japan but I would not be shocked if the Japanese brands were cheaper there than let's say Andro or Tibhar. There must be some patriotism as well in the people which is commendable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews

There must be some patriotism as well in the people

In that case the brand seems to matter more than the origin of the product itself (most recent ranking 6 out of 10 German, only 4 "home-made"). ;-)

I would still have expected at least some of the newest products to pop up, if only in the month of their release (Evolution MX-D is reportedly making waves as is Rasanter C48/53).

But your analysis might be accurate.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
Read 1 reviews
Fastarc G1 is a great option, so is TIBHAR Evolution EL-S. They both have similar spin, half the price and arent quite as bouncy.

Reactions: yoass