PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly sriver g3 or hexer powersponge?

Robbenummer1
05-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey ,
i want to buy a new rubber, what do you think is de best sriver g3 or hexer powersponge?

Anders
05-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Both! Depends on sooo many things! Playing style, blade, preference, level, and what do you WANT? :)

Robbenummer1
05-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I have a timo boll alc, i always play whit a rubber from butterfly. My play style is whit much spin.

Anders
05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
I have a timo boll alc, i always play whit a rubber from butterfly. My play style is whit much spin.

Well, if you are familiar with Butterfly rubbers, and play with much spin and so.. I think you should go with the Sriver G3, it is really a good rubber. I also think it will fit your blade nicely :)

TTANKEY
05-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Heeey thje Sriver g3 is great for spin and speed! If you want more control with trhe same spin and speed, you should buy SRIVER G3 FX

fongchengloy
05-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Don't buy both of them; no power, too soft and expensive. If you have not use Xiom, try Xiom rubber.

azlan
05-23-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't know about Hexer buddy, but I've tried Sriver G3 on my Stiga Optimum blade. It was a let down. I couldn't get anything out of it. I even tried G2 when it first came out, and it was even worse :) I tried both coz I have always been a Sriver lover (since the early 80s) haha...Butterfly tried to simulate the speed glue effect on the G2 & G3, and failed miserably.

Anders
05-23-2012, 11:03 AM
I don't know about Hexer buddy, but I've tried Sriver G3 on my Stiga Optimum blade. It was a let down. I couldn't get anything out of it. I even tried G2 when it first came out, and it was even worse :) I tried both coz I have always been a Sriver lover (since the early 80s) haha...Butterfly tried to simulate the speed glue effect on the G2 & G3, and failed miserably.

Remember buddy, that the optimum blade was made during the end of boosters and speed glue. So even if it's fast, it may not be as fast as the blades Butterfly created Sriver G3 for. On a faster blade like the TBS or TB-ALC, it might be a very good rubber :)

azlan
05-23-2012, 11:08 AM
Good point Anders...:)hehehe You maybe right. I didn't consider the butterfly blades.