Is Sitga Rosewood NCT V and Tenergy 05 good combination?

This user has no status.
Hello all,

I am just new here. I am looking to get new blade and new rubber. The current of my setup is

Butterfly Chinese AL Blade and Xiom Sigma Pro (Max). My type of playing is top spin offensive.

Is Stiga Rosewood NCT V and Tengery 05 will be good combination ? Anybody have experienced with that combination ?

Or what would i choose to play with Stiga Rosewood NCT V? Please kindly suggest.

Thank you.

With Regards,

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What is your purpose for getting a new blade? Is the old one too fast? not fast enough? want more spin? want more control?

Rosewood NCT V does work well with Tenergy 05. It also works well with Xiom Omega IV Pro and Europe. But knowing what you want to change by changing your setup would make it easier for people on the forum to help you.

Reactions: knightwalker
This user has no status.
Hello UpSideDownCarl,

I like the current blade setup. The main reason of getting new setup is I just want to try out the RoseWood NCT V because I've never played before with wood blades and most of the people recommend it good, so I just want to try how good it is.

It's nice to know that, that's the good combination. I will buy it and try what's the outcome compare to my current setup.

Thanks for the help.

With Regards,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
ive tried it, in my opinion the combo is very good for offensive game, loops and counterloops are fast and spinny, but bouncy on short game, definitely not for beginners and intermediate players but more for advance players with really decent technique, just my opinion though and others might disagree

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Read 2 reviews
Honestly, each of us hav different liking in term of hand feeling, some players prefer vibration, some don't, and some prefer carbon over wood and vice versa.
And my advice to you, think carefully what is your playing style, and figure it out, whether you like wood blade or carbon (5 ply or 7). Like slow, medium,overall or fast blade as well. Then go for a rubbers that you prefer. Afterall, RW5 is good blade... (not the best). I've tried many blade from butterfly to darker, stiga etc etc... and wasted of lots of money in order to find a blade that you like or suit your style.If you've decided, go ahead and try it out RW5.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Honestly, each of us hav different liking in term of hand feeling, some players prefer vibration, some don't, and some prefer carbon over wood and vice versa.
And my advice to you, think carefully what is your playing style, and figure it out, whether you like wood blade or carbon (5 ply or 7). Like slow, medium,overall or fast blade as well. Then go for a rubbers that you prefer. Afterall, RW5 is good blade... (not the best). I've tried many blade from butterfly to darker, stiga etc etc... and wasted of lots of money in order to find a blade that you like or suit your style.If you've decided, go ahead and try it out RW5.

Good post. I agree with what ducksick is saying. If your current setup is good and you like it and you just want to try another setup, it is a good setup. The blade and the rubbers you are looking for are top of the line. If you can afford to have a second setup that is different there is no reason not to go for it. If money is tight, then I would say stick with the setup you already have.

I love trying new things but I also do not like spending money unnecessarily, so, how I try different setups is, any time I play with someone whose racket I have not tried yet, I ask if I can try their setup to see how it plays, take a few hits try a few different kinds of shots to feel the wood and the rubbers. I do have several blades. I don't need any more. Many of the blades I have I do not need. And I notice I only play with one blade at a time. For the past 9 months I have been playing with a Stiga Clipper. If something happens and I need a new blade, I have one without having to buy a new one. :)

So, it is nice, when you can afford it to treat yourself. But, then, don't let it mess your game up because you keep switching between setups and cannot decide which one you like better. :) That would be my suggestion.

Just so you know: your current setup might be faster than the Rosewood with the Tenergy. I am pretty sure that the Butterfly Chinese AL Blade is a little faster than the Rosewood. I think Sigma and Tenergy are close in speed but the Rosewood and the Tenergy will get you a little more spin. I think this is accurate about how the two setups will be different so that is information you might want to know before getting the new setup. :)

Good luck and have fun with the new and old setups. :)

Reactions: knightwalker
This user has no status.

Hello Ducksick,

Yea, I see what you mean. It's really nice suggestion for me. Yes, I've tried serveral blades and rubber (around 3 setup) before this current setup. Somes suit my taste, somes aren't and some's are really bad combination between blade and rubber and I really does not like the feel of the taste. That' why this time, I looked around for the expereinced user who've tried this setup before.

Good post. I agree with what ducksick is saying. If your current setup is good and you like it and you just want to try another setup, it is a good setup. The blade and the rubbers you are looking for are top of the line. If you can afford to have a second setup that is different there is no reason not to go for it. If money is tight, then I would say stick with the setup you already have.

I love trying new things but I also do not like spending money unnecessarily, so, how I try different setups is, any time I play with someone whose racket I have not tried yet, I ask if I can try their setup to see how it plays, take a few hits try a few different kinds of shots to feel the wood and the rubbers. I do have several blades. I don't need any more. Many of the blades I have I do not need. And I notice I only play with one blade at a time. For the past 9 months I have been playing with a Stiga Clipper. If something happens and I need a new blade, I have one without having to buy a new one. :)

So, it is nice, when you can afford it to treat yourself. But, then, don't let it mess your game up because you keep switching between setups and cannot decide which one you like better. :) That would be my suggestion.

Just so you know: your current setup might be faster than the Rosewood with the Tenergy. I am pretty sure that the Butterfly Chinese AL Blade is a little faster than the Rosewood. I think Sigma and Tenergy are close in speed but the Rosewood and the Tenergy will get you a little more spin. I think this is accurate about how the two setups will be different so that is information you might want to know before getting the new setup. :)

Good luck and have fun with the new and old setups. :)

Hello UpSideDownCarl,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I really appreciate it. That's what I want to hear it about. Yea, I gues it would be slower than Chinese AL Blade, coz my current setup is quite fast, I don't need to use much energy to smash the ball. What do you think about NCT VII ? Will it be faster than NCT V ? But it would be less control right ? Yea, I guess T05 will be much more spinner than Sigma. How about in the hardness part? Is it harder than Sigma ? But for the thickness wide, Sigma is thicker than T05.

Thank you everyone again for your suggestions.

With Regards,

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Yup, Rosewood VII is definitely faster but it may not necessarily suit you. Rosewood gives a lot of feel and control. And T05...what can I say is that they're expensive. But stick it in a piece of a drift wood, it will still give you immense spin. Great combi, but if you have a sound technique, it can be devastatingly good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
Read 2 reviews
What Carl and Azlan suggested, and it seems your current set up are fast, then go for slower blade (5ply) or before you buy RW5, as Carls said, go try other players blade, to feel the feeling. Honestly, RW5 feeling is good, and you no need to struggle at all. This is my own feeling, and beware when you purchase any Stiga blade ya. Check it carefully, cos some fake Stiga blade around, esp made in china which look identical and only can be identify by feeling, the quality of the woods, workmanship and etc mate.

Cheer....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Sorry for bumping an old thread. But i am pretty much in the same situation as knightwalker is,so thought of not creating a new thread.

Almost a week back, i purchased a Stiga Rosewood NCT VII and paired it with a Rakza 7 (max) on both sides. My earlier setup was Mark V with Butterfly Jonyer H-AN.

After playing a while with my new setup, i am seeing that the blade is really heavy compared to my earlier setup. The main reason i upgraded to a new setup is to have more speed and spin in my game. I actually expected a lot from the new setup, but sadly it's not the case in reality.
On the positive , my new setup has got great control . I really used to struggle with 'away from table' shots in my old setup, but with this it's a cake walk :)
'
I play close to table and occasionally from a distant( max 3-5 meters) . I am more of an offensive forehand and play topsin & touch shots using Back hand.

I am now thinking of changing my setup. Either just the rubbers or the whole setup.

The options i am considering are

New setup:
Blade: Butterfly Innerforce ZLC with Tenergy 80 on BH. Not sure which one should i use for FH

Just the rubbers:
Tenergy 80 on BH & again not sure what i need to go for on FH :confused:

So my questions are,
1. Should i go for a complete new setup ?
2. Should i just change the rubbers ? In this case what do you think i should use as a FH rubber?
3. How would the Tenergy XX & NCT VII combination be ?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Rosewood NCT 7 is heavy. Too heavy. I would get a new blade if you are thinking of it.

The Innerforce ZLC is a beast. That is soooooooo fast it is crazy. It has a lot of control for how fast it is. But it is fast.

I would think about Innerforce ZLF (more than fast enough), Rosewood X0, as fast as the Rosewood NCT 7 but very light, Innerforce ALC, or, if you like Hinoki: Darker 7p-2A.7t. Those are all amazing blades.

Reactions: abhay
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
I think i will go with the butterfly ZLC. What do you think about the rubbers? What should i pair up with Tenergy 80 on the fh ?
Also how would you compare Butterfly Amultart ZL carbon with innerforce ZLC ?[h=1][/h]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think i will go with the butterfly ZLC. What do you think about the rubbers? What should i pair up with Tenergy 80 on the fh ?
Also how would you compare Butterfly Amultart ZL carbon with innerforce ZLC ?

What do you have on your forehand now?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay. If you like Rakza 7 you could use it. If you want to go with Tenergy, try 05 for forehand.

Truthfully, there are a lot of good rubbers out there. With a racket that fast, using Hurricane or Skyline 3 NEO is not a bad idea either even though that is a heavy rubber and you need to boost it. I like the rubber I am using a lot. Xiom Omega IV Pro. That is a good rubber for the forehand. Sooo many options.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Okay. If you like Rakza 7 you could use it. If you want to go with Tenergy, try 05 for forehand.

Truthfully, there are a lot of good rubbers out there. With a racket that fast, using Hurricane or Skyline 3 NEO is not a bad idea either even though that is a heavy rubber and you need to boost it. I like the rubber I am using a lot. Xiom Omega IV Pro. That is a good rubber for the forehand. Sooo many options.

So, Tenergy 05 is slower than 64 but can generate more spin among 64 & 80 is it?

Also , i just did few searches and came to know that Innerforce ZLC although has great speed but lacks the feel you get from the blade. Innerforce ZLF however has pretty much the same speed but has a good feedback. Is it?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, Tenergy 05 is slower than 64 but can generate more spin among 64 & 80 is it?

Also , i just did few searches and came to know that Innerforce ZLC although has great speed but lacks the feel you get from the blade. Innerforce ZLF however has pretty much the same speed but has a good feedback. Is it?

The numbers they say on the internet are not exactly true. Watch Dan's video review of Tenergy 80. It is slower than 05 and gets more spin. But when you flat hit, it is flat and has less control.

Innerforce ZLF gives you feedback but it is not as fast as ZLC. ZLC is crazy fast. Not useful, too fast. Innerforce ZLF is still faster than the Rosewood NCT VII but it is not too fast and not much faster. It is about the speed of a Timo Boll ALC but has more ball feel, more feedback.